Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The Nuclear deterrent is always on high alert by the very nature of the job it does. LOL This is just Putin mouthing off. They are always on high alert as are our Nukes and the US etc. The worst thing is the press are riding with it as a story and scaremongering. I think maybe it's their equivalent of Defcom level that has been raised as we do with terrorist threat levels.

The thing is Norra, every threat he has made, he has carried out but even as insane as he is, he must understand that he if he attacks us with nuclear weapons that's his country incerated too.

• I think that our best hope is that mutinies become widespread and the Generals shut Putin down.

Putin won’t back down, he will just resort to more desperate measures.

It’s a big personal risk for the generals, but the population and the Armed Forces would back them.

Someone must do something, but did you see that meeting he had with his top general and defence minister two days ago? They looked terrified. The hold he has over the Russians is overwhelming and he is a Czar in all but name.

• Someone must do something, but did you see that meeting he had with his top general and defence minister two days ago? They looked terrified. The hold he has over the Russians is overwhelming and he is a Czar in all but name.

Not sure if they were terrified or distancing themselves, although they couldn’t have sat much further away.

:/

• Should the UK help to enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine? 8

1. Yes (3) 38%
    2. No (5) 63%
    3. Don't know (0) 0%

Ok, poll time. Not had one for a while.

• I voted yes as this would start a WW3. Should make things a bit more exiting. ^^ In all honesty it's not even a question. This is just crap coming from the media shit stirring again. We can't enforce a no fly zone without breaking international law. The Ukraine is not a NATO member remember.

• I voted No because we that Mad Dog Putin would claim NATO has attacked Russia he is as far left fascists as you can get most Russians probably don't know half of what he is doing , his Propaganda Machine is telling them lies to keep them quite , that is why he is shutting some stations down as they won't do as he tells them

• I voted no because its not the uks war, getting involved would be no better than Blair taking us to war that was not our buiness.

I agree with your ‘No’ vote, Ron, but disagree that we should not get involved, at least to the extent of supplying arms, humanitarian items, etc.

As I said before, if we don’t help friendly nations, they will be consumed by the enemy and become unfriendly. This would only spread until we have few friends in the world left.

This planet is a dangerous place and you can’t let the bullies win.

However, Blair and Iraq is different - that war was not necessary for us to fight.

• I voted NO for two reasons. --

1 -- There are other countries physically much closer to Ukraine with excellent air power who could fly constant missions over Ukraine and enforce a NO FLY zone and return home to their own airbases at the end of their deployment.

2 -- We need to be seen as fair minded and don't want to play the "sudden death" game too soon in this conflict. Keeping our options open should there be a chance of peace.

I do agree that we should help the Ukraine military by selling them arms and ammunition.

The Voice of Reason

• I agree with your ‘No’ vote, Ron, but disagree that we should not get involved, at least to the extent of supplying arms, humanitarian items, etc.

As I said before, if we don’t help friendly nations, they will be consumed by the enemy and become unfriendly. This would only spread until we have few friends in the world left.

However, Blair and Iraq is different - that war was not necessary for us to fight.

What you permit you promote .

I don't want UK Forces to engage the Russians , but if Putin wins they may have no choice a few years down the line , especially if he attacks Poland or any other nation that is in Nato

• I agree with your ‘No’ vote, Ron, but disagree that we should not get involved, at least to the extent of supplying arms, humanitarian items, etc.

I disagree the attack was not directly on the UK, my opinion is our armed forces should be defending the UK from direct attack nothing more nothing less, as for aiding other countries we should not be selling them arms which could then be turned on us if they so decide, we maybe provide humanitarian aid if no one else will and that goes for any country, but that doesn't extend to letting them infest our country.

• I disagree the attack was not directly on the UK, my opinion is our armed forces should be defending the UK from direct attack nothing more nothing less, as for aiding other countries we should not be selling them arms which could then be turned on us if they so decide, we maybe provide humanitarian aid if no one else will and that goes for any country, but that doesn't extend to letting them infest our country.

But the rub is, we’ve lost a friendly country, which is now the enemy.

Which will be the next domino? It won’t take long before we have more enemies than friends, with all the implications that entails for our security and our economy.

That’s too short-sighted to ba a practical solution. You can bury your head in the sand for as long as you like, until you are blown out of it.

• But the rub is, we’ve lost a friendly country, which is now the enemy.

Which will be the next domino? It won’t take long before we have more enemies than friends, with all the implications that entails for our security and our economy.

That’s too short-sighted to ba a practical solution. You can bury your head in the sand for as long as you like, until you are blown out of it.

I don't believe the propaganda being spread by the media or our politicians, other country's will stay our friends as long as we trade with them its all about the money its that simple, we are not the worlds police so don't need to fight everyone else's war for them. Just protect out own country when it is threatened that's all.

• We declared War on Nazi Germany because they attacked Poland, you know or should know the rest, within weeks and months, South Africans, Aussies, Kiwi's ,Canadians, Indians , Irish from the North and the South, West Indians , Scandinavia, eventually the Americans even the Russians joined in as they were under attack.

If they had not you would be typing in German

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!