Stupid Morons glue themselves to the tarmac..

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Good point about balancing the costs versus police but I haven't checked in a while but the costs of keeping one prisoner for the day is outrageous. There's food and board plus the cost of the wardens, administrators and all the rest. I'm pretty sure it's much more than a few coppers wages for the day who if not attending this will be attending something else anyway. It's not like they are given the day off if there is no crime. In fact I don't even think the two can be compared.

• This is what happens when you mollycoddle and sympathise with protesters like this. It quickly gets out of hand as the public gets more involved out of sheer frustration.

These anarchists must be stopped, and quickly, before this really escalates out of control. If the police can’t deal effectively with these demonstrations, maybe the Army needs to get involved. Police photographers should get evidence of all involved and round up the culprits from their homes in the wee small hours.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/10/13/insulate-britain-fighting-breaks-furious-drivers-drag-protesters/

Fighting broke out at Insulate Britain's latest stunt as protesters were dragged from the road by furious drivers.

In one video, a lorry driver cold be seen inching his HGV towards environmental campaigners who were sat on the tarmac in front of him.

Clashes ensued between demonstrators and angry commuters on Wednesday morning, with demonstrators dragged off the roads by drivers near a busy industrial estate in Essex.

Around 20 protesters blocked the junction to St Clements Way and London Road, in Thurrock, forcing multiple vehicles including HGVs to stop and turn round.

Motorists ripped banners out of the hands of demonstrators as they sat and lay in the road. Others had glued themselves to the road, causing long queues of cars.

A female protester was almost run over after stopping in front of a blue Hyundai car, and was berated by the driver who told her "this is stupidity".

Some members of the group were dragged off the road multiple times by drivers, allowing a handful of vehicles to pass through the human barricade.

Activists who were pulled away by their backpacks and clothing immediately returned to their spots and were seen sitting down again.

With no police present to mediate, fights broke out and witnesses described seeing kicking and punches being thrown.

• Well it was only a matter of time before the people start to fight back against the morons.

Indeed:

Dramatic moment furious motorist drives into eco-protesters blocking the road
    THE dramatic moment a furious motorist drives her Range Rover at Insulate Britain protesters has been caught on video. Footage shows a pair group of protesters…
    www.thesun.co.uk

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• She should have kept going they have no right blocking the highway like that and it serves them right is the get runover, and don't give me an bollocks about the right to protest, that can be done without causing disruption to anyone. If they are that concerned about the environment why no go an protest in the countries that are the biggest polluters, oh wait the authorities in those counties wouldn't put up with them doing it that's why they don't, this country is being way too soft on them.

• I suspect she has landed herself in hot water and will be arrested and charged in due course. Various motoring offences have been committed and all caught on camera. The woman is toast. Probably 3 year ban and 6 months jail time I would guess plus a huge fine. Taking the law into your own hands is not allowed. Much different from breaking the law.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• She should have kept going they have no right blocking the highway like that and it serves them right is the get runover, and don't give me an bollocks about the right to protest, that can be done without causing disruption to anyone. If they are that concerned about the environment why no go an protest in the countries that are the biggest polluters, oh wait the authorities in those counties wouldn't put up with them doing it that's why they don't, this country is being way too soft on them.

Ah Ron, You have to remember that this country is polluted by Loony left Snowflakes. They kick up a stink if anybody suggests that other countries actually produce more polution than we do. We, as a country, are not hard enough on people who disrupt the lives of decent people going about their lawful business. Would China or Russia put up with those climate activists ? No Way, they would come down hard.

The Voice of Reason

• Ah Ron, You have to remember that this country is polluted by Loony left Snowflakes. They kick up a stink if anybody suggests that other countries actually produce more polution than we do. We, as a country, are not hard enough on people who disrupt the lives of decent people going about their lawful business. Would China or Russia put up with those climate activists ? No Way, they would come down hard.

We would expect the law to be on the side of the law abiding citizen. The trouble is, it isn't or doesn't appear to be.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Looking at that fat arse she would be better off walking. F..ing weeble LOL She will definitely be in trouble for that as it's attempted manslaughter. A far more serious crime than someone blocking the highway and quite rightly so. We don't need drivers on the roads that lose their tempers to that point of extremism. If she was a Muslim it would be classed as a terrorist attack. That lorry driver the other day was more sensible and stopped at the point of hitting them but after the publicity he got I would not be surprised if his employer has sacked him for gross misconduct. That behaviour does not reflect well on the company.

• I don’t think an ‘attempted manslaughter’ charge would fly, Norra! The driver was trying to push the protestors out of the way, not kill them.

She was wrong to do that of course, but this is what you get when the authorities fail to uphold the law.

The police need to be given the powers to come down hard on this sort of thing, and those powers should be used by the police without question.

Peaceful protest is fine. Obstruction is not.

• Well it seems I was wrong about the Obstruction of the Highways being a crime as there seems to be a clause in section 50 of the Police Reform Act and the right to freedom of assembly under the Human Rights Act. More so the Human Rights Act so probably falls into other categories.

Quote from https://greenandblackcross.org/guides/laws/9-anti-social-behaviour/

The police’s own guidance states that Section 50 powers should not be used on protests.

A police officer demanding someone’s details under Section 50 powers needs to have a reasonable belief that a protest is not covered by the protection of the right to freedom of assembly under the Human Rights Act – and should not immediately and wrongly jump to the conclusion that any unlawful acts are “violence”. The right to freedom of assembly exists even when a protest is clearly in breach of the law: for example, obstructing traffic as part of a demonstration is conduct that is, by itself, considered peaceful.

The law really is an ass and what we have here is one act counteracting another act. This is the problems of too many laws as they start tripping up over each other like when a government lies on top of a lie and then creates another lie to cover over the first. So basically as long as the protesters remain non violent there is not much the Police can do, well....not until these new acts come into play that the Gov are trying to push through the courts but then they may introduce another act later on when there is some new political hot potato to deal with that trips up over the first and possibly counteracts it so no longer relevant. It's all act now and think later.

Interestingly the Obstruction of the Highways does not only mean the road, it can mean pretty much anywhere in a public space and is not related to the highway code and laws of the road. Also Interestingly the offence is obstructing the highway itself (probably leads back to Dick Turpin days) not other highway users, so it is not necessary to prove that anyone was actually obstructed so in effect the vehicle drivers cannot claim to be obstructed but the highway itself can complain. LOL I'm not sure if that includes emergency services though. They have been rather stupid blocking ambulances.

Quite rightly the only time the law comes down heavy on anything is when violence is involved and this falls into many categories of law. For example your house gets burgled and nobody is injured then the police are not really interested. What I can see happening here is a member of the frustrated public getting violent and they will be nicked instead. This is one reason for going limp, they really have to stay away from anything that can be interpreted as affray or assault.

I can understand why solicitors get paid so much as the law is really complex and there is so much to learn and keep up to date on. IIRC I think there's even a law somewhere that if it can be proven that you was not made aware of a law then you cannot be found guilty of breaking it. I think this how some mentally ill get away with crimes and are treated differently.

• Well it seems I was wrong about the Obstruction of the Highways being a crime as there seems to be a clause in section 50 of the Police Reform Act and the right to freedom of assembly under the Human Rights Act. More so the Human Rights Act so probably falls into other categories.

I'm not sure that's quite right, Norra. These links suggest to me that protestors do not have the right to block the highway as this is an unlawful act.

Police Reform Act 2002

Article 11: Freedom of assembly and association | Equality and Human Rights Commission

• Of course it's not right, it us against the law to obstruct public highways, if you want to do so you have to obtain permission from the authorities who are responsible for the public highways, just try hiring a skip when you have rubbish to get rid of, if the skip has to be placed on a public road you need to obtain permission. Also most of the time it won't be the police you have to obtain the permission from but a council or authority that's responsible for the highway in question.

I did briefly mention this before on this thread but it convintly appears to have been ignored in an attempt to portray the protesters as victims I expect. 🤣

• No they are not victims they are just people that have the right to protest which is a fundamental part of a democratic society and if we restrict that more than it is already or worse completely silence or eradicate it then we are heading down a very dangerous road indeed. But to be honest I think we are heading in the direction of dictatorship anyway with the many other things that are happening. Even the woke culture is promoting a political change on that level that is heading in that direction so a large proportion of society support dictatorship masked under another label. I don't think they can even see this and are being blindly led by the media and then the government who are happy to go along with it as it gives them more control. Add to this the increase in camera's, identity cards, tracking people and data collection on files then we are not far behind communist China. The Stasi would be proud of what we have achieved. All we need to do now is start segregating different groups of society. Divide and conquer, it's the oldest trick in the book.

• People have aright to peaceful protest. What they do not have a right to do is to forcibly prevent others from going about their lawful business. To permit that is the route to chaos and anarchy.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• People have aright to peaceful protest. What they do not have a right to do is to forcibly prevent others from going about their lawful business. To permit that is the route to chaos and anarchy.

Absolutely right, Heero.

• No one is questioning their right to protest they can do that without disrupting anyone, in fact if they did they would get way more support, because if you disrupt and antagonise people they are not going to support you, simples, which kind of makes me think its not about getting support its more about attention seeking, if they had conducted themselves in a less disrupting and therefore antagonising way they could have promoted a petition and got people to sign it and then presented that to the government with the backing of a majority of people. But hey ho lets just piss people off instead.

• The trouble with these greenies is they want everything right here, right now. It's all very childish - they either don't understand or they don't care about the impact their demands would have on us all if the government conceded to their demands.

They have all succeeded in getting the world's attention on the issues, which is good. But now they are just getting ridiculous with demands that are impossible to meet. They have become a laughing stock.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!