Sky1 becoming two channels

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Oh, look - here’s a piece of good news! This looks like being a direct challenge to Fiona Bruce’s ‘Question Time’, with more intelligent debate.

Trevor Phillips to host new debate show for Sky News
    Trevor Phillips is to host a new weekly topical debate programme
    www.mediamole.co.uk

It will be shown on Sky News and simulcast on Sky Showcase. I guess this demonstrates how by picking the best programmes from the full range of Sky channels, Sky Showcase will look pretty good when compared with the terrestrials. However, it does demonstrate how thinly the better programmes are spread on all these Sky channels and on pay tv generally.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I guess this demonstrates how by picking the best programmes from the full range of Sky channels, Sky Showcase will look pretty good when compared with the terrestrials. However, it does demonstrate how thinly the better programmes are spread on all these Sky channels and on pay tv generally.

At the moment it's virtually all Sky Max, a smattering of Sky Comedy, some ancient repeats that are on none of the other Sky channels and The Simpsons. There's nothing from the other channels yet, and as such it reflects badly on Sky, not showcasing at all. I'm SO tempted to unFavourite it and in doing so bump Sky Max up one.

• As well as the new debate programme from Sky News. They will probably simulcast from more channels over the coming weeks. But as I said before, simulcasting does not provide us with more content.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• As well as the new debate programme from Sky News. They will probably simulcast from more channels over the coming weeks. But as I said before, simulcasting does not provide us with more content.

They should just call it Sky Simpsons and then axe the channel when their deal for it ends, since that's the only unique content. 8o:D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!