When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Humour, Jenny, humour. :rolleyes:

Yeh, right.

So.... all these "English" players are now politically acceptable.....??? OKaaayyyyyy so, let's take a little sideways look at their roots.

Raheem Sterling, born in Jamaica and the son of Jamaican migrants.

Harry Kane is the son of an irish migrant.

Jack Grealish is of Irish descent, and has previously played for Republic of Ireland at Under 17, Under 18 and Under 21 level.

Declan Rice (now, there's a good English name, eh..?) who won 3 full international caps for Republic of ireland before suddenly realising that hey...... He's English..!!!

Kyle Walker is of Jamaican descent

Kalvin Phillips is the son of a Jamaican migrant and has an Irish mother.

and I've saved this for last...............

Bukayo Saka (another good, English name) has Nigerian parents who came to England as............... ECONOMIC MIGRANTS..!!! Shouldn't he have been sunk and drowned in the English channel....?

Also in the squad:

Jadon Sancho is the son of migrants from Trinidad and Tobago

Marcus Rashford is the son of migrants from St Kitts

Tyrone Mings father hails from Barbados.

Reece James' father is a migrant from an unspecified African country.

So........ of the 13 heroes from last night, 7 of the team are not "pure blood" Englishmen. That's more than half the team made up of "Foreigners". What's Nige down the pub got to say about that...? "Send 'em all back"..?

Never mind, I'm sure there will be a place in Priti Patel's Serco run Rwandan concentration camp to receive any or all of these players.

Humour, Horizon. Humour. <wink>

• The English team reflects English society and why not.......... Only a racist Far Left Bigot would go to the trouble of researching the team member's family background.. They are all English, so are entitled to play for their country -- I wish them continued success..

The Voice of Reason

• I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't fold like a cheap deckchair, while on paper Ukraine look the weaker team its important to not underestimate them as any team can win on the day, I fully expected England to be playing Sweden in the next round, so there is no room for complacency, especially in knockout round football matches as has been proved before with the England team, anyone remember Iceland and I don't mean the frozen food retailer. :D

• (Thanks to 'Rivendell'. Copied with permission)

The England team is from now on to be known as Dynamo Airstrip One - have unveiled their new team strip for tonight's Euro Quarter Final match.

The new kit is a break from the capitalist white and red and consists of a drab greenish- brownish trench coat with plenty of room to pin medals on and a bunch of hats that Jeremy Corbyn left outside a charity shop after the last election.

In response to allegations that the team have become Marxists, team commissar Gareth Southgatovich said that nothing could be further from the truth and team dogma is in fact rigorously Trotskyite.

Preparation for the match has included self-criticism sessions with Saka recognising that his form has not been up to standard and pledging to do better or be sent to the salt mines - or to go to play for Manchester United, whichever is the worse.

Describing the strategy his team will adopt, soutgatovich said "We will advance heroically into our opponents half, singing patriotic songs and counterattacking without being counter revolutionaries."

When asked if the team would take the knee before the match, Southgatovich said that taking is what capitalists do with productivity of the workers and instead the knee will be publicly owned by all.

england-kit.jpg (This should get the Brexiters foaming at the mouth. IT'S GAMMON TIME...!!!)

• England needs it's own national anthem the god save the Queen dirge is the UK one not England and to be honest quite dull and boring, maybe "Swords of a thousand men!" a song originally by tenpole tudor would be more appropriate it's way more catchy and sing a long.

• 4 - 0 against Ukraine a good result, but Denmark next, be nice to beat them but it will be tougher so fingers crossed. :/

I agree. The Danes are inspired at this time too. They want to "Do it for Christian" (Eriksson, that is).

But even if England make the final (and I hope they do) it is likely they will have to face Italy, who are utterly rampant at this time.

I think the Italian team are determined to atone to the country for their not qualifying for the last world cup. Roberto Mancini has galvanised the team and they're playing fantastic football.

Still.......... there is one omen in England's favour if they do have to play Italy in the Wembley final: The last time Roberto Mancini took a team to Wembley (Manchester City in 2013), they lost the FA Cup Final 0-1 to Wigan Athletic.

Come on England.

• Not even thinking about the final, take each match as it comes.

Oh an here are the lyrics to "Swords of a Thousand men" copyright of Tenpole Tudor

"Deep in the castle and back from the wars

Back with my lady and the fires burned tall

Hooray went the men down below

All outside was the rain and snow

Hear their shout, hear their roar

They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more

Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah

Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men
    We had to meet the enemy a mile away

Thunder in the air and the sky turned grey

Assembling the knights and their swords were sharp

There was not a hope in your English hearts

When you Hear our drums, hear them sound

We're gonna fight until we have won this town

When the knights come along at the end of the day

Some were half-alive and some had run away

But Hear our triumph, hear our shout

We'll probably drink a barrel of ale and much, much more

Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah - yeah

Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah - yeah"

(2) Tenpole Tudor - Swords Of A Thousand Men - YouTube

Edited 3 times, last by Ron Manager (July 5, 2021 at 6:57 AM).

• England have beaten Denmark wooooo hoooo...!!

All of a sudden this team of woke, knee-taking, rainbow wearing, free school meal campaigning, signed shirt presenting, values driven, politically correct lefties.......

........ are national bloody heroes..    

• The ironies in England's win tonight must be tearing the hard right to pieces.

For the last year, ever since Marcus Rashford started campaigning for free school meals.... a campaign he has been roundly slagged off for by the hard right the England team has been attacked as being "Woke".

Then they wear rainbow laces in their boots in support of LGBT players..... OH MY GOD...!!! Put a stop to this political correctness..!!

Then they start taking the knee and get booed by their own fans.... until they beat the Germans and all of a sudden, hey, we're onto something here. OK, we'll turn a blind eye to the knee (until we go out of the tournament).

And then we make a gesture of friendship to the Danes ahead of tonight's match by presenting Christian Eriksson with a signed England shirt as a get well soon gift, one that was graciously accepted by the Danes in the spirit it was given. That would have had the right spluttering into their pints of Spitfire bitter. But rather than say anything, now they smile at it because the team's winning.

This England team displays all the values that the hard right despise. But they're winning, and that makes a whole world of difference.

I'm right behind the team, not just because they're winning, but because for a change we have a team we can be proud of on AND OFF the pitch.

If England win this tournament Gareth Southgate will undoubtedly be awarded a knighthood at the new year. That's a certainty. A certain politician will try to hijack the team's victory as proof of English superiority. The jingoists of the hard right will be all over it as "proof" of a certain "B" word's rightness.

But none of it. The England team will have won this tournament with skill, courage, commitment and style. And they will have done it with honour, integrity, compassion and dignity.

THAT'S the way Englishmen should behave.

• Playing with true Brexit spirit, I have to be honest I didn't expect them to win but it shows even I can be wrong sometimes, will they win the final who knows, well anything can happen in football and often does.

• It's not about politics, though, it's about the football. How many times has it been argued that politics should be kept out of sport?

Most people in this country who are not anti-English or who have their roots in other countries would have wanted England to win, regardless of their politics. However, when the team takes the knee at a match, they will get booed by some because the sportsmen themselves are trying to bring politics into it.

Taking the knee is regarded by many people as being in support of the BLM movement, which has been hijacked by lefties, whereas I think the football teams do this in support of their black players to show that they are with them and do not support abusive comments from the crowd.

As for being 'woke', I think the majority of people are fed up with this nonsense, whether they are footballers or not.

• Poor game last night. the teams were evenly matched ( both mediocre) As expected England prevailed. It was good to see that a UK team is competing in the final.

Fan behaviour was disgusting. Shining a laser in the Denmark keeper's eyes when the penalty was being taken is extremely dangerous. Also did they not know there is a covid pandemic taking place, no distancing. Super spreading at its worst.

The Voice of Reason

• Also did they not know there is a covid pandemic taking place, no distancing. Super spreading at its worst.

This is an example of profit taking priority over safety they are just interested in selling tickets rather than the safety of those buying the tickets, they should not have increased the number of people who are allowed in the stadium to watch, preferably playing to an empty stadium, if anyone wants to watch they can from home.

• This is an example of profit taking priority over safety they are just interested in selling tickets rather than the safety of those buying the tickets, they should not have increased the number of people who are allowed in the stadium to watch, preferably playing to an empty stadium, if anyone wants to watch they can from home.

H’mm….but if there is no money, there’s no games. We can’t carry on forever as we did through the pandemic.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!