Stupid Morons glue themselves to the tarmac..

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I think this sums up the on the ground and political situation very nicely. If you want to see our laughing stock police force in action skip forward to 2:25. Compare this to the treatment dished out to those defending statues from BLM rioters or anti-lockdown protestors...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The agenda at play, I believe, is to suppress the uprising of the common man, these far left nutters are actually few and far between but very noisy and active hence they get a lot of publicity. The sleeping giant of the common man stepping up to restore balance is something that once initiated will be almost impossible to control.

You made this comment last month. only just seen it, but I think you've nailed it on the head here Armitage.

They are only a few of them, but they're noisy and their mission is to force us to believe what they do. That is the very definition of fascism.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It seems the non-London police forces are doing their jobs, but the uber PC Met does everything except uphold the law, so I'm not surprised by anything they do (or don't do) any more.

• Good! I hope they get put in jail.

BTW: If any member wants their link to embed/unfurl itself, you need to put the link on a separate line. If you want me to edit your post Armitage, let me know.

• Remember to refresh the page after posting to see the unfurled version. (I have to but that might be my browser)

Good! I hope they get put in jail.

It's probably the only way to stop repeat offenders.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Remember to refresh the page after posting to see the unfurled version. (I have to but that might be my browser)

That's the same for everyone. Only a refresh "forces" the link to work.

• Did anyone see that fuckwit (the leader of the group) on ITV this morning?

It was on around about 8.30ish, you can find it on catchup. The bloke is a nutjob. A seriously dangerous one.

• Good! I hope they get put in jail.

BTW: If any member wants their link to embed/unfurl itself, you need to put the link on a separate line. If you want me to edit your post Armitage, let me know.

Yes please. I posted from my phone without my glasses. Lucky I managed to get as far as I did 😁

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Did anyone see that fuckwit (the leader of the group) on ITV this morning?

It was on around about 8.30ish, you can find it on catchup. The bloke is a nutjob. A seriously dangerous one.

He was on GBNews as well. He really can’t seem to grasp the concept that he might not have a lot of support. I’ll see if I can find the link.

Edited once, last by Armitage Shanks ().

• Here’s the link

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They have no right to stop people going about their normal business. They can protest without disrupting people’s lives.

These are just selfish people who are delusional and don’t care whether people miss their medical appointments, job interviews or whatever. Hell, people have died because of this.

There is no excuse. They just want attention and to hell with anyone else.

But can they...? Can they protest in the way they used to...? No.

How Priti Patel's Policing Bill Threatens The Right To Protest

Curbs On Protesting In Policing Bill

When I went on demos and marches during my uni years, and since then, in opposition to Brexit, we were allowed to march peacefully in accordance with our civil liberties - the ones we had back then. We could make our point, have our say, get our message across and then go home. That's no longer the case. If we make too much noise (according to who...?), or too many people are involved, or do anything the police don't like, then they can weigh in, heavy handed, and break the demo up.

The police have employed agents provocateur for years. We've always known that. The troublemakers they plant in the march always kick off conveniently close to a press reporter or TV camera. They have watched us and photographed us (I wonder how many Met Police watch lists I'm on..?) and generally harassed us and always we've tried to keep our sense of humour... not rise to the provocations.

But not all dodgy police tactics are new.

The student tuition fees demos in 2010 got out of hand when the police started to "kettle" the demonstrators. "Kettling" is the practice where large numbers of demonstrators are herded into a small, confined space and penned in so they can't get out. Kept bottled up in this way for more than four hours for no good reason (there was no disorder or public danger risk at the time) generated the anger which exploded into violence.

Needless to say, no mention of the police tactics was taken into account in the aftermath. All the blame was directed at the students.

It is this sort of policing, and this sort of government strategy that moves groups like ER to become "flexible" in their tactics.

They can't rely on the old methods of demonstrating because they will be infiltrated, provoked, kettled, and many will be arrested for the most spurious - or trumped up - offences.

And so.... to get their point across and to make themselves heard, they feel that they have to be innovative.... flexible... mobile.... they have to use guerilla tactics and strike in a way that the authorities can't anticipate and will get maximum publicity for their cause.

I personally wouldn't engage in such a way and I understand the anger and frustration of people simply trying to go about their everyday, lawful business.

But there is a reason why the demonstrators have to adopt the tactics they do. It's because the old ways of making your voice heard are being systematically dismantled and legislated to death.

The answer is simple. Scrap the anti-protest legislation and allow people to go back to the old ways of making their point. Stop infiltrating demonstrations with agents provocateur in an attempt to create mayhem that can be blamed on the protesters. Outlaw police tactics like kettling.

It is government legislation that is creating the current climate. And the people will NOT be silenced. We're looking forward to 9 May next year myself when a demo is being planned for Rejoin on Europe Day. We want to make our point and make our voices heard. We do not intend to disrupt anything or cause any mayhem. But We won't be silenced by police tactics or the attitude of right wing fascists telling us to shut up.

If you take away the people's right to protest peacefully, you must them to do anything they can to circumvent the legislation.

If you want peaceful protests, then let people protest peacefully.

• The statue of Jenny Reid, the Black Lives Matter protester who was so instrumental in removing the statue of Edward Colston in Bristol and dumping it in the harbour.

The woman is a heroine and her statue has - in my opinion, rightly - replaced Colston's on the plinth where it once stood.

jen-reid.jpg

jen-reid-2.jpg

• But did you go onto a crowded motorway and blocked traffic with your demos?

No we didn't. And I wouldn't do it now.

My point is that I can see why some groups are doing the things they are, and I'm not making a knee-jerk reaction to demonising them because they are driven to adopt guerilla tactics by a government determined to crush all and any resistance.

I'm reading some pretty dumb arse comments on this thread. "Lock them up". Sheesh. Did putting women in prison and force feeding them when they went on hunger strike stop the suffragettes..?

Did throwing Gandhi into prison make him go away..?

Did locking Nelson Mandela up for 20+ years make people forget him..?

Putting conscientious people into prison for no other reason than their objection to the faults in our society creates martyrs.

And besides that, what imprisonable offences are they committing when they stand on the motorway (or glue themselves to it)..?

It's not an imprisonable offence in law to stand on the motorway. It's a daft thing to do. It's certainly dangerous not only to themselves, but to other road users. But there is no specific offence currently in the law. It's not considered an offence because until now, it's something that people just wouldn't do.

And this is where ER are wrong-footing the police all the time. They're finding things they can do that haven't been legislated against. The CPS won't press charges against ER protesters for gluing themselves to the motorway because there is no law that says they can't do it.

To be sentenced for a crime, you must first have committed a crime against the law of the land.

All the time ER can come up with different tactics and ways of making themselves seen and heard, the government will always be playing catch-up. ER will always be on the front foot.

And if they attempt to introduce blanket legislation, it's bound to be full of holes which will mean endless arguing about the finer points of law, inconsistencies, any and all ancient statutes and precedents and any other laws that might be infringed by such legislation such as human rights.

The lawyers will love it because they'll get rich out of it and the government will be tied up in knots while ER then go out and find something else to wrong foot them with.

This is a guerilla war, Horizon, and these invariably end badly for governments.

During the Vietnam War, Ho Chi Minh said "If America doesn't win, they lose. If we don't lose, we win."

In other words, to get their message out, ER doesn't have to beat the government. All they have to do is make sure they don't lose.

And THAT is how you do protest.

• I find it hard to believe that the police are suppressing demonstrations when we saw them with kid gloves, bowing to those demonstrators at the beginning of this campaign.

Peaceful demos are fine by me, but not disruptive protests - that is just not on. The Court Order now obtained allows for them to be incarcerated if they do this again, and they will face a large fine. About time, too. I hope new legislation will enable such measures to be taken without a Court Order.

• I find it hard to believe that the police are suppressing demonstrations when we saw them with kid gloves, bowing to those demonstrators at the beginning of this campaign.

Peaceful demos are fine by me, but not disruptive protests - that is just not on. The Court Order now obtained allows for them to be incarcerated if they do this again, and they will face a large fine. About time, too. I hope new legislation will enable such measures to be taken without a Court Order.

It now seems that police are seeking an injunction to prevent further invasions of the motorway. That's a clever move by them. It means that, if granted, any protester who ignores the injunction could face a prison sentence of up to two years for contempt of court.

Smart. Very smart. But first, they have to justify their reasons in order to get the injunction. I reckon they'll try it on Health and Safety grounds.

This could get interesting.

I know you'd like to see the police go in heavy handed, on horseback, smashing heads in with batons or something similarly violent that can get your pulse racing. That's the stuff that Tories get an erection over. But because so far the police haven't given the gammons the hard on they clearly crave, they're being accused of going all snowflake over it.

"Let's see somebody getting trampled under a police horse...... that'll show 'em...!!"

But just imagine the value to the protesters of having some martyrs. Martyrs are priceless in any cause. If the injunction is granted, it's not beyond the bounds of probability that somebody will go right on ahead and glue themselves back down again for the very purpose of getting arrested. Rather than prison being a deterrent, it might just be the encouragement some of them are looking for.

Before WWI, when suffragettes came out of prison after being jailed for their cause, members of the WPSU would meet them at the gate as they came out, to pin medals on their lapels. Those women wore their medals with pride and seeing them endure their sentence with such stoicism and determination to carry on the fight against injustice, encouraged others to join the cause.

Don't wish too hard for prison sentences. You might just get what you wish for.

• You hit the nail on the head. They will simply find alternative methods now which maybe even worse. Maybe even move to military and / or cyber tactics. DDoS attacks can be very affective and if a group anomalously advertise who they are and their protest rather than individuals. At the end of the day people can't be bullied unless they are weak. Locking people up wont work because larger numbers will start to protest and you can't lock up hundreds or thousands of people. Anyway we don't have the prison space or the money and protesters know this so a few may be made an example of but that's about it. Apart from that it's just empty threats to appease those who kiss arses and do everything they are told to do like a pet dog even when it's wrong or they disagree.

By the way Gammon and Snowflake are two of the words to be put on the list to be banned alongside the N word and others. Maybe we should protest about it.:D

• They're attention seekers Norra. Cyber attacks won't get you booked on tv shows, but stunts like the M25 protests will.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!