Stupid Morons glue themselves to the tarmac..

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Its obvious they have little or no regard for the environment and are more interested in attention seeking and notoriety of being arrested as has been suggested as badges of honour amongst their ilk, as has been mentioned insulation for homes is happening and those on low incomes can get grants and help to pay for it, they are just using that as a front to cause disruption and chaos as a means to gain attention, they don't care about the population they say they are trying yo get the insulation for otherwise they wouldn't be disrupting and causing problems for them.

• Well it took far too long to get them into the slammer and they'll be out again to cause trouble before you can say "Jack Robinson"

Enforcement has to be much more robust and immediate.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Public flogging could be a deterrent -OR- Put them in the stocks and let the public throw disgusting smelly stuff at them. ........ I JEST folks ........ That will never happen in the modern WOKE England. The L/W Snowflakes won't allow any effective punishment other than a smack on the wrist. :)

The Voice of Reason

• Well it took far too long to get them into the slammer

They had to officially pass the laws through the courts first instead of just mouthing off to the press with a publicity campaign. My guess is they could get off on appeal as at the time they broke no laws but they are being made an example of so they will need some serious money and a good legal team. The tax payers pot is bigger than theirs.

• I think the police could have arrested them for breach of the peace or public nuisance. Carrying a banner does not entitle you to break the law.

Worse, they did literally nothing for the cause the supposedly supported, bunch of tits

• On the news this morning at least one of the Scum being jailed has threatened to go on hunger strike. I hope they all do. Save the tax payer some money. The female in question should be able to survive on her fat deposits for a good number of weeks. :D

The Voice of Reason

• They had to officially pass the laws through the courts first instead of just mouthing off to the press with a publicity campaign. My guess is they could get off on appeal as at the time they broke no laws but they are being made an example of so they will need some serious money and a good legal team. The tax payers pot is bigger than theirs.

They blocked the highway, which is unlawful.

• On the news this morning at least one of the Scum being jailed has threatened to go on hunger strike. I hope they all do. Save the tax payer some money. The female in question should be able to survive on her fat deposits for a good number of weeks. :D

They won't be in jail long enough for that to do much good. Their sentences will be reduced by half for good behaviour anyway.

If their jail experience is made even worse by a self-inflicted hunger strike, I will be very happy.

• Public flogging could be a deterrent -OR- Put them in the stocks and let the public throw disgusting smelly stuff at them. ........ I JEST folks ........ That will never happen in the modern WOKE England. The L/W Snowflakes won't allow any effective punishment other than a smack on the wrist. :)

Or... they want to stand in the middle of motorways, then fine. Let them and allow everyone else to go over them.

• No doubt they will all be "vegan" so will be demanding special diets just to be awkward.

Just tell them that Heero's bacon butties are made from Vegan pigs. Eating a vegan is a sort of veganism...isn't it?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• They blocked the highway, which is unlawful.

No there is a loophole in the law, one of the human rights laws that allows peaceful protests including on highways. This is why they will not lay a finger on anyone and will have to be dragged off with no resistance. As soon as they show any sign of resistance that could be interpreted as being aggressive. It's also why the gov have had to invent a new law to deal with them. So in actual fact the police could not arrest them because there where no laws broken.

You can read all the legal jargon here from the legal experts.

Home | Green and Black Cross

It was kind of a race between the police just keeping the peace mainly with those aggressive towards the protesters and the gov pushing through this new law through the courts. The police arrested a few and then de arrested them and released them as soon as they got back to the station which I suspect was either for the media and to be seen as doing something or for their own safety and keeping the peace.

The law is an ass and very complex. Just look at the thing about driving on a mobile phone that is on the news at the moment. Another loophole there. There's as many loopholes in laws as tax evasion. And really there has to be loopholes in laws to keep crime going which in turn not only finances a lot of people but keeps policing and a show of power over the people going. A show of force and control over people. What side of the law you fall on depends on how much money you have to be able to afford good legal representation to find the loopholes and get you off. It could be something as simple as an evidence bag not dated correctly and there you go, it's no longer admissible evidence. You can get away with a speeding ticket if the camera or radar gun was not calibrated on that day. I've got away with that one myself in the past because the traffic cops speed gun was not calibrated before he took it out. Most folk wouldn't even think about it and just pay up and accept the penalty points rather than request a copy of the police records. It's big business.

• That’s not quite right, Norra. You can protest on the highway, but you cannot lawfully block it. This is worth a look.

https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Protest-Parliament-and-the-rule-of-law.pdf

[EXTRACT]

There is an established legal precedent that a small obstruction of a highway cannot be considered illegal which allows for protestors to lawfully obstruct part of a highway as part of their demonstration but only if traffic can continue to move along the road.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!