Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Russia now halting its gas supplies to Finland. Finland refusing to pay for its supplies in roubles apparently, but it’s also not long after it announced that it will be applying for Nato membership.

Russia halts gas supplies to Finland
    Finland has refused to pay for gas in roubles but also angered Moscow by applying to join Nato.
    www.bbc.co.uk
  • It's ironic that Putin's invasion of the Ukraine to prevent them joining NATO is now about to double the length of boarder with NATO members. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Putin’s strategy has failed entirely, and he’s achieving the exact opposite of what he set out to do. The man has lost it, and the sooner his own people take him out, the better for everyone, including Russia.

• LOL

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Putin’s strategy has failed entirely, and he’s achieving the exact opposite of what he set out to do. The man has lost it, and the sooner his own people take him out, the better for everyone, including Russia.

and you don't think there will be another nutter with the same outlook as him to step in?

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I can't stand either of them , neither of them have anything to say that interest me

Russel Brand is one of those rich lefties who has obtained his wealth through right wing politics, he sickens me. He wants just about every Tom, Dick, and Abdol to come and live over here, knowing full well that none of them will be living anywhere near his very affluent abode.

• More than likely , it is highly probable that if Russia loses the war which I sincerely hope they do, that most of the Ukrainians Refugees that have arrived here or in other countries across the EU will go home to rebuild.

I don't think there will be a loser or winner, eventually they will have to negotiate a solution, and that probably means Ukraine giving up a chunk of their country, and a promise not to join NATO. Regards the refugees, my guess is that once they have experienced our incredibly generous welfare system, free medical care, and schooling, they will stay here knowing the state will give them homes and eventual pensions. Something I am sure they don't get at home

• I don't think there will be a loser or winner, eventually they will have to negotiate a solution, and that probably means Ukraine giving up a chunk of their country, and a promise not to join NATO. Regards the refugees, my guess is that once they have experienced our incredibly generous welfare system, free medical care, and schooling, they will stay here knowing the state will give them homes and eventual pensions. Something I am sure they don't get at home

They also get more protection in law than the native Brits do.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I don't think there will be a loser or winner, eventually they will have to negotiate a solution, and that probably means Ukraine giving up a chunk of their country, and a promise not to join NATO. Regards the refugees, my guess is that once they have experienced our incredibly generous welfare system, free medical care, and schooling, they will stay here knowing the state will give them homes and eventual pensions. Something I am sure they don't get at home

I can't see them giving up any their country away they are paying a high price to try and keep it , yes they may agree not to join NATO , I have no idea what Benefits they may or may not be entitled to, never been on Benefits

• According to the experts, UK military generals and some other tactual warfare and strategy expert they have won in the sense of popularity and respect from the rest of the world but as far as warfare goes it could go on another 10 years the way it;s going so they will have to settle for a stalemate and make negotiations. Either way the country has been destroyed so I guess it comes down to how many deaths they are willing to accept fighting, that's both military and civilian deaths.

• I agree , even if they win it will take years to rebuild their Cities and Towns , infrastructure Schools Hospitals Bridges etc

I'm sure we will offer to pay for the lot

• According to the experts, UK military generals and some other tactual warfare and strategy expert they have won in the sense of popularity and respect from the rest of the world but as far as warfare goes it could go on another 10 years the way it;s going so they will have to settle for a stalemate and make negotiations. Either way the country has been destroyed so I guess it comes down to how many deaths they are willing to accept fighting, that's both military and civilian deaths.

Given the situation in Ukraine, why should the Ukrainians give up any territory? It is their land and Russia has invaded. I can't see Ukraine capitulating to Putin to give him anything he's trying to steal from them.

As for not joining NATO, has Russia not shown vividly why Ukraine does need to join NATO? Finland and Sweden have got the message.

No, Russia needs to be sent packing with its tail between its legs. To do otherwise rewards aggression.

Did we let Germany hold on to Poland or any other of its seized neighbours at any point in the second world war? Of course not.

• Given the situation in Ukraine, why should the Ukrainians give up any territory? It is their land and Russia has invaded. I can't see Ukraine capitulating to Putin to give him anything he's trying to steal from them.

As for not joining NATO, has Russia not shown vividly why Ukraine does need to join NATO? Finland and Sweden have got the message.

No, Russia needs to be sent packing with its tail between its legs. To do otherwise rewards aggression.

Did we let Germany hold on to Poland or any other of its seized neighbours at any point in the second world war? Of course not.

I agree with you in principal, but as the west or Nato refuse to directly get involved, a compromise is realistically the only eventual outcome.

• As for who's land it is comes down to who wins the war. Lets not forget that Ukraine took it from Russia to begin with so the Russians are just taking back what was theirs back in the days of Chernobyl. Who owns the land anywhere comes down to who wins a war. We would own Afghanistan if we won the war. The US would have been building McDonald's there by now. LOL At the end of the day they can keep fighting for another 10 years if they want and both sides will have more casualties of war or they can make negotiations for some kind of peace. It may even go on for longer. Look how long the war with the IRA lasted for and it was only negotiations that ended that.

• Something else we need to consider is the longer it goes on the more it is costing us the UK tax payer during times of hardship to help feed and prop up another country.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!