Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • And apparently those specific reactors are some of the biggest in Europe and would have been a bigger disaster than what Chernobyl was. This is the true danger of this war and there's still plenty of contaminated land around Chernobyl that does not need disturbing from ground explosions. Funny how it's the commercial nuclear power that is the bigger threat than nuclear weapons which are highly unlikely to be fired. This is precisely why nuclear power stations are not the way to go for future energy IMO. Then again if every country had them would they act as a deterrent against warfare. Think about it!

That's a thing with war no one gives a damn about the wildlife and environment its just all one giant pissing contest to the humans who instigate it all. :rolleyes:

• Ukraine is moaning because they cannot maintain a NO Fly Zone over their country and want other countries to do it for them. This would mean a huge escalation in the war, as any other country's planes would be shooting down Russian planes and vice-versa. This would be the start of a global world war and nuclear weapons being deployed, resulting in the world as we know it being destroyed. .

Whilst having every sympathy with Ukraine, this would be a step too far. Ukraine should either fight their own Air Battles or surrender to the superior number of Russian aircraft.

The Voice of Reason

• Ukraine is moaning because they cannot maintain a NO Fly Zone over their country and want other countries to do it for them. This would mean a huge escalation in the war, as any other country's planes would be shooting down Russian planes and vice-versa. This would be the start of a global world war and nuclear weapons being deployed, resulting in the world as we know it being destroyed. .

Whilst having every sympathy with Ukraine, this would be a step too far. Ukraine should either fight their own Air Battles or surrender to the superior number of Russian aircraft.

I agree, but you can't blame the Ukrainians for trying! After all, if the Americans hadn't ultimately come to our aid, Hitler would have taken control of our country during WWII.

Let's just hope that our decision not to get involved doesn't result in Putin deciding to invade other countries. What did he mean when he said 'the worst is yet to come'?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Hitler would have taken control of our country during WWII.

Who knows maybe we would live in better world today if he had. War is basically just a power struggle as to who is running the show to impose their own views and what they decide to be classed as morally right on the people. I don't think we will impose a no fly zone as it's not a NATO country and as Mike said it would be stepping into WW3 territory. Then again the way I'm feeling about the world right now I wonder if we deserve to live on this planet.

• I agree, but you can't blame the Ukrainians for trying! After all, if the Americans hadn't ultimately come to our aid, Hitler would have taken control of our country during WWII.

Let's just hope that our decision not to get involved doesn't result in Putin deciding to invade other countries. What did he mean when he said 'the worst is yet to come'?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's speculation at best that if we don't get involved that Putin would invade other countries, but it's more or less a certain he would attack us if we did get involved and then it would escalate into WW3 that's for sure.

• It's speculation at best that if we don't get involved that Putin would invade other countries, but it's more or less a certain he would attack us if we did get involved and then it would escalate into WW3 that's for sure.

Just look at the next country or belt of countries that lay beyond Ukraine. Most of them are former Soviet bloc nations so it is logical to now assume that if the west does nothing these nations will also be in danger. Poland is in the EU and NATO so when are we content to declare the start of WW3? If we fear war we are buggered because I believe war is now inevitable.

I think Putin actually wants war.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• No WW3 is not inevitable, and there is no certainty that Putin wants to invade any where other than Ukraine, but it will become a certainty if us and uk start shooting at russian planes, he will retaliate against us that's for sure, we have to tread very carefully and war should be avoided, you have to consider the bigger picture, and maybe turn away.

• No WW3 is not inevitable, and there is no certainty that Putin wants to invade any where other than Ukraine, but it will become a certainty if us and uk start shooting at russian planes, he will retaliate against us that's for sure, we have to tread very carefully and war should be avoided, you have to consider the bigger picture, and maybe turn away.

He may attack us anyway, Ron. He does not seem to be a rational person at all. The question might be whether we take him by surprise now or he surprises us. I would not put anything past Putin.

• He may attack us anyway

If buts and maybes again, well for certain if we attack him he will attack us, seems to me this forum is full of warmongers, for my sanity I think I'm better off out of here, otherwise I will end up as barmy as you lot. :rolleyes:

• If buts and maybes again, well for certain if we attack him he will attack us, seems to me this forum is full of warmongers, for my sanity I think I'm better off out of here, otherwise I will end up as barmy as you lot. :rolleyes:

Bye....... Shut the door on your way out. :thumbup:

The Voice of Reason

• He may attack us anyway, Ron. He does not seem to be a rational person at all. The question might be whether we take him by surprise now or he surprises us. I would not put anything past Putin.

Going by this, it seems he might do just that OB:

Putin says sanctions over Ukraine are like a declaration of war
    The Russian president also warned against any attempt to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Some media reports say he is ill, which for us is very bad news, because he might want to go out in a blaze of fire, literally. =O

• Going by this, it seems he might do just that OB:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60633482

Some media reports say he is ill, which for us is very bad news, because he might want to go out in a blaze of fire, literally. =O

He is mentaly Ill. His army is Shelling Nuclear powerstations : killing and raping women : killing children : destroying homes and cities: targetted assassinations. All in his name.

The man is not right in the head. He is taunting the west into responding militarily so he can unleash total anihialation on the world.

The west should not respond, except through trade sanctions . Never encourage a Mad man.

The Voice of Reason

• Mike, sorry, when I meant ill, there are some reports he has cancer.

He is definitely mentally ill, that's for sure.

• If he is ill and on deaths door then that's very bad as he may see this as his last chance to achieve his lifelong ambition. I have had a day off from the news today. I'm finding it all very depressing and unhealthy but on the other hand we need to know what's going on in the world. I just wish the news wasn't so heavy about everything and showed other things going on in the world.

gGajn6l.jpg

• What a scumbag. Would he be back tracking if it wasn't for Ukraine.

Tony Blair admits he ‘may have been wrong’ over Iraq War

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/…wrong-iraq-war/

Why not, he was wrong about introducing a fully funded underclass, he was wrong about allowing uncontrolled immigration, he was most certainly wrong about uncontrolled spending, and he was also wrong about listening to his wife and giving us the comp culture. To be honest, he was just WRONG

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• He openly encouraged people to migrate to the UK , Labour spent more time discussing banning Fox Hunting than they did going to war with Iraq.

Mayor Khan also openly encouraged people from Pakistan and India on his tour there telling them London is open to you, what he forgot to tell them was you might find it difficult to find a house to live in

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!