Commission Report says.. UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The UK generally is a model society with little racism or ethnic problems. I tend to agree with the report. Yes there are a small number of Black people who hate the indigenous UK citizens and there are a small number of White people who resent unbridled immigration. But in general outside the largest cities, people live more or less in harmony. That's how it should be. The media just love to stir up trouble and put labels on people. ----------------------This is wrong.

I live in a small town and have never seen any violence against or caused by people of ethnic origin.

The main findings were:

• Children from ethnic-minority communities did as well or better than white pupils in compulsory education, with black Caribbean pupils the only group to perform less well
    • This success in education has "transformed British society over the last 50 years into one offering far greater opportunities for all"
    • The pay gap between all ethnic minorities and the white majority population had shrunk to 2.3% overall and was barely significant for employees under 30
    • Diversity has increased in professions such as law and medicine
    • But some communities continue to be "haunted" by historic racism, which is creating "deep mistrust" and could be a barrier to success

All good stuff .

The Voice of Reason

• Thanks for that link OB, hard to know what is being talked about without context.

Unfortunately the media are the worst offenders at stirring up racial divisions. Newspapers only report news with their own narrow minded Political slant.

The only way to understand all the issues is to read the full report, the main findings of which I reported on the opening post.

The Voice of Reason

• It’s high time the government started setting some tough press reporting standards. To register as a newspaper, it should be mandatory to report news factually and to separate out the opinions to separate, clearly marked columns.

• I couldn't agree more OB because the media rule how most people feel about things by influencing peoples behaviour and views like grooming gangs. At the same time they are influenced by those in high places especially political. This is how the narrative is passed onto the public so the gov would have to take a good look at themselves first and the system of control and direction of people because this is what it boils down too. It stinks from the top down.

• I think both sides of the white-black divide need to understand and accept that stereotyping is a necessary Darwinian way of navigating and predicting one's way through society. Inevitably stereotyping must distinguish between prejudices that lead to choices to embrace, or accept, or avoid, whether it be people, environments or situations. If this premise is rejected, don't even bother reading on.

To me the problem lies in whether the prejudice is an idee fixe or open to revision/enlightenment after observing enough exceptions to change the rule. To my mind, that is the difference between dyed in the wool racism and eventual enlightenment.

It has to be accepted that we live in a capitalistic and democratic(-ish) society based on an ideal of Equal Opportunity rather than Equal Outcome. There are of course valid exceptions: we knowingly and rightfully don’t even try to operate that rule for, say, a one-legged man auditioning to play Tarzan and, unless woke-ness has reached its zenith of imbecility, nor would a black man be eligible for that part unless the departure from a white Tarzan norm was deliberate - the sheer novelty of which has to be one of the ghastlier ways of maintaining colour discrimination and hence racism.

The real challenge is to give a helping hand to the rule of Equal Opportunity when society has over the years exercised an unfair prejudice of unequal opportunity for black people that has created economic, educational and social circumstances that has prevented black people from fulfilling their potential in a society of Equal Opportunity. The danger lies in rectifying this by seesawing to Equal Outcome (Lord Scarman’s “Positive Discrimination”), which a well meaning but bad idea, which had the effect of suppressing, reversing or faking a genuinely perceived stereotype which, unsurprisingly, exacerbated black prejudice, especially when black people chose to take advantage of it in all sorets of ways, seeing that it was “the only game in town”.

The balanced solution is for society to make good on its bad history by giving black people enough help to prepare and be eligible to enter the race. That in itself is surely what equal opportunity is supposed to be all about. But there it must end. The winners have to be real. If everyone is a winner then no one is a winner and this equates with equal outcome, which is entirely unnatural for humans or indeed any living creatures.

I love to think one or more forum members might at least find food for thought in the above. Or even challenge challenge my thoughts.

No reply at all will be disappointing but not surprising

Professor Hans Eysenck (a jew who escaped from Germany) was one of the earliest protagonists in the controversy over race and intelligence. His analyses 70 years ago led him to conclude that variability in IQ scores is heritable, ie genetically predictable to a high degree. He was referring to the Black-White IQ gap. Obviously he took steps to eliminate or allow for environmental or social factors. The fact remains that IQ measurement has been proven as remarkably stable, as well as unaffected by cultural differences among those in participating in the IQ test itself. As would be expected, this created much hullabaloo at the time. Fifty years later, in these politically correct w.o.k.e times he could well be assassinated or jailed!

• It’s high time the government started setting some tough press reporting standards. To register as a newspaper, it should be mandatory to report news factually and to separate out the opinions to separate, clearly marked columns.

Well, that'd be the Sun, The Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail and the Spectator buggered, then.

truth.jpg

no-elites.jpg

Brexit-Daily-Mail.jpg

• Racism among minorities is a relevant issue. some Muslims hate Jews and vice versa. some Hindus hate Muslims and vice versa. some Blacks hate Asians and vice versa. Many Blacks hate White people.....Some Whites resent their country being swamped by immigrants. At the moment the worst racial tensions are due to hatred of White people by Black political groups like Black Power and BLM, they use intimidation, violence, arson and riots to further their political aims.

To say that the UK has no Racism is inaccurate and misleading.

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!