Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I'm not a soccer fan so I didn't watch the game tonight. It looks like the Gladiators were the better team. Well done to them. England did well to reach the final they should take comfort from that. At the end of the day what does it matter, it was only a game of Footie. NOW if it had been a Rugby match that would have been different. :)

• Staff Notice

Honestly, what is wrong with these people?

https://www.metro.us/soccer-fa-condemns-racist-abuse-2/

England’s Football Association (FA) released a statement in the early hours of Monday morning condemning the online racist abuse of players following the team’s penalty shootout loss to Italy in the Euro 2020 final on Sunday.

• Oh Dear, from what I'm reading this morning it appears that many of the English fans have brought disgrace to England by their behaviour. I'm not talking about a few nasty comments on social media about the useless penalty takers, ( thats only words and cannot hurt anybody ). I'm talking about the violence and thuggish behaviour inside and outside the football stadium. AGAIN ... X(X(X(X(

• Riminds me of the last world Cup tournament when monkey noises were made towards certain england players by I think it was spanish supporters but I don't recall much action was taken then by fifa or whoever, I just hope they take action against whoever did it this time, the majority of fans just realise its only a game and that England all ways do fail at penalties.

• Staff Notice

Oh Dear, from what I'm reading this morning it appears that many of the English fans have brought disgrace to England by their behaviour. I'm not talking about a few nasty comments on social media about the useless penalty takers, ( thats only words and cannot hurt anybody ). I'm talking about the violence and thuggish behaviour inside and outside the football stadium. AGAIN ... X(X(X(X(

It is only words, yes, but they still hurt emotionally. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it.

• Staff Notice

Gary Neville should be ashamed of himself for politicising this.

As the article clarifies:

‘Johnson eventually told supporters not to boo players but has previously said he is opposed to taking the knee on grounds that he prefers actions to gestures.’

How is that ‘promoting racism’? Politically correct jerk!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp…son-promoting-racism.html

[EXTRACT]

Gary Neville has accused Boris Johnson of 'promoting racism' after the Prime Minister condemned the abuse directed at England's players following their penalty shoot-out defeat by Italy.

• Staff Notice

The flack Priti Patel is taking on the racism debate is both perplexing and disgusting. She explains that ‘taking the knee’ is a personal matter, and is ‘gesture politics’. How does that make her racist? It beggars belief. As Iain Duncan-Smith explains:

“Priti absolutely condemns racism and is doing everything in her power to take it off social media. A lot of people who are anti-racist object to using this BLM symbol, which is also about defunding the police and being very anti the nuclear family. If you want to take the knee, take it, if you don’t, don’t – no one should be bullied.

“How you go about showing your support for the end to racism is not the issue – the issue is what do you do to end it? We should be focusing on how we can stop racism, not who has the best way of demonstrating it.”

The people who accuse her of racism are themselves racist - they conveniently ignore that she is of an ethnic minority herself.

• It is entirely up to any individual to demonstrate against racism in their own way. A few like to kneel down in homage to that Career criminal in America who died while being arrested. Others prefer to remain standing and show their disapproval of those kneeling, which is in effect racial pollitical gesturing.

It's not up to millionaire footballers to dictate what ordinary people should do.

• It's not up to millionaire footballers to dictate what ordinary people should do.

Interestingly the TV media have been suggesting this very thing and that people listen to footballers more than they listen to politicians so footballers should be used more to get messages across. Sounds like a get out clause for politicians to me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!