Stupid Morons glue themselves to the tarmac..

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • he trouble with these greenies is they want everything right here, right now. It's all very childish

That very much reflects how some of modern society are they want everything at once no time to wait, like the kids who throw tantrums because mummy wont buy them any sweeties in the supermarket, and if anything is wrong with their lives its always someone else's fault never their own.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Well it seems I was wrong about the Obstruction of the Highways being a crime as there seems to be a clause in section 50 of the Police Reform Act and the right to freedom of assembly under the Human Rights Act. More so the Human Rights Act so probably falls into other categories.

About time the Human Rights Act gets reformed, syarting with its name. How about the Human Rights and Responsibilities Act instead.

• People have aright to peaceful protest. What they do not have a right to do is to forcibly prevent others from going about their lawful business. To permit that is the route to chaos and anarchy.

Exactly.

Right of assembly to protest does not give a right to block a motorway.

• Clashes ensued between demonstrators and angry commuters on Wednesday morning, with demonstrators dragged off the roads by drivers near a busy industrial estate in Essex.

Around 20 protesters blocked the junction to St Clements Way and London Road, in Thurrock, forcing multiple vehicles including HGVs to stop and turn round.

I'm not a million miles from this location and I'm glad to say we've had a peaceful week, as these protests did impact directly on my household.

As that article hints at, the protests were near a industrial estate. It's basically near the M25 and Dartford Crossing and there is tons of haulage there, which is the whole point.

Knowing that there is a shortage of lorry drivers, what these protestors were doing was tantamount to terrorism in my opinion. They were blocking all the lorry drivers which serve all the shops for whole chucks of Essex, Kent and East London, with devasting effect. If they come back, then I expect there will be a severe reaction against them. This area is not Chelsea and many people work and live near these industrial estates and are dependent on the hauliage indusry, so expect fireworks if these protestors come back.

• People have aright to peaceful protest.

A protest that has no impact will receive no publicity. What are you not seeing on these protests? Let me tell you - people of colour, minorities etc. This is all middle aged/elderly white people - why? Because this is the socially acceptable face of protest, but they are clever, they are well organised, they know the law and they are waiting for the right opportunity to strike out legally against somebody who will eventually lose it and seriously assault one of their kind. The chances are they are good friends with the judiciary and are well connected. Apparently one of the road blockers is the wife of the chairman of TfL...these are not random well meaning idiots.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have some government backing and funding along the line somewhere. The majority of the general public are dumb enough to fall for it. Only think about themselves and what they see in front of them. The bigger picture is not even on the radar.

• Why are those Climate Nutters not flocking to La Palma to complain at the vast pulution Spain is putting into the atmosphere there. They could try sitting in the path of the Lava and see if they can stop the flow.. ^^

• Talking about climate nutter have you seen this Mike :D

Cop26: World leaders’ electric cars could be powered up by vegetable oil-fed generators because of charger shortage

Cop26: World leaders’ electric cars could be powered up by vegetable oil-fed generators because of charger shortage
    A fleet of luxury electric cars carrying world leaders to the Cop26 conference could be re-charged using cooking oil-powered generators because of a lack of…
    www.scotsman.com

No doughnuts for those cops as they will have run out of oil.

• You've got to laugh! Electric cars are more of a problem than they are worth. Woe betide any of these delegates if they want to use their vehicles to get to London before, during or after the summit. The cars will conk out well before Preston!

This is why I am advocating hydrogen cars. It will be far easier to simply go to a fuel station to top up than have to search for a charging point and hang around while it charges.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• You've got to laugh! Electric cars are more of a problem than they are worth. Woe betide any of these delegates if they want to use their vehicles to get to London before, during or after the summit. The cars will conk out well before Preston!

This is why I am advocating hydrogen cars. It will be far easier to simply go to a fuel station to top up than have to search for a charging point and hang around while it charges.

Here’s a good video of a journey from Scotland to London using EVs with people who know what they are doing. Bloody hassle and new phrase to the language “range anxiety”.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Insulate Britain: Protesters block east London roads
    In a statement, the group said: "We won't stand by while the government kills our kids."
    www.bbc.co.uk

Well the nuts are back and they're still targeting my region, although not too close this time. Now it's Canary Wharf and The City they're blocking, which should be fun as the City has it's own police force and they do things "differently" to others. ^^

• This wouldn’t have happened had they been imprisoned for breaching orders, until such time as this went to trial.

We are far too soft with disrupters in this country. This needs to change, and soon, before we get copy cat protests.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!