Stupid Morons glue themselves to the tarmac..

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Here’s the link

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"I don't know if you heard my digest tonight" WTF Did the presenter fart then. By the way he is a complete hard left wing prat so not sure why they have him presenting. The guys a muppet. I have seen him on TV before and can't stand the man and TBH it's a stretch calling him a man and in fact I think he calls himself a sis.

• They know each other. Did you hear him, "you know me mate" and look at the body language and words being used. The pair of them probably went out for a pint afterwards. Nice bit of pantomime from the UK's Fox news there. IMO they are both dicks. It would be interesting to watch the clip Horizon was taking about to make comparisons.

• They're attention seekers Norra. Cyber attacks won't get you booked on tv shows, but stunts like the M25 protests will.

True, but people will not warm to their cause if they carry on disrupting other people's lives like this.

Perhaps we can find an uninhabited island to imprison them all on if we run out of prison space.

They are just a selfish rabble who like to cause trouble.

• You hit the nail on the head. They will simply find alternative methods now which maybe even worse. Maybe even move to military and / or cyber tactics. DDoS attacks can be very affective and if a group anomalously advertise who they are and their protest rather than individuals. At the end of the day people can't be bullied unless they are weak. Locking people up wont work because larger numbers will start to protest and you can't lock up hundreds or thousands of people. Anyway we don't have the prison space or the money and protesters know this so a few may be made an example of but that's about it. Apart from that it's just empty threats to appease those who kiss arses and do everything they are told to do like a pet dog even when it's wrong or they disagree.

By the way Gammon and Snowflake are two of the words to be put on the list to be banned alongside the N word and others. Maybe we should protest about it.:D

Well, I'll admit it is quite puerile to be throwing names at each other. I don't like myself when I do it, but when did arguing sensibly ever achieve anything..? When words like "Woke" and "Snowflake" are thrown out with such wild abandon, and are deliberately distorted from their original meaning in order to turn them into aggressive pejoratives, then - as childish as it is - retaliation is inevitable.

I'd like to rise above such things and I know I should, but a discussion forum is a bearpit. There is no such thing as a civilised discussion on any topic when certain individuals deliberately behave in a maliciously provocative manner.

I'm aware that they drag me down to their level in the hope they can beat me into submission with experience. But I've been told that I'm the once shy and mousey little Catholic schoolgirl who wouldn't say boo to a goose, but has now grown a pair and doesn't turn the other cheek anymore.

Simple rule: I treat others as they treat me. Within the boundaries of vigorous discussion we could get our point across with the minimum of "hard talking", but now, if you hit me, I'll hit you back in kind.

As for the use of cyber tactics, well, I'll reply to that below, as H makes a valid comment that I'd also like to respond to.

They're attention seekers Norra. Cyber attacks won't get you booked on tv shows, but stunts like the M25 protests will.

'Attention seekers'. Hmmm. Yes and no.

In terms of drawing attention the their cause, then certainly, yes. But if you think they're doing it for personal, individual fame (or infamy, as the case may be), then I suggest you're somewhat off beam.

In today's world, getting your message across means getting attention in the public media, be that the newspapers, TV news, social media or whatever. If you're not in a paper, on a black mirror of some kind or another then nobody knows you exist and nobody will listen to you.

Cyber tactics are a time consuming activity which, no matter how knowledgeable the activists are in that area, they will always be up against those who are technically more skilled and can counter that action quickly and easily. It's a course of action that would be very time and resource consuming, but is unlikely to bear much fruit

You provide this forum for us all to discuss the issues of the day and I'm grateful to you for all your efforts. But I know that I'm never going to convert anybody to the Rejoin cause by recycling electrons for a (relatively) miniscule number of people to play message board tennis with. If I want to make an impression, I have to join the demonstrations..... contribute to the e-conflict on social mass media..... be a part of the strategic planning groups..... lobby my MP..... put leaflets through letterboxes...... do all the other things that contribute to the bigger picture.

I personally draw the line at violence or extreme civil disorder. The benefit of the sort of stunts bring is a very fine line between hardening the attitudes of the hard right and getting the support of otherwise undecided people.

Perhaps the real benefit of high profile publicity stunts is that they put the government under pressure. We all know that Johnson is a lying, dishonest, lazy, corrupt and incompetent official who cares nothing for the public well being. But he cares a lot about their votes. He is always on the campaign trail with HIS publicity stunts (driving JCB's through walls of polystyrene bricks.... turning up at every little factory in a hi-viz and hard hat marked "Prime Minister" for a photo opportunity under the pretense that he gives a damn, and so on).

Because he needs the people's votes, when his political radar tells him that a message is being gotten across, he has to respond.

What ER and others like them have achieved, is to get climate change on the front pages. And despite all the deniers who have done their best to convince the British public that there is no threat.... that it's all a myth..... that our increasingly bizarre weather patterns are all down to purely natural phenomena..... has been debunked and alongside the scientific evidence, and the proof of people's own experience, human-influenced climate change is now widely accepted...... and more people who previously didn't believe are being convinced every day.

"Direct Action" has been a part of that shift in public opinion. It hasn't been the only factor, but it has been a factor.

One of the things the protesters on the M25 did this week, that has had no reportage at all, is that, as the vehicles stopped on the road, campaigners walked along the rows of stationary vehicles, apologising for their actions but stating that they believed it was necessary. They handed out leaflets stating their case, through open car windows. If the driver refused the leaflet, they put it under the windscreen wiper.

The stunt is about getting their message over. It's not just a mindless act of civil disorder for the sake of it.

We need to try to understand why people do the things they do. They believe in their cause and are passionate about it. They're doing something that takes a lot of courage and commitment. They know the risks of going to prison and accept them.

These are not the mindless, disruptive, loony-left hooligans they are being portrayed as.

Try seeing them, instead, as "Concerned Citizens".

Extinction Rebellion - Who They Are And What They Do

Have you got the balls to open your eyes and your mind..? That's up to you.

Edited 2 times, last by Jennyanydots (September 23, 2021 at 8:07 AM).

• The Morons who are trying to cause pileups on the motorway are the worst kind of SCUM. Yes we all have the right in law to protest but any protest must not impinge on the human rights of others. There are other ways to protest.

I see some thick Morons are blocking the main Scottish motorway between Edinburgh and Glasgow . I don't want to see the protesting Idiots killed so I suggest they go home and write to Sturgeon with their demands.

The Voice of Reason

• M25 eco hypocrite has £1m property empire... and poor insulation
    AN eco-protester who blocked the M25 four times has been branded a “hippy-crit” for owning a multi-million pound property empire packed with poor insulation.…
    www.thesun.co.uk

So he's really angling to get El Gov. to pay to insulate his homes so he doesn't have to cough up.

I bet most of the trouble makers are rich slobs with too much time on their hands.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Well, I'll admit it is quite puerile to be throwing names at each other.

Oh I'm not having a pop at you. IMO you can say whatever you want and call someone anything you want. If anyone has an issue with that then it's their problem not yours. I was just pointing it out.

Cyber tactics are a time consuming activity which, no matter how knowledgeable the activists are in that area

Not really, look how time consuming some of these protests can take to organise. Making banners alone can take time and then you need to organise observers and the legal team, first aiders etc.

A cyberattack is not that difficult. All you have to do is develop some random free or cheap software with malware on it which contains a script that gives you remote access to the targets network or seeks weakness for root access. Even easier than that it could be a script hidden inside the contents of an image, either in the header file or outside of the image content data file within the image file, pdf or any other file. Some random meme or crap shared on facepoop for others to spread and do the dirty work, I hear cats make a good one to use as everyone likes a pussy LOL Political memes can be a good one too as that can have a subliminal message in the image itself to help with the cause. The only give away would be suspicious file size but who looks at that and if it's a small script with compression then it will go unnoticed. It can spread very fast to hundreds or thousand of machines in a day or so and wont get picked up by anti virus / malware protections as all they see is an image if outside the header. Besides it will most likely be a 0 day script anyway so unknown and not on the definitions list. You then have hundreds or thousands of devices as part of your botnet to use for whatever nefarious purposes you can think off, spam, DDoS attacks, distributing further malware to dig deeper etc. Pick your target, say some major business / corporation or government department site and fire off all those devices at the same time to connect to the site and bring it down with traffic overload so there is denial of service. It's like a traffic jam on the M25 ;)

You don't even have to write the script yourself and you can hire someone or buy a ready made one with bitcoin on the darknet. There's even ready made botnots laying dormant for sale and ready to use so the work has all been done for you already.

A few years back IIRC it was Paddy Bookmakers that received an anonymous message from someone threatening to bring their site down right before a big horse race. They held them to ransom, 'give us so much money by a certain time or we will bring your site down'. Paddy Bookmakers didn't take it seriously and consequently their site was taken down right before the race and they lost many hundreds of thousands of pounds in online bets. Just look what happened to the NHS not so long. OK it was their own stupidity for using weak computer systems and software but many individuals, organisations and governments are not clued up enough or don't take computer security seriously enough. It's the nature of the beast and can't be completely prevented.

Why vandalise the Shell Centre in demonstration when you can bring them down and effect the price of oil or something. That will have a much bigger impact. As long as they make clear who the group and cause is then the deed is done and they can do that anonymously. A more direct targeted approach with deeper and more direct consequences. I would like to thank the person or persons who hacked Parliaments IP cameras that brought down Hancock LOL

Anonymity is a catch 22 because it is part of cybersecurity and without it we leave ourselves more vulnerable but on the other hand it can be used for nefarious purposes. Yet again it's the nature of the beast.

It's basically moving with the times and as one door closes another one opens. The government are stupid because it's sometimes better the devil you know but they are under political pressure when the media get on the case like they do with protesters out on the street. BLM is a perfect example of a cyberattack. They used both the cyberworld to manipulate and physical to recruit and grow. Much of the Donald Trump stuff is another example. As the old saying goes 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'. And lets be clear here it's not only individuals and groups that exploit these vulnerabilities but it's governments also so they can apply political pressure.

Edited once, last by Norra Batty: typos (September 23, 2021 at 4:50 PM).

• If they was serious about stopping climate change they would be targeting the countries who are the worlds biggest polluters the likes of china and so on but the problem is the Chinese police wouldn't be as lenient with them as UK police are so instead they choose the soft option of a country that is way off being the worlds biggest polluter, which proves they are not about climate change and more about being knobheads out for a ruck with police and making a nuisance of themselves, as was mentioned earlier the leader is a rich bloke with too much time on his hands and certainly not a down to earth man of the people as he tries to make out.

• If they was serious about stopping climate change they would be targeting the countries who are the worlds biggest polluters the likes of china and so on but the problem is the Chinese police wouldn't be as lenient with them as UK police are so instead they choose the soft option of a country that is way off being the worlds biggest polluter, which proves they are not about climate change and more about being knobheads out for a ruck with police and making a nuisance of themselves, as was mentioned earlier the leader is a rich bloke with too much time on his hands and certainly not a down to earth man of the people as he tries to make out.

I have no idea who this guy is. But a quick search reveals that his name is Joshua Smith, he is 28 years old and seems to be a bit of an entrepreneur on the side. The sort of person the hard right usually drool over.

Joshua Smith Profile on Linked in

On the face of it, a raving Tory type who is more likely to be a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution.

But......................

It's not uncommon for people who have had a past that seems to be at odds with a particular cause or group, to experience some sort of epiphany which brings about a change in their attitudes.

Just because you are rigidly set in your attitudes and can't see beyond the tip of your nose, doesn't mean others can't.

Then again.... he may be doing this for some sort of lark. He may find it amusing to run amok for a while before he goes back to his business interests. He may even be a plant in the organisation.... put there in order to discredit XR. After all, it could be construed as suspicious that the major establishment arse-licking rags all got hold of his story all at the same time.

Who knows what his angle is. But it makes me smile at the way all the neo-nazis jump on this one individual and attempt to use him as an example, to somehow create the impression that everybody at XR is a rich hypocrite.

Wow....... are you people DESPERATE.

XR is getting under the establishment's / neo-nazis skin.

And that's a good thing.

• They, the moronic protesters, are anti - British Marxist scum. Typical loony left misfits who hate their fellow citizens. Might be a good idea to give violent prison inmates pickaxes handles with occasional day release to enjoy confronting the scum. That would soon clear the scum from stopping ambulances and people going about their lawful business.

The Voice of Reason

• Eco-protesters block delivery trucks at Dover port despite trucker shortage
    ECO-PROTESTERS this morning blocked the Port of Dover – despite the nationwide trucker shortage. Cops attempted to drag the Insulate Britain mob away from the…
    www.thesun.co.uk

Sooner or later some truckers will get baseball bats or WHY and mete out their own justice.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I think there’s something wrong with these people. They say they are concerned about the environment and then off they go to cause huge traffic congestion. Everything about them is contradictory.

• Might be a good idea to give violent prison inmates pickaxes handles with occasional day release to enjoy confronting the scum.

Really...? You really think that's a good thing...?

Think about what you wrote:

You propose releasing violent criminals from prison on day release. You want to arm them with weapons to and deliberately set them loose to assault people..?

Your comment has been visible on this site for more than 24 hours now, it has obviously been seen by a moderator who has done nothing about it and so it seems that the comment is endorsed by the site owner.

I've taken a screen shot and I'm having your comment checked out to see if it constitutes an offence under hate crime law.

You - And Forum Box - may hear about this in due course.

Edited 3 times, last by Jennyanydots (September 25, 2021 at 9:37 AM).

• You will be pleased know we have out own Greta now.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article…ate-change.html

Hmmmm.... the parent shouldn't take the child out of school. The local education authority may act on this.

By all means teach the child about climate change in the home...... I have done this with my own daughter and she hasn't had to miss a minute of school.

The parent is being a little over zealous, methinks. A quiet word from her daughter's teacher is probably all it will take to sort things out.

There's no need to release violent offenders from prison to beat her to death with a pick axe handle over this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!