When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I recorded Strictly last night to watch later. When watching the recording I was underwhelmed by the show. It's been going downhill over the last couple of years but if last nights offering is anything to go by the decline is continuing. The only highlight was a welcome first for strictly, they recruited a young lady who is profoundly deaf and she danced so very well. How she managed to detect the music through vibrations was excellent. I hope she does well in the competition.

The Voice of Reason

• It's something I used to love to watch with my family, but as I'm practically living on my own now, in a way, I just don't enjoy the show now, plus I don't know who the so called celebs are these days.

• It's something I used to love to watch with my family, but as I'm practically living on my own now, in a way, I just don't enjoy the show now, plus I don't know who the so called celebs are these days.

Most of them will only be famous through appearing on some other reality tv show these days, so in a sense not real celebrities, in that they haven't actually done anything worthwhile.

Edited once, last by Ron Manager (September 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM).

• The only one I know is Tilly (Matilda) Ramsay but only because she's been on the Food Network channel with her father Gordon.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• At last the BBC is found out while deceiving the public. They have finally admitted that Strictly's results programme on Sunday night is pre recorded on Saturday and public opinion is forcing the BBC to correct their deceipt. The BBC is no longer fit for purpose.. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

The Voice of Reason

• At last the BBC is found out while deceiving the public. They have finally admitted that Strictly's results programme on Sunday night is pre recorded on Saturday and public opinion is forcing the BBC to correct their deceipt. The BBC is no longer fit for purpose.. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Did they ever claim it was ‘live’, though, Mike? It doesn’t say it’s ‘live’ in my listings magazine, it just says ‘New’.

• Maybe they will just drop the show, it's on far too long and seems to take over, they could cut each episode by half at least if the cut out all the bullshit and waffle that takes place, but the same can be said for a lot of so called entertainment/reality shows.

• Well, they will surely keep it going while it continues to achieve big audiences.

They are so desperate to bring us programmes on the cheap, they’ve even revived ‘Blankety Blank’. These are all the ‘quality shows’ the Beeb insists it is the only broadcaster is capable of showing and which we would see no more if there was no BBC!

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

I think our ‘discerning audience’ has already deserted the BBC in favour of Netflix, Prime and others.

• Define Live because even so called Live programmes have a delay so they can remove swearing and what have you. It's like when the WTC 7 went down before our eyes after the reporter reporting it collapsing.

• Yes, but the time delay is only a few seconds to deal with unacceptable language on live programmes. Legacy problems can delay the receiving of live action up to a minute or so later than the actual event.

However, Mike is complaining that a programme he thought was live was actually shown no less than a day later.

• Most of us have suspected for years, that the BBC Strictly results programme was recorded on the Saturday and put out as a new programme on Sunday. . How often we hear presenters misleading the viewers.

There's no need for that.. If they cut the useless time wasting crap that occurs between dances, they would have enough time to include the results in the Saturday time slot. There would be absolutely no need for a Sunday broadcast.

The Voice of Reason

• My wife likes the show. As said earlier, we record the show and zap through the crap---- Did you see that female judge sitting there looking like she still had her curlers in.----- Good laugh !! :D

The Voice of Reason

• My wife likes the show. As said earlier, we record the show and zap through the crap---- Did you see that female judge sitting there looking like she still had her curlers in.----- Good laugh !! :D

Don't you feel your masculinity levels draining away whilst watching that absolute pish?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Strictly is on the way out.. No excitement, same old same old ........ Now apparently that nutter of a judge Tonioli is to return for next series. Time to retire the Strictly franchise, before everybody gives it up as a bad job.

The Voice of Reason

I don’t understand why you are still watching it! Do you not have Netflix?

:)

I've always known that the results show was recorded, it was no secret, perhaps Mike just didn't realise??

• Unless it’s sport, I can’t see that it is a big issue whether or not a programme is live when you watch it. However, I know that there are some who will disagree with me on this, although I cannot really fathom why

Just about everything I watch is pre-recorded or on demand, even the news and weather!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!