Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I'll be watching the England games at least, have no real expectations of them getting beyond the group stage, but would like them to beat Scotland when they play them at least. 🤣

• I'll be watching the England games at least, have no real expectations of them getting beyond the group stage, but would like them to beat Scotland when they play them at least. 🤣

I think it's likely that you'll get your wish there, Ron. The Scots have improved greatly under the management of Steve Clark, but their domestic league doesn't produce players of the seriously high quality that the Premier League does in England. If England DON'T beat Scotland, it will be a major headline at the Euros.

England beat Croatia 1-0 today in their opening match. It was Croatia who put England out of the 2018 world cup at the Semi Final stage so a bit of revenge there for Gareth Southgate's team. I think England will make the knockout stage, but like all global tournaments, the competition doesn't really begin until at least the Quarter Finals, when there are no more making-up-the-numbers teams left to roll over and the serious players start having to face each other. When England have to play the big boys like France or Germany or Italy, then we'll see how good they really are.

At least England gets to host the semi finals and the final. My tip is that, if they avoid each other along the way, Italy and France will most likely contest the final.

• Well once England are out I will no longer have any interest in the rest of it, and my interest only just about manages the 90 minutes or so a match takes, and if a match contains too much of the overdramatic rolling about on the floor after being tackled shenanigans I lose interest even quicker. :D

• The Scottish football team were deplorable. Typical of the SFA club football mentality. No skill, no commitment, no use...

.Scotländ is to football as England is to cricket. both totally useless.

• The Scottish football team were deplorable. Typical of the SFA club football mentality. No skill, no commitment, no use...

.Scotländ is to football as England is to cricket. both totally useless.

I think we can agree on that one. I actually stopped watching Scotland play many years ago. They were just a embarrassing joke. What I did notice. When Scotland do get beat. Which is most of time. For some strange reason. Around the 40 minute mark. Scotland lose a goal. And they never recover. I think the last time I watched them was when Portugal beat them 5-0. And a lesson in football. But I will be rooting for them on Friday. When I watch England play. I have to switch of the commentary. It is pathetic. I bet even when the team watch it. They cringe. But one thing you cannot buck. Is facts. England has won the world cup one more time than Scotland.

• Kind of what I expected a draw I actually fell asleep during the match, well its do or die now for England they need to beat Czech Republic or its gameover, I honestly don't know what will happen, and honestly don't care either way, at least if thay are out I have no reason to watch and can find plenty of other things to do instead. 🤣

• Staff Notice

I must admit, I have no interest in football, but after Scotland’s disappointing performance earlier, I thought England would win this one.

However, although this ended up as a no-goal draw, I think Scotland played well this time. England will need to do much better if it stands any chance of getting to the finals.

• Only watched a small part of the game which was boring and uninspired...None of the teams put in any effort... The final score suited Scotland more than England. I see neither of those two teams progressing to the final..

• Staff Notice

Only watched a small part of the game which was boring and uninspired...None of the teams put in any effort... The final score suited Scotland more than England. I see neither of those two teams progressing to the final..

I never bothered watching it, but I was busy anyway. I assume England were playing their usual "aggressive" tactics of kicking the ball back to their goalkeeper?? :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!