Corruption in Government

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Allegations of cronyism have been rampant ever since Boris Johnson became Prime Minister. That's nothing new. At first it seemed to be limited to his purge of the Conservative Party to rid it of moderates and those who he believed might cause him trouble or fail to vote his way in Parliament. But over the last year, since the Covid Crisis deepened, allegations that his government is feathering the nests of political and personal friends, or business associates, or Conservative Party donors have become more and more frequent.

So far it has been impossible to nail any particular allegation to the government because they have either covered up their activities, failed to produce documentation when required, failed to answer questions in Parliament and sometimes just downright told lies. None of these things have been made to stick even when legal challenges have been made because the government uses its huge resources at the treasury to oppose those legal challenges. Nobody is able to mount a serious challenge that can go the distance simply because they run out of money.

It is also becoming increasingly clear that the Civil Service is being suborned into this corrupt web of malpractice and dishonesty.

Apart from specific questions such as who is being awarded contracts? How much are they being paid? And what is the taxpayer getting for their money? The deeper and wider question of why is the government going to the extremes that it is going to in order to cover it up, or prevent detailed investigation.

The people have a right to know. Transparency is the most important public aspect of the way our country is run. If this government is misappropriating money for their own benefit or for the benefit of cronies and / or party donors, then that is corruption on a criminal scale and it must be exposed.

The Good Law Project, a non profit making organisation that relies entirely on donations to do its work is trying to expose this corruption. It faces an uphill task but it is nearly in a position to bring a legal case against Boris Johnson over the contracts awarded for PPE during the Covid Pandemic. Be under no illusions, if it were to go the distance and result in convictions, it could bring this government down. Even an experienced and devious - and yet publicly popular - Boris Johnson couldn't survive being involved with that.

Watch the video. There is clear evidence of a serious, premeditated lie, repeated in Parliament and supported by cabinet colleagues and Civil Servants. This needs to be put to a judicial review. Only, the government is trying to put an end to the practice of judicial reviews. Why...? To prevent their corruption coming to light...?

This has to be exposed.

Do All Lies Matter...? A Blatant, Serious and Proven Lie At The Heart Of The PPE Procurement Scandal

• PPE is only one part of the corruption during this pandemic. Have you watched the Panorama episode (still on catch up) called 'Cashing in on Covid' you should also watch the latest episode 'Undercover: Inside the Covid Testing Lab'. The lies throughout all the pandemic is lies on top of lies on top of lies. The Vaccine minister went on the record on GMTV and said we have absolutely no plans of a Covid passport. A couple of weeks after that they where talking about them. They are all liars and they basically say anything they want at the time that makes them look good or get them out of any awkward questions. Matt Hancock even removed a photograph of his mates pub from behind him on the wall where he sits at home doing his zoom calls and interviews. If you have nothing to hide you don't do such a thing.

The Good Law Project are doing awesome work and the PPE is the start. If they can win this case I'm hoping they can take things further and link the PPE with the murder of not only medical staff with out of date PPE, masked over the Use by Dates on packaging etc but also the murder of elderly in care homes. Orders from the Department of Health (Hancock) sent to the hospital trusts to send them back to the care homes even if they have Covid. There is also the case of DNR's placed on those over a certain age and those with disabilities. That is not a decision for MPs to make and is down to medical staff, doctors to prioritise who gets treatment and who does not. Some charities for the disabled have already spoken up about their concerns over the discrimination.

Even the corruption and money spent on the Nightingale Hospitals which was one big PR stunt. Then there is the test and trace app that didn't happen but someone made a lot of money out of it and then the test and trace call handlers that got no phone calls while waiting for calls at home. I could go on, there is so much that has gone on all the way through this pandemic and that is why we have 130,000, probably more dead. It's not students out partying and the rest of it. That is all part of the cover up stories and more lies to divert attention away from them.

I think this is one of the most corrupt governments this country has ever had. It's even worse than what Blair done to get us into an illegal war. This is an attack on the countries own people during some of the toughest times due to them and outright theft of tax payers money. They have deliberately manipulated and put this country into positions that have directly benefited them. Even the lockdown after Christmas could have been avoided but they wanted us back in lockdown so they could continue on with the corruption and manipulation. I knew about that other strain of Covid arriving in Kent back in IIRC late November but they faffed about with everything, got everyone out Christmas shopping and then U turned but allowed the Christmas spread by which time it was too late because everyone had been out and spent their money Christmas shopping. It was then made to look like it was the fault of the people breaking rules over the few days of Christmas after people had already been shopping and had made plans.

And I tell you what. There is a good chance we will be back in lockdown again come winter time with another wave because they will fuck it up and borders are still not closed plus they have brainwashed folk into thinking the vaccines are working. No shit batman they work when we have all been in lockdown for so long. It's the same pattern as last year. Get everyone out over Summer to get back to work and spend money and we will be locked down again for Winter and who knows what will happen this Christmas. We will end up like Chile because we have more people and we have more people passing through as one of the major international travel hubs and people traffic passing in and out.

• I couldn't have put it better myself, Norra. I'm in full agreement with you on all points and it's refreshing to see somebody who isn't slavishly toeing the party line as apologist for crime.

Yes, we know that there are multiple instances of corruption going on and the amounts of money distributed to cronies, friends and party donors must be staggering by now. I don't think a number could be put to it at this time. Even the government probably doesn't know how much they've given away.

Tactically though, to expose this criminal activity, one specific case has to get through the courts. Just one to set the ball rolling. I think this is where the Good Law Project is heading. Focus in on one instance and get a judicial review which can then open up the whole can of worms. Once set in motion who knows what will come to light.

We saw how Iraq put paid to Blair in the end but look at how long it took to get him out. And then he was able to walk away relatively scot free, handing over to Brown as if it was what he'd planned all along. Johnson will be even more slippery than that because he hasn't got a Robin Cook to resign over it or a Chilcott Report to spell out what he'd done.

Johnson will do everything he possibly can to pervert the course of justice, destroy or conceal evidence, distract attention away from his activities and .... well...... you name it , he'll do it.

Britain has a long history of corrupt government, but in the last 100 years or so it seemed we had found an honourable system for ruling the nation. Johnson is destroying that. He HAS to be stopped.

• If you really want to tackle corruption in politics then you have to look at all parties and not just the ones you don't like, if you want to be taken seriously that is.

• Indeed as I have said many times it is the system that is corrupt. What we do need is some kind of accountability and that does not mean losing your political position of power or some long running enquiry that runs on for years costing even more money only to either get forgotten about because we have moved onto something new or it just withers away into the distance. There should be fast criminal investigations as with any other crimes and putting them in prison. If politicians had the threat of accountability and prison over their heads they may be deterred not to behave the way they do. There should also be investigations into their own personal assets, the profits, including them offshore from crime and they should be taken away from them and their families. Boris and Hancock should be up in front of the Old Bailey for the murders they have aided and abetted to as should Blair for war crimes. They should be locked up in Wormwood Scrubs along with all the other prisoners.

• If anybody wants to see real corruption in politics , come up to Scotland and delve into the murky world of the leadership cabal of the SNP. I doubt if there's anything like it in Wales or England.

The Voice of Reason

• If anybody wants to see real corruption in politics , come up to Scotland and delve into the murky world of the leadership cabal of the SNP. I doubt if there's anything like it in Wales or England.

If there is something to be investigated, then specify what it is. You allege corruption but don't say what it is.

I think it's more like your usual scattergun accusations that have no grounding in any sort of reality but are really just an attempt to deflect attention away from the actual topic at hand.

If you have an allegation to make then let's hear what it is, with some supporting evidence as a foundation and then we can discuss it.

I won't hold my breath.

• Indeed as I have said many times it is the system that is corrupt. What we do need is some kind of accountability and that does not mean losing your political position of power or some long running enquiry that runs on for years costing even more money only to either get forgotten about because we have moved onto something new or it just withers away into the distance. There should be fast criminal investigations as with any other crimes and putting them in prison. If politicians had the threat of accountability and prison over their heads they may be deterred not to behave the way they do. There should also be investigations into their own personal assets, the profits, including them offshore from crime and they should be taken away from them and their families. Boris and Hancock should be up in front of the Old Bailey for the murders they have aided and abetted to as should Blair for war crimes. They should be locked up in Wormwood Scrubs along with all the other prisoners.

Well, we all know the law moves slowly. It has to. You can't jump to rushed judgements because they invariably lead to injustices. What we really want if a comprehensive, in depth case built that will stand up to scrutiny. Let's not forget, Norra........ we're the good guys here. If the prosecution of criminals isn't pursued according to the law, then we are no better than them.

I agree these things take time and get deflected, but that's just another example of the corrupt and deceitful using the dirty tricks at their disposal. They obstuct....muddy the waters..... dispose of evidence..... flannel..... waffle...... shift the story and the focus...... lots more besides. That should tell us something. When they do those things they have something to hide.

Look at Mike's post above..... typical Tory tactics. The focus is on the Tories in England so try to shift it elsewhere and get people looking in another direction.

The subject matter at hand is corruption in the Westminster Parliament by the Conservative government. We should focus on that.

I wish GRECO, the Council of Europe's Group of States Against Corruption could take a more proactive role. Britain is a member.

GRECO - Group of States Against Corruption

Unfortunately, it is not an investigatory or regulatory body which is a shame because the expertise is there.

Quite. I can recall the highly regarded John Smith doing zero to combat the substantial local council corruption going on in his own constituency.

• Well, we all know the law moves slowly. It has to. You can't jump to rushed judgements because they invariably lead to injustices. What we really want if a comprehensive, in depth case built that will stand up to scrutiny.

I slapped my face twice to make sure that I was not dreaming this comment from you, Jenny!

When I hear you making all these unsubstantiated accusations against the government in the future, I’ll remind you of this observation, which I agree with, by the way!

• I slapped my face twice to make sure that I was not dreaming this comment from you, Jenny!

When I hear you making all these unsubstantiated accusations against the government in the future, I’ll remind you of this observation, which I agree with, by the way!

But the allegation IS substantiated. Hansard has recorded Johnson lying in Parliament.

He is a liar. He has broken the parliamentary code. This is not something that has been dreamed up, this is recorded, reported fact. He has been called out for this publicly so if there is any untruth in the matter, why isn't he suing those doing it..?

What I find myself slapping MY face at, is how you can simply sit there and deny anything is happening. I have been around social media for a while now..... I come across many people of all political persuasions and I can honestly say with my hand on my heart I have never known anybody more obtuse and blinkered than yourself. I sometimes wonder if you aren't some sort of bot.... not a real person at all.... a bot placed on a social media forum to automatically deny anything and everything with no regard whatsoever to any facts.

Are you one of Boris Johnson's illegitimate love children, I wonder...? You certainly carry the "immediate denial" gene.

• If there is something to be investigated, then specify what it is. You allege corruption but don't say what it is.

I think it's more like your usual scattergun accusations that have no grounding in any sort of reality but are really just an attempt to deflect attention away from the actual topic at hand.

If you have an allegation to make then let's hear what it is, with some supporting evidence as a foundation and then we can discuss it.

I won't hold my breath.

There are so many examples of corruption, that to list them all would bore people. (Just like your own weird rants and I for sure would hate to inflict that sort of thing on the good people of this forum)

There is a useful utility called Google. If you want to know anything just ask ----- Google is your friend :saint:

The Voice of Reason

• There are so many examples of corruption, that to list them all would bore people. (Just like your own weird rants and I for sure would hate to inflict that sort of thing on the good people of this forum)

There is a useful utility called Google. If you want to know anything just ask ----- Google is your friend :saint:

I'm sure you'd just love everybody to ignore corruption..... as long as it is the Tories getting away with it. If these allegations were being aimed at, say, Jeremy Corbyn, you'd be screaming your head off for "justice".

If billions of pounds were being illegally channeled into trade union funds, you'd certainly have something to say about that..!!!

Hypocrite.

No, people don't get bored with it. People don't get bored with their taxes being stolen by criminals. I think people want to know.

To make the argument that everybody should just look the other way and leave them to get on with it suggests to me that you support this sort of crime. For crime it is. And you are supporting it.

The government is entrusted with ensuring that the public finances are properly and lawfully maintained and used for the benefit of the nation. If they fail, either through incompetence or design, then that is a legitimate matter of public concern.

Rant over. For now.

• I'm sure you'd just love everybody to ignore corruption..... as long as it is the Tories getting away with it. If these allegations were being aimed at, say, Jeremy Corbyn, you'd be screaming your head off for "justice".

Lets just switch the names of the political party involved and apply that sentence to you, inserting party of that has your favour before the "getting away with it" and whatever person/party you don't like in the bit before "you'd be screaming for justice" bit. ;)

• Lets just switch the names of the political party involved and apply that sentence to you, inserting party of that has your favour before the "getting away with it" and whatever person/party you don't like in the bit before "you'd be screaming for justice" bit. ;)

That's the point, Ron. I'm the one bringing the matter to the attention of the forum. I'd do it if it were a party I supported. You'll have to take my word on that though because I'm a member of the Green Party and unlikely to see them in office.

The bottom line though, is that it is the Tories who are in power and it is the Tories who are alleged to be doing these things. No matter who you vote for, it is right and proper to want to know..... to have this brought out into the open.

Transparency is the heart and soul of democracy. So the question has to be asked (and I'll rephrase it a little to satisfy political correctness). Why does the government want to keep what they're doing in the dark..?

• I'm sure you'd just love everybody to ignore corruption..... as long as it is the Tories getting away with it. If these allegations were being aimed at, say, Jeremy Corbyn, you'd be screaming your head off for "justice".

Where do you get that opinion from Anydots ?. I have mentioned many times on this forum the Nasty Corruption and dodgy dealings within the SNP leadership cabal. I do not want anybody to ignore that corruption. I want to see heads roll and want JUSTICE . I'm NOT a Conservative voter and never have been so don't pin that label on me...

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!