What music appeals to you?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • What are your favourite singers, bands and instrumentalists? There is such a wide range of music out there - the choice is amazing.

What has most influenced you or impacted on your life?

Who do you simply like listening to?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Oh my...where to start. I worked as a tape op in a music studio many years ago and am a self confessed audiophile. By that I mean I don't buy into the stupidly high end audiophile equipment and expensive cables and all the other marketing hype but I do have a reasonably high end system (I wont think twice about spending two grand on speakers if they meet my demands and I have the cash at the time) and listening to MP3 files and online streaming services don't even come into the spectrum of my listening pleasure. That would damage my ears and take the enjoyment out of it and I also want all the music as originally intended and recorded by the artist.

I only listen to lossless compression PCM FLAC files and 1 bit direct digital stream DSD (DSF) files. Many of my my FLAC files are considered as high-res, high bit depth and sampling rates up to 24bit / 96khz sourced from the original master as much as I can which is not always as simple as it sounds. Sometimes LP rips are the better option as one at least knows the time and where the LP came from and where it was cut. If I can find a first pressing or good rip (depending on equipment used and the engineers / persons skill level) from a first pressing from the non digital era then all the better. I have an eclectic mix of genres and an absurd sized music library from Classical and Opera, Folk, Jazz, Country to Dance, House, Techno and the many sub genre's. I also appreciate world music of all kinds. I have a soft spot for French, Icelandic, Norwegian and Arabic but I also have some Eastern European Folk music and Classical from Russia. I have even sourced some music originally recorded on Russian X-Rays, so called bone music.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What has most influenced you or impacted on your life?

A good question. I have always been musically inclined and was in the school choir and such. But what influenced me the most is not the music itself but the drugs I took that opened up the gateway (in the brain) to appreciate music of all kinds on a higher level.

Sadly I can't read music and don't play any musical instruments but I can kind of do things by ear on the keyboard / piano (MIDI) and I have had a go on a theremin.

Who do you simply like listening to?

I listen to whatever takes my fancy at the time depending on what mood I'm in.

And now for your listening pleasure, turn up the volume, lay back and close your eyes and listen. If this does not bring a tear to your eye then you not feeling it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!