Russian invasion of Ukraine

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • So why are you worried about where Russia will invade next? You think that Ukraine, with a little help to the tune of about a trillion US $ might be able to push back a ramshackle, tin-shed, chicken shit Russian army, which has been surprisingly underwhelming.

Maybe the destruction of Western unity and economy was Putin’s real objective? In which case we have already lost.

He has expansionist ideas, but where he will strike next, who knows?

• He has expansionist ideas, but where he will strike next, who knows?

It won’t be Australia will it. And at some point he will find himself butting up against an actual NATO member nation and that will change everything.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I hope they have paid their dues. Splitters!!

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I assume everyone realises that when this is over and Ukraine prevails. The USA, just like every conflict before, will want its money back with interest.

I wonder what they have their eyes on in Ukraine with regards to possible sources of revenue 🤔

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• And the Ukrainians have continued to target the Russian oil depots and refineries, so the Russians should start to feel the "pinch" soon. However, Putin got his "little" victory...:

Avdiivka: Ukraine troops leave embattled eastern town
    President Volodymyr Zelensky says the decision was taken to save the lives of Ukrainian soldiers.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Putin ordered months ago that everything but the kitchen sink be thrown at this town as he wanted a victory before the election, so he got what he wanted. But the cost in lives has been terrible. The Ukrainians have really ground Russian forces down, not that Putin cares about that.

Zelenskyy looked utterly fed up today when he spoke about this at the Munich conference. We really need to be giving him as much support as we can.

• Would you really want to let it get to that stage? Best to stop him now, before he gets too gung-ho.

It rather undoes the whole idea of NATO doesn’t it. NATO is a club. As we have heard many times recently you cannot take the benefits out of a club which you are not a member of.

• How bizarre - every single photo to do with the Russia/Ukraine war shows Ukraine inflicting damage and destruction upon Russia. And Russia is one of the most militarily powerful countries on Earth.

Time to give Ukraine a few billion more - that will just about do it for them.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Two years into Russia's invasion, exhausted Ukrainians refuse to give up
    Ukrainians may be fatigued by the war, but they still see it as a fight for survival.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Two years of this Russian madness. Poor Ukraine.X(

Ukraine had bad news last week when they finally had to withdraw from Advika, but the losses they have inflicted on Russia has been extreme. But in good news, lots of Russian planes have been shot down over the last week, including another valuable Russian spy plane yesterday.

Someone please put a bullet into Putin. The sooner, the better.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68384341

Two years of this Russian madness. Poor Ukraine.X(

Ukraine had bad news last week when they finally had to withdraw from Advika, but the losses they have inflicted on Russia has been extreme. But in good news, lots of Russian planes have been shot down over the last week, including another valuable Russian spy plane yesterday.

Someone please put a bullet into Putin. The sooner, the better.

Thank God that the West is now OK with Ukraine getting to target Russian targets in Russia itself. But it needs more weapons as a matter of urgency.

• It is very concerning that the US is now signalling that it is tiring of the Ukraine war, which means that without the weapons it needs to defend itself, a compromise is beginning to look more likely.

Unpopular though it may be, I think Zelensky is going to find that the only way he will get to rebuild Ukraine is to allow Russia to retain the Crimean end of the country. They are Russian speaking there anyway and a thorn in the flesh for Ukraine.

In return, peace could be established through membership of NATO (as was the case for West Germany during the Soviet days).

Imperfect, but practical, with many lives saved and improved as a result.

But Putin gets to keep his ill-gotten gains, which sticks in the craw.

• 'He murders his opponents in cold blood' Defence Secretary claims 'we will stand by Ukraine for as long as it takes'
    The pledged almost £250m towards producing artillery shells in Ukraine
    www.gbnews.com

Defence Secretary Grant Shapps has claimed that "we will stand by Ukraine as long as it takes" after Britain reaffirmed its support for the country on the two year anniversary of Russia's invasion

…Or until the money runs out…..

• It is very concerning that the US is now signalling that it is tiring of the Ukraine war, which means that without the weapons it needs to defend itself, a compromise is beginning to look more likely.

It's all Trump's mob. Makes you wonder whether they're in Putin's pocket.

Unpopular though it may be, I think Zelensky is going to find that the only way he will get to rebuild Ukraine is to allow Russia to retain the Crimean end of the country. They are Russian speaking there anyway and a thorn in the flesh for Ukraine.

In return, peace could be established through membership of NATO (as was the case for West Germany during the Soviet days).

Imperfect, but practical, with many lives saved and improved as a result.

But Putin gets to keep his ill-gotten gains, which sticks in the craw.

But he won't be happy with that, as we know. He wants the whole country, which is why that massive Russian convoy almost got to Kyiv.

The only way it ends is one side wins, prefably Ukraine.

• Says The Sun ??!!! ****

Come-on Heero - you are much better than this.

• Says The Sun ??!!! ****

Come-on Heero - you are much better than this.

I'm happy to take a factual report from The Sun as it shares its news team with the Times.

The tittle-tattle is something else .

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Whether the number are accurate or not doesn't really matter. The one thing we can be sure of is that Putin underestimated the Ukrainian resolve. If he wasn't taking losses and major set backs, how come he hasn't finished them off once and for all by now?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!