Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • We need to stop playing at world police and being cannon fodder for the US, if they want to start a war with Putin let them get on with it and stop the sheep like following of the US into battle.

• Ukraine isnt in the eu

Lord preserve us from these idiots.

Everybody knows that Ukraine is not in the EU. The EU is likely to be the first targets the Russians will invade when and if they overrun Ukraine. It's up to the EU to provide a second line of defense. .......Of course Marxists and Communists in this country are far too thick to understand the implications of invasion strategies.

The Voice of Reason

• Putin is very unpredictable to say the least , if the West sticks together and shows a united front he may well back down and stop rattling his sabre, I am also concerned about China and their moves towards Taiwan

• Indeed and especially after China has now warned America and the West that we should cave in to Putin's demands and that they fully support the Russians. What a surprise.

• Indeed and especially after China has now warned America and the West that we should cave in to Putin's demands and that they fully support the Russians. What a surprise.

Yes no surprise China are not too happy with the Australians either , Russia alone has formidable Military might , and China Military might is also considerable and being added to at pace.

I remember the Cuban Crisis that was touch and go brinkmanship, I hope Putin sees sense and the Chinese as well

• Unfortunately, their "sense" is different to ours.

All this is about to happen in Ukraine because Putin does not want a democratic country which used to be "his" on his doorstep. He's a dictator, so that's a nightmare scenerio for him, especially if more Russians start getting the idea that they want to choose who leads them too.

Same for China. The country was run by the communist party of China, but even that's changed now as the Chinese leader has appointed himself to be a emperor in all but name.

Democracies and dicatorships don't gel toether. We maybe on the brink of one very nasty situation in the world soon if Putin rolls his tanks into Ukraine with Chinese backing.

• Unfortunately, their "sense" is different to ours.

All this is about to happen in Ukraine because Putin does not want a democratic country which used to be "his" on his doorstep. He's a dictator, so that's a nightmare scenerio for him, especially if more Russians start getting the idea that they want to choose who leads them too.

Same for China. The country was run by the communist party of China, but even that's changed now as the Chinese leader has appointed himself to be a emperor in all but name.

Democracies and dicatorships don't gel toether. We maybe on the brink of one very nasty situation in the world soon if Putin rolls his tanks into Ukraine with Chinese backing.

I agree 100%

• One type of Weapon we have supplied to Ukraine.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All this started because President Poroshenko was determined that his country should become a member of the EU and NATO, but in particular he tried to suppress the Russian language, and there were numerous Russians in the country who felt threatened by that and there were no words of reassurance from the President about that.

He also created the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, separating Ukrainian churches from the Moscow Patriarchate.

This was all being done quite aggressively alongside his strong moves promoting capitalism, and I believe that this set of the chain of events that we are now seeing in that country.

• I agree there always two sides to everything and argument , however I can understand that the Ukrainians want their freedom in full they did live under the heel of Russia for many years , as did most of Europe after WW2

• I agree there always two sides to everything and argument , however I can understand that the Ukrainians want their freedom in full they did live under the heel of Russia for many years , as did most of Europe after WW2

First and foremost, they need to learn about diplomacy and cut the anti-Russia rhetoric.

• First and foremost, they need to learn about diplomacy and cut the anti-Russia rhetoric.

I cannot agree with that. They , the Ukrainians, are entitled to voice their concerns openly in public.

I know Russia bans and punishes all critics within Russia, but they should never try and enforce that ban on neighbouring countries.

The Voice of Reason

• I cannot agree with that. They , the Ukrainians, are entitled to voice their concerns openly in public.

I know Russia bans and punishes all critics within Russia, but they should never try and enforce that ban on neighbouring countries.

Any Russian Journalist that criticises Putin ends up dead or in hiding, same with any former KGB Agents and know where Putins skeletons are buried who may pose a threat to him also end up dead no matter where they run to.

• All this started because President Poroshenko was determined that his country should become a member of the EU and NATO, but in particular he tried to suppress the Russian language, and there were numerous Russians in the country who felt threatened by that and there were no words of reassurance from the President about that.

He also created the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, separating Ukrainian churches from the Moscow Patriarchate.

This was all being done quite aggressively alongside his strong moves promoting capitalism, and I believe that this set of the chain of events that we are now seeing in that country.

So, a president of a sovereign country wants to run his own country how he wants. How dare he. :rolleyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!