OLD BOY’S TV CHOICE

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • The latest listings are now available at post #2 on the first page of this thread. Top Picks this week are:

Peaky Blinders

The latest and final series of this popular gangster series.

BBC1, Sunday, 9pm

The Holiday

Another new drama from Channel 5. It seems that someone is prepared to murder to cover up an affair.

Channel 5, Tuesday, 9pm

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Like most new British drama over the last ten+ years, I've never seen Peaky Blinders, so that's something else parked and something to look forward to in the future.

• The listings for the week commencing 5 March have arrived and can be viewed at post #2 on this thread.

Some worthwhile things to see this week including the following Top Picks:

Killing Eve

The last series of this popular dark comedy drama returns. You’ll never guess where Villanelle is now…! The whole final series is on the BBC I-Player.

BBC1, Saturday, 9.15pm

The Ipcress File

Re-make of this Cold War drama in which a nuclear scientist causes alarm when he goes missing.

ITV, Sunday, 9pm

Our House

This new drama series is about a woman who returns home to find her house has been sold without her knowledge.

ITV, Monday, 9pm

Life and Death in the Warehouse

Get a glimpse of what it’s like to work in a ‘modern’ warehouse in this worrying drama of oppression in the workplace.

BBC3, Monday, 9pm

If Beale Street Could Talk

A woman must prove that her boyfriend was innocent of the crime for which he was imprisoned.

BBC4, Thursday, 9pm

• The latest listings are now available at post # 2 of this thread on page 1.

Look out for Top Pick of the week:

Hidden

A body of a farmer is found in a stream. This is the final series of this drama.

BBC4, Saturday, 9pm

• The best of the listings are now available at post #2 of this thread.

Highlights to note are:

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

This drama tells the story of Jerry Buss, who transformed basketball into the popular sport that it is today.

Sky Atlantic, Monday, 9pm

Annika

Another chance to see this crime drama. A man’s body is found in the Clyde.

Alibi, Monday, 10pm

Professsionals

When a satellite to save lives in the fight against global pandemics explodes, a security expert is called in to investigate.

5Action, Wednesday, 9pm

• Top picks this week are:

The Split

The first programme of season 3 begins with Hannah and Nathan struggling to come to terms with their divorce.

BBC1, Monday, 9pm

Deadline

A disgraced journalist is requested to cover a murder story by the suspect, but is he being used?

Channel 5, Tuesday, 9pm

Smother

The second season of this thriller commences. Denis’s son arrives at Val’s door, but does he have an agenda?

Alibi, Tuesday, 9pm

Raised by Wolves

The androids and the children in their care try to adapt to living in an atheist community as this second series begins.

Sky Atlantic, Wednesday, 9pm

The week’s TV Choice is at post #2.

• I don't have Sky Atlantic, so I will find that 2nd series of Raised by Wolves "elsewhere". That first series was certainly interesting.

• Yes, I add the Sky Atlantic shows for those Virgin viewers with Now TV.

I don’t think you will be able to view this elsewhere just yet unless you have a VPN, although it might be available on Virgin Media Store. However, at those prices, you would be better subscribing to the Now TV Entertainment Pack for a month to binge watch a few SA series. There are some good programmes on there!

• Season 2 in 1080p is available from the "elsewhere" 8 episodes: 23.8 GBytes.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Your top picks for the week commencing 16 April 2022 are:

The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe

This is the true story about John Darwin, who faked his own death to claim on his life insurance policy.

ITV, Sunday, 9pm

Life After Life

A woman dies and is re-born multiple times in her life, enabling her to correct past mistakes.

BBC2, Tuesday, 9pm

The Rising

When a woman’s family can no longer see or hear her, she comes to realise that she is dead.

Sky Max and Sky Showcase, Friday, 9pm

The listings summary for the week are set out in post # 2.

• Sky are really coming out with some interesting stuff. Although that BBC drama trumps it. I've got to try and see that. Thanks OB. :)

• The list of shows selected for the week commencing 23 April are now available at post #2 above.

Top Picks are:

Grace

The realisation that two murders may be connected dawns on Detective Grace (played by John Simm).

ITV, Sunday, 8pm

Noughts + Crosses

Callum and Seph decide to leave Albion for good in this series about black domination of the UK in which white people are subservient.

BBC1, Tuesday, 10.40pm

Devils

Series 2 of this drama about financial investors.

Sky Atlantic, Friday, 9pm

There is also another opportunity to take a look at Blacklist on Monday, and Norra might be interested in Inside the Metaverse on the same day.

• Next week’s listings summary for the week commencing 30 April are now available on post #2 above. Top Picks are:

DI Ray

A police officer is promoted, but was the reason connected to a politically sensitive murder investigation? She comes to believe that this may be the case.

ITV, Monday, 9pm

Whitehouse Farm

A family member is suspected of killing his family in this true story of events that unfolded in 1985. If you missed this when it was first shown a few years ago, this really is a must-see.

ITV3, Monday, 11.20pm

The Staircase

Michael Peterson is arrested for the murder of his wife. Disturbing details about his character are revealed as the investigation proceeds.

Sky Atlantic, Thursday, 9pm

We Hunt Together

The second series begins and DI Franks and DI Mandy are given the dangerous assignment of catching serial murderers Freddie and Baba.

Alibi, Thursday, 9pm

The Terror

This drama tells of the plight of a Japanese community living in the US after the Pearl Harbour attack.

BBC2, Friday, 9pm

Also of interest is Prisoner C33 on BBC4, Sunday, 9pm which is not highlighted as a Top Pick because it will not appeal to as wide an audience. It is a one-man performance showing the plight of Oscar Wilde, locked in solitary confinement in his prison cell in ghastly conditions.

• Only one Top Pick this week - it must be summertime. Find the main list at post #2 above.

The Blacklist

The crime series returns this week. If you’ve not seen it yet, all the back episodes are available on demand.

Sky Max and Sky Showcase, Wednesday, 9pm

• Not seen it. One on my huge list of hope to see in the future.

• Look out for this one, which might be a bit of good science fiction!

The Time Traveller’s Wife

Imagine you have a genetic disorder that has you whisked off occasionally to a different time-zone. Trouble is, your clothes don’t come with you, so you arrive at your destination completely starkers. Star Trek would have been made a lot more interesting if that happened when they were beamed up!

Sky Atlantic, Monday, 9pm

See the complete choice at post #2 of this thread!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!