OLD BOY’S TV CHOICE

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • The New Year listings have been posted on #2. Highlights are:

‘The Tourist’ about a man injured when a huge truck pursued him. The man has amnesia as a result but must try to work out who he is and who the people who are trying to kill him are when he realises his life is still in danger (BBC1, 9pm, Saturday).

‘Anne’ is a true-story drama about a mother who relentlessly campaigns for justice after the death of her son at the Hillsborough disaster (ITV, 9pm, Sunday).

‘Four Lives’ tells the story of the families of four murder victims who were killed by Stephen Port, and their battle to expose police incompetence in the investigation. (BBC1, 9pm, Monday).

‘Screw’, about the management of a prison run by a control freak who allows the staff too little freedom in their work (Channel 4, 9pm, Thursday).

There’s another opportunity to watch the second series of ‘The Bay’ (ITV3) and ‘Counterpart’ (Virgin Ultra HD).

Look out also for ‘Bull on Sky Witness and ‘A Discovery of Witches’ on Sky Max/Showcase.

This is the best week we’ve had for dramas for some time, so hopefully the programmes that were delayed by the pandemic are at last coming through now.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• ‘The Tourist’ about a man injured when a huge truck pursued him. The man has amnesia as a result but must try to work out who he is and who the people who are trying to kill him are when he realises his life is still in danger (BBC1, 9pm, Saturday).

Interested in this one. I missed it on Saturday, but will get to it on catchup at some point.

Nice to have something other than Bradley Walsh to watch. :)

• Interested in this one. I missed it on Saturday, but will get to it on catchup at some point.

Nice to have something other than Bradley Walsh to watch. :)

I would rather watch Bradley Walsh than the Geordie drink driver and his midget sidekick, would also like to see less of "I'm now gay" Scofield and the moronic Mulhern. ;)

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I would rather watch Bradley Walsh than the Geordie drink driver and his midget sidekick, would also like to see less of "I'm now gay" Scofield and the moronic Mulhern. ;)

You are simply awash with compliments today, Ron. I see you are starting the New Year as you mean to go on… :D

• round the World in 80 days’ - a new series starring David Tennant (BBC1, 5.50pm, Sunday)

I have just caught up with this watched the first two episodes on iPlayer yesterday afternoon and 3 and 4 on BBC1 as they showed them back to back yesterday evening, classic story that I think everybody knows but it was still a good watch and David Tennant is always worth a watch.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• The listings for the week commencing 8 January 2022 are now displayed at post #2.

Highlights are:

Underground

A group of slaves attempt to escape from a plantation.

Virgin Ultra HD, 11.55pm, Saturday.

Vera (NEW)

A hit-and-run incident becomes more intriguing for the detective when the victim’s son is abducted.

ITV, 8pm, Sunday

Confirmation

A sexual harassment case against a judge is the focus of this true story.

Sky Atlantic, 9pm, Sunday

Rules of the Game (NEW)

Maxine Peake stars as a businesswoman who presides over an unhappy workforce.

BBC1, 9pm, Tuesday

The Bay (NEW)

This popular drama series returns with an investigation into the discovery of a boxer’s body.

ITV, 9pm, Wednesday

Nice to see the dramas returning to our screens after the pandemic hiatus!

• Thanks OB. Never even heard of The Bay before.

• I'll get around to them one day OB, just don't know when.

Apart from the odd sci fi drama like Foundation (which I saw recently) I see very little telly at the moment.

• The latest listings are now displayed at

post #2. A bit disappointing this week, but most will be able to pick out one or two programmes that might be worthwhile.

My top picks this week are:

Hidden Assets’,

A drama in which detectives from Ireland and Belgium must work together to solve a case.

BBC4, 9pm, Saturday

Traces

Another chance to see this drama series about a woman who investigates her mother’s unsolved murder.

Drama, 9pm, Saturday

Pretty Hard Cases

Amusing drama about a detective who must take down a drug lord.

Alibi, 9pm, Wednesday.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!