What music appeals to you?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Hardly. Visually impressive but had a lead character who, at the time could barely speak enough English to order a cup of coffee and probably only grunted thirty short lines of dialogue the entire film (which was just as well considering he had the acting skills of a giant redwood). Weak plot, zero twists, virtually zero script and overly reliant on wooden body builders.

I've seen a lot worse, but that doesn't make it a masterpiece. it was cheese on steroids.

That sounds more like a description of Conan the Destroyer. That was definitely cheese on steroids. Barbarian is about the futility of revenge and the complete emptiness that it leaves.

All I know is that I know nothing :/

• I really like a bit of 80's cheese, but what I really love is soundtracks of my favourite movies. . .

If you can find it look out for the soundtrack of Something Wild. And it's not a half bad film too. Jonathan Demme at his best got brilliant performances out of Griffiths and Liotta in a film that starts like a romantic comedy and then BANG it gets really serious.

Track listing

1. "Loco De Amor (Crazy For Love)" by David y Celia – 3:45
    2. "Ever Fallen In Love" by Fine Young Cannibals – 3:48
    3. "Zero, Zero Seven Charlie" by UB40 – 3:48
    4. "Not My Slave" by Oingo Boingo – 4:23
    5. "You Don't Have To Cry" by Jimmy Cliff – 3:57
    6. "With You Or Without You" by Steve Jones – 4:46
    7. "Highlife" by Sonny Okosun – 3:40
    8. "Man With A Gun" by Jerry Harrison – 4:32
    9. "Temptation" by New Order – 3:28
    10. "Wild Thing" by Sister Carol – 4:05
  • Some of her early stuff is quite excellent but IMHO she let her career peter out too early.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nina Simone: Her live version of ... I WISH I KNEW HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO BE FREE. Is the best song and performance I have ever seen. The epitome of a true artist.

8| "If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!