CO2 low - Get your meat now!

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Gas price rise: US boss holds crisis gas talks with UK
    Meat producers and supermarkets fear a shortage of CO2 will hit the availability of fresh produce.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Don't Panic. Actually, yes... DO PANIC!

Here we go again.... On top of shortages with lorry drivers, cheap labour and now rising gas prices, the news channels have let off a bomb this morning. C02 (remember the issues from last time...) is running low and will run out at the weekend.

The representatives of the meat industry which use CO2 in the slaughter and packing of meat have been on the news channels this morning and they said they have enough supplies until the weekend and then they're out. The owner of Bernard Matthews says chicken production will be cut by 10% at the weekend.

• Plenty of meat of various types in the two freezers so no panic here.

However I bet the panic buying will start all over again and exacerbate the already short supplies.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I'm ensuring that my freezers will be filled up too, but whether it will get delivered, I have a slot on Wednesday, remains to be seen.

• This sort of thing never happened when we were in the EU.

Hey...... they have plenty of meat across the Channel. Actually, they have plenty of everything. What few shortages they have can be reasonably attributed to Covid 19 disruption, but that is minimal.

False reports (fake news) are circulating that shortages are occurring all over the EU. This is either sloppy journalism or a deliberate distortion of events. Knowing the British media over the last five years, I suspect the latter.

Food And Drink Exports To EU Decline Sharply

What is happening is that British exports to the EU have declined sharply directly due to Brexit, mostly due to the trade barriers it has created, but also because of knock-on effects such as shortages of lorry drivers. This is probably the basis for claims the the EU is suffering shortages.

Of course they are (sarcasm). They're not getting anything from Mighty Britain.... this powerhouse of global trade..... you know, the country that doesn't even feed hungry children during the school holidays because feeding hungry kids is "snowflakery" and "woke"..... So, if the useless Europeans can't buy from us, then they MUST be going without. After all, they're only a union of 27 countries working together for the benefit and prosperity of all. What do they know..?

Britain still produces plenty of food, but with nobody to harvest it, millions of tons of good produce is rotting in the fields. Perhaps we should get the army to come out and pick it... oh, sorry... the army is busy driving lorries.... when it isn't supporting the NHS.... or perhaps even doing some soldiering.

Food Shortages Due To Brexit - Farm Workers Have Left To Go Home

We told the the "filthy foreign" farm workers that they were parasites and were no longer wanted. We told them to f**k off back where they came from. We told them they aren't welcome any more. And so they left. They took us at our word and off they f**ked. And they don't want to come back. Yeah, that was really clever of us. Nice one, Brexit.

Still..... blue passports and crowns on pint glasses, eh...? Makes it all worthwhile.

Of course, Brexiters will blame the pandemic for shortages here. To that I say; Bullshine. Covid 19 has contributed to the problem, but nowhere near to the extent of the big picture. One way or another all our problems come back to the same root cause. Brexit.

• Oh, and while I'm about it............

Trader Blames Brexit For Soaring Prices

Fish. That highly sensitive subject, especially so here in sunny Kernow, where fishermen are managing to eke out a living as best they can during the summer season, taking tourists out for recreational fishing because Brexit has just about killed the fishing industry here.

Prices have rocketed. A container of Bream which cost £3000 before Brexit now costs £14'000. Don't shoot the messenger here... I'm just reporting the facts.

Now, this would be bad enough as it is, but now the BBC is showing bias in its reporting of the shortages..!! Yes.... the BBC is biased. Towards this Tory government. Watch this first clip...... This is what Mariella Gabbutt, a Manchester Fish Trader said

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But when this was aired on the BBC, her razor edged, cuttingly toned "of course, this has nothing to do with Brexit" comment had been edited out.

The clip has been sanitised.

BBC bias. Yes, it exists. But not in favour of rejoiners. The Tories have whipped the BBC into line with threats of de-funding if they don't toe the party line. The BBC now doesn't dare to broadcast anything that criticises Brexit.

Scroll down the top link (above) to see the real clip.... then below that, see what actually went out on the air.

Guess which part of the original 33 second clip has been edited out of the final, broadcasted 18 second clip.

Edited 3 times, last by Jennyanydots (September 20, 2021 at 11:56 PM).

• This sort of thing never happened when we were in the EU.

This has nothing to do with Brexit, Jenny.

The CO2 shortages are due to huge rises in gas prices which has happened worldwide. We're not the only country having this problem.

• Yes, he was. This was a genuine problem not caused by their own inefficiency, and addresses the worries that milions of people up and down the country were having over impending shortages.

We don't yet know the details - it might have been a no-interest loan, to be paid back at the end of this crisis.

I'm not sure that there was a better alternative, to be honest.

• Well, I've amended my Sainsbury's order which is coming tomorrow and cancelled most of the meat, but the old saying is "you don't get something for nothing" makes me wonder when and how much we will actually have to pay for this for this deal in the end.

On related news, my old energy deal came to a end three weeks ago, so I changed it to a another company called Green (no, I've never heard of them either) and now Sky News says they are about to become insolvent. They've already taken their first direct debit payment and I'm going to cancel the DD with them now, so they can't take any more money. I expect it will be a long time, if ever, that I see that dosh (£163) back again.

• Ozone (O3) and CO2 are different beasts. It is possible to distill CO2 from the atmosphere but as I understand it the energy required is considerable especially as the concentration is only 0.4% Fertiliser (Ammonia NH3) and Hydrogen production (by the degradation of natural gas with steam) give much more usable amounts.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Boris has resolved this with the company today, so production of CO2 will resume in three days.

Panic nearly over….until the next one comes along.

• I seriously doubt there was any real shortage, like there wasn't with anything we was told to stock up on at the beginning of the covid pandemic, it's a just scaremongering, they are just trying to get everyone out buying and spending money.

• The media is meant to inform. Instead of that, it deliberately incites people to take the very action that makes the problem worse.

You could see this coming a mile off.

• The media is meant to inform

The media gave up informing the public years ago all they do now is give the public their opinion and try to tell the public how to react and if the media doesn't know something they will just make it up and speculate about what will happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!