Russian invasion of Ukraine Pt 2

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Russia has warned Nato against sending any troops to help Ukraine, amid reports of a large Russian military build-up on its borders.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Russia would take "additional measures" if Nato were to make such a move.

Sporadic, low-level clashes continue in eastern Ukraine between Ukrainian troops and Russian-backed separatists.

US forces in Europe are now on higher alert, citing "escalations of Russian aggression" in the area.

If you thought a global pandemic was dangerous enough, think again.

The Russians say that their forces amassing on Ukraine's border are just there for "exercises". Do we believe them? Of course not and besides, the Russians are moving tanks into Crimea and moving other military equipment into Eastern Ukraine. The Russians intend to continue what they started back in 2014, to take the whole country.

Biden has already spoken to the Ukrainian president and offered "unwavering support".

Are we about to go to war against Russia?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I can't see a war but remember this is a consequence of EU expansionism that threatens the Russian's influence of their neighbours.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• This is not looking good. It's difficult to tell whether Russia is testing US resolve or whether there is a plan to invade.

Putin's popularity appears to be on the wane, and a war would suit him at this time to distract the attention of the population.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I can't see a war but remember this is a consequence of EU expansionism that threatens the Russian's influence of their neighbours.

It's also the expansion of NATO and NATO bases aiming at Russia. It's interesting that some EU nations are now receiving vaccines from Russia and I've read this morning German ministers are talking about buying Russian vaccine; I can't help but think getting entangled with Russia won't do the EU, via NATO, any good, especially as it previously only damaged the EU's reputation regarding Ukraine; here's Nigel's take on it:

Nigel Farage and Guy Verhofstadt clash over EU army to face Russia - YouTube

• Russians have long memories and clearly remember the horrors the last time Germany expanded Europe to the east. Germany's recent EU expansion eastwards has probably rang alarm bells.. Russia's movement of troops is merely a warning to Germany's EU and Russia won't escalate it any further.

The last thing any country needs is a war between Russia and the EU.

The Voice of Reason

• This threads contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or log-in to continue reading.