Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The Russian Ambassador in Dublin was met by volatile Protesters as he was being driven back to the Russian Embassy,

Angry crowd mobs Russian ambassador’s car in Dublin
    Protesters ‘boo’ vehicles as they attempt to pass into embassy
    www.independent.co.uk

The French have stopped and boarded a Russian Cargo ship in the English Chanel on its way to St Petersburg and taken it to a French Port for inspection.

Putin will ignore it all , he is now threatening to drop a huge none Nuclear Bomb on the Ukrainians, he is daft enough to do it

• Russian Minster has made a threat to Sweden and Finland if the join NATO ,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/wor…nato/ar-AAUjPfg

Some Russian MP's have withdrawn their support for the War on the Ukrainians, more Russians are taking to the streets to protest against the war knowing the risk they take by protesting , I hope many more do the same

Well, that’s the nonsense of Putin’s argument. He says he’s invading Ukraine because Russia doesn’t want it to join NATO. He pleads that he wants a buffer between Russia and the West. But his very actions are leading Finland and Sweden to think seriously about NATO membership, which previously was not even on the agenda.

I enjoyed hearing today on the news that Ukraine was fighting back strongly. If Putin loses this war, he will have an awful lot of egg on his face - he will never live it down and will become even more irrational before they remove him.

• I would have thought Putin might have learned by now that sending troops into a City is not a wise thing to do, they have to fight to take every inch of ground , every building, pile of rubble every cellar, if he sends in his Tanks they are very vulnerable to say the least , cannot manoeuvre a few Molotov cocktails dropped from above.

I hope he does lose , better still somebody takes him out now

• I do hope the Russians Forces mutiny and refuse to prosecute Putin's War one never knows it could happen, according to media the Ukrainians have taken many Russian Soldiers prisoner, if that is correct to me anyway it is an indication not all of them want to fight , its a long shot but it might happen

The Ukranians are fighting hard and inflicting heavy losses on the Russians, so that is possible especially among those who are conscripts, but that might make Putin more dangerous.

So far, as bad as it is, Putin has been showing enormous restraint. He has 500 planes on the border, but only using a few. Thosands of artillery and missle lauchers, but only using a fraction of that. He seems to be copying America's tatics during the 2nd gulf war and mainly using tanks to push into the capital. He could simply just obliterate the Ukranians instead like he has done elsewhere.

• So far, as bad as it is, Putin has been showing enormous restraint. He has 500 planes on the border, but only using a few. Thosands of artillery and missle lauchers, but only using a fraction of that.

A destroyed country is no good to him. IIRC the Ukraine is the 5th largest grain producer and the bread basket of Asia.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• There seems to be a whole load of them here already. Where did that big group hanging around protesting outside No.10 come from. At the rate things are going it will kick off in this country and we will requite another country to take us in as refugees next. The world is overpopulated and it's no good to keep shifting people from A to the B. We actually need to start reducing numbers. This is the job of warfare.

• A destroyed country is no good to him. IIRC the Ukraine is the 5th largest grain producer and the bread basket of Asia.

Have you ever wondered how much radiation has been absorbed in that Ukrainian wheat?

I’m surprised that they can still sell it!

• Most of the people leaving Ukraine to seek safety in Poland or Moldovia are Women and Children according to the Media about 120,000 are now in Poland, as and when this is over it is highly likely they will go home if they have a home to go back to.

If Putin does win and he takes over the entire country many will not go home nor would I blame they like many of their neighbours know what it is like to live under the Jackboot of the Communists.

Will Putin be satisfied with just Ukraine ? I think not

• There seems to be a whole load of them here already. Where did that big group hanging around protesting outside No.10 come from. At the rate things are going it will kick off in this country and we will requite another country to take us in as refugees next. The world is overpopulated and it's no good to keep shifting people from A to the B. We actually need to start reducing numbers. This is the job of warfare.

Earth calling if you had not noticed London has been multicultural for hundreds of years, as have other Cities that were built around ports , according to the media it is estimated that about 11,000 Ukrainians live and work in London alone. They are not going to kick off they are asking for help from No 10 and the British people which is being given , likewise from right across Europe.

• Nora this if the damage caused by a relatively crude Atomic Bomb when dropped on Japan in WW2 caused

The Most Fearsome Sight: The Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima | The National WWII Museum | New Orleans
    On the morning of August 6, 1945, the American B-29 bomber Enola Gay dropped an atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
    www.nationalww2museum.org

A nuclear device is far more powerful than that and can be delivered via rocket from hundreds of miles way, if Putin attacked central London with such a weapon London would be destroyed, the blast would reach Brighton on the south coast and a far North as Cambridge then of course the radiation would be carried on the wind.

• I'm sure Mad Vlad would have no hesitation in deploying nuclear weapons if he is backed into a corner. He is extremely dangerous in his deluded mental state as rational thinking is not one of his attributes. He is perfectly capable of starting WW3, where civilisation as we know it would disappear.

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!