Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • He's a nutter but I don't think he's suicidal. Nukes means world devastation for all not just an enemy so what's the point. Nobody wins then. If it did happen we would not know any different so it's irrelevant whereas radioactive fallout can have an impact for years just like when Chernobyl exploded. Talking about Chernobyl I'm surprised they haven't disturbed something there. How much radioactive land is there. All it takes is one rocket in the ground and loads of radioactive material gets thrown into the air.

• It's intelligence where we will win not might. it's a bit like David and Goliath and it does not help to have US style front with a cock sure big gob because that does not always win the battle and Putin knows this. The man's no fool and should not be underestimated. Better tech does not always win.

Just remind me - when was the last time the US won a war rather than strategically withdrawing?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The Americans helped bring WW1 to end by landing many thousands of their Forces in Flanders Fields the Germans knew they were running out of men of fighting age.

Same in WW2 the Germans could not compete with the Americans with their huge manufacturing plants churning out weapons tanks planes and ships day and night .

• Same in WW2 the Germans could not compete with the Americans with their huge manufacturing plants churning out weapons tanks planes and ships day and night .

...and since WWII?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• More British soldiers have perished under American “friendly” fire than have been killed by our declared enemies. Bloody trigger happy cowboys.

• According to the Media allegedly Putin has put his Nuclear Deterrent Forces on high alert :/

Under normal circumstances, we could say it was just a bluff, but he's clearly deranged and capable of anything.

Hopefully, one of his inner circle will put a bullet in him before it's too late. They and their families would die in any nuclear war with the West and that might be enough for them to get the balls and stand up to him.

• I had a look this morning and was surprised to see that the TV channel RT ( the mouthpiece of Putin ) was still being allowed to broadcast in the UK.

Ofcom is supposed to control and authorise transmissions. Why are they allowing propaganda from Russia to be broadcast here. ?.

Have the Communists infiltrated Ofcom, I wonder ?.

The Voice of Reason

• Don't know Mike, it's quite bizarre, the channel has been banned in the EU. Is on Freeview?

The headlines today are saying that Russia is planning a massive disinformation campaign and is going to tell the Russian people that Ukraine has surrended. Make of that what you will.

• I had a look this morning and was surprised to see that the TV channel RT ( the mouthpiece of Putin ) was still being allowed to broadcast in the UK.

Ofcom is supposed to control and authorise transmissions. Why are they allowing propaganda from Russia to be broadcast here. ?.

Have the Communists infiltrated Ofcom, I wonder ?.

It's being investigated as we speak.

Ofcom launches 15 investigations into RT
    Ofcom has today opened 15 new investigations into the due impartiality of news programmes on the RT news channel.
    www.ofcom.org.uk
  • I think that our best hope is that mutinies become widespread and the Generals shut Putin down.

Putin won’t back down, he will just resort to more desperate measures.

It’s a big personal risk for the generals, but the population and the Armed Forces would back them.

• Under normal circumstances, we could say it was just a bluff, but he's clearly deranged and capable of anything.

Hopefully, one of his inner circle will put a bullet in him before it's too late. They and their families would die in any nuclear war with the West and that might be enough for them to get the balls and stand up to him.

The Nuclear deterrent is always on high alert by the very nature of the job it does. LOL This is just Putin mouthing off. They are always on high alert as are our Nukes and the US etc. The worst thing is the press are riding with it as a story and scaremongering. I think maybe it's their equivalent of Defcom level that has been raised as we do with terrorist threat levels.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!