Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I was not seeking support for my opinions. Your insults, however, have been noted. Many thanks.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Both Ukraine and Cuba were involved in encroachment by attempts to place weapons of defense (could also be attacked) on the borders or area of Russia - USA. (NATO Alliance - Missiles)

Putin warned Ukraine many times in the same way JFK warned Cuba.

With Ukraine, there are other factors - long history or "who owns the land" etc.

I think you are confusing the Bay of Pigs Debacle with the Cuban Missile Crisis during the Cold War back in the early 60's the Russians back then the days of the USSR, sent a boat loaded with Nuclear Missiles to Cuba to install them , the Americans warned them not to install them, luckily the USSR backed down and recalled the ship before it got to Cuba

That was considered at the time to be the closest we were to a World Wide Nuclear War,

• I think you are confusing the Bay of Pigs Debacle with the Cuban Missile Crisis during the Cold War back in the early 60's the Russians back then the days of the USSR, sent a boat loaded with Nuclear Missiles to Cuba to install them , the Americans warned them not to install them, luckily the USSR backed down and recalled the ship before it got to Cuba

That was considered at the time to be the closest we were to a World Wide Nuclear War,

You are right to point out the subtle variation however, the Cuban Missile Crisis became a direct connection, reaction to the Bay of Pigs invasion.

The whole world was waiting with bated breath to see if nuclear war was about to start. We were warned to prepare for nuclear missiles.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I would prefer education to reduce the populations. No more wars in our time.

Sadly that will never happen, there is always a war being fought somewhere, I suspect that in the not to distant future there will be wars fought over clean water, arable farming land

We are already experiencing millions of people on the move to escape bad Governments, or Heads of State, Civil and Religious wars, Famine, droughts, etc

• But then they complain in their new destination because they were shit scared to do it at home. Well they can all foxtrot Oscar back whence they came if here isn't good enough for them.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• You have to admire the Ukrainians they are outnumbered and outgunned , but putting up one hell of a fight their troops are tired but still soldier on, they are really taking a serious toll on the Russians, the amount of armour they have destroyed, helicopters , aircraft , and certainly the Black Sea Fleet.

There drones which are mainly home made work really well hitting targets well inside Russia and even hitting the Kremlin, from what I have read many Russian women whose husbands and sons are in the front line many of them conscripted, are speaking out in public.

Putin is getting desperate IMHO he may throw a complete wobbler and push that Nuclear button IMO Putin is doing his upmost to drag NATO into his war, the Ukrainians will get to him, some Russians may do the job for them , with any luck.

Trouble is if he is taken out will the Kremlin pick another nutter to take his place

• I have been following some of pundits commentating on this war for some time,epecially the ex army lower ranks,ex servicemen of recent wars. I must say I was epecting most of them to side with the government in all things Russia evil,Putin evil,lets put Putin and Russia back in its place. No. From limited readings and writings the ex army lower ranks dont believe the set up as espoused by HMG. In fact,if they had known then what they know now about all things GB and armed forces,non would have entered into the armed services. Some,few,have great experience of army life,and now British interests and past British interventions: their view of Top Brass and Government decisions is not patriotic!! Maybe I have focused on the few that are vocal,or have prejudiced views such as my own. Still,who would want to lay down their life in any conflict for,say,the bounder Bojo,or come back with PTSD and with no legs to be housed in barracks that even the migrants refuse to live in. I know we have greenbench front of house Westminster warriors wanting more snactions and war,but from what I hear fromthe lower orders there's no belief in their guvners.

Many of the grunts seem very articulate.

I dont even think they even like the army.

They seem to have lost faith in it all

• Sorry Ivy as a veteran of 4 campaigns that is bull.

There will always be those that don't agree or believe or fit in or whatever. I know lots of guys with PTSD even a few amputees, critical of our system here, YES, we could learn slot from our American cousins on veteran treatment these days. But during and post vietnam things were very different over there.

But interviews with lower ranks is not something I've seen especially on Ukraine where the focus is on battlefield tactics and projections.

Unfortunately high ranking officers and politicians are so removed from life on the ground, the grunt as you call them do feel quite regularly that they don't have a clue.

But what you describe is attributable to WW1 and the up and over the trenches attitude, stupidity on steroids. But can you imagine a good officer today going back to that time to try and implement today's tactics, they'd be ridiculed.

I can assure you no genuine reasonable person imho can conclude that Putins actions are justifiable. I wonder what you'd have said if having seen the Russian forces build up on their border, Ukraine had done a preemptive strike and decimated them. Justifiable? Imo very much so.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• We are fed the news by the MSM. Anyone who accepts what they say needs to take a long hard look at themselves. That goes for anything, whether Ukraine, Prince Andrew, Saville, Covid 19, Vaccines, "Hamas is not a terrorist group"?? etc etc

Yes, of course, we should blindly follow what they say. NOT!

Ukraine has an extremely troubled history with numerous battles and wars with neighbors and internal break-ups. It is not as simple as people think.

Putin has not launched a full-scale bombing akin to Britain/USA upon Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people were killed.

The news videos looked like every fireworks factory, in the world, was piled up on each other and set alight.

Blair got promoted to international positions with millions in payment.

• Another hit

A second oil train exploded in Buryatia, deep inside Russia, in an evident Ukrainian secret services bid to block munitions from North Korea.

Earlier a train exploded inside a nine-mile-long tunnel, the longest in Russia.

The line is used for munitions from North Korea to supply Vladimir Putin's invading forces in Ukraine, according to InformNapalm channel.

The channel added: 'The explosion incident allegedly occurred on the Itikit-Okushikan section of the East Siberian Railway in the Northern Railway Tunnel.

• Could be akin to the "Israel bombed the hospital" claim. When in fact it was Hamas who blew up their hospital.

I do not trust the media.

• I might be reading to all the wrong channels. From what I see and read,support for the Ukraine and Zelensky is falling away across all of Europe. Yes,the exception being here.

What do others think?

But for the Falklands war we seemed to have embarked on a series of military failures recently

US and GB humiliated by the 18th century warriors in Afghanistan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!