Where will this energy crisis end?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You can bet that those who are complaining most are also those who so vehemently opposed fracking for shale gas onshore. :rolleyes:

They reap what they sow.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Its no coincidence that the talk of price increases always happen at he time of year when the weather gets cooler and longer hours of darkness occur, so people will be using more energy.

• Supply and demand. 'Twas ever so.

Yes we know, yet they still insist its because of a shortage they need to start admitting they are profiteering and cut all the bollocks about wanting us to reduce our energy usage they would actual prefer us to use more.

• Its no coincidence that the talk of price increases always happen at he time of year when the weather gets cooler and longer hours of darkness occur, so people will be using more energy.

Fortunately, however, the government’s price cap will see us through the winter.

The price of gas has been falling again since it’s peak, so hopefully things we improve and stabilise over the coming days and weeks.

• I think this energy crisis will get worse before it gets better.

I’m just waiting for some climate change enthusiasts to start complaining about their energy bills.

Perhaps we were just a tad over-enthusiastic when we decommissioned our more reliable sources of power before replacement systems were properly in place.

https://www.power-technology.com/news/industry-…-bills-uk-rise/

Agree. This is what will cause their protest to come crashing down on them. You need a lot of careful planning and a viable alternative before you kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

• Energy firm Bulb set to go into administration
    The energy firm, with 1.7 million customers, is the largest gas and electricity company to face difficulties.
    www.bbc.co.uk

This is the latest collapse and the most serious, as in effect, the government has taken on the job of supplying energy to the customers of Bulb.

I don't know how long these high energy prices will continue for, but it's clear our energy market as its been since privastisation is probably over. At best we'll be left with just four or five companies and at worst, none at all.

Are we heading towards a complete renationalisation of the energy market?

• Agree. This is what will cause their protest to come crashing down on them. You need a lot of careful planning and a viable alternative before you kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Is the golden goose Russia or carbon fuels.

This is the latest collapse and the most serious, as in effect, the government has taken on the job of supplying energy to the customers of Bulb.

I don't know how long these high energy prices will continue for, but it's clear our energy market as its been since privastisation is probably over. At best we'll be left with just four or five companies and at worst, none at all.

Are we heading towards a complete renationalisation of the energy market?

The energy crises is about Russia trying to blackmail Europe to abandon the Ukraine.

The silver lining might be that governments accelerate the move to renewable energy. Maybe put aside other differences and get the interconnections finished along with the much vaunted smart machine to take advantage of that smart energy.

Ooh and if anyone in power is reading. How about a proper low tariff for night time usage when no one wants power but the wind still blows.

• Night time is my time. I am a night owl. Been working away dong some coding all night and just stopped for a break. I will fall asleep for a couple of hours around 5.30 - 6.00. The morning news will probably send me to sleep.

• You do coding, Nora? Big respect from me. :thumbup:

I tried to teach myself some years ago. To put it bluntly, I am absolutely hopeless at it. But then I am also hopeless at maths. If there was a Noble Prize for being useless at maths and arithmetic, I'd win, no contest.

• When you consider that most of our energy gas, electric all come down the same wire, pipes or whatever anyway through the same network, you have to question whether the price differences between the various so called energy suppliers are genuine also the claims that some suppliers make that they obtain all their energy from renewable source, so surely all the suppliers obtain it from the same sources anyway and the claims are a ruse to dupe people into thinking they are eco friendly. :/

• I always womdered about that too, Ron.

With VM, you know you are getting a service that is separate to BT, because the broadband and telly comes down a different pipe to there's, not so with gas and electricity.

• Exactly and its always been the same for years ever since the old nationalised companies, hence the term national grid for the electric network and its the same for gas since the introduction of natural gas a national gas pipe network.

• When you consider that most of our energy gas, electric all come down the same wire, pipes or whatever anyway through the same network, you have to question whether the price differences between the various so called energy suppliers are genuine also the claims that some suppliers make that they obtain all their energy from renewable source, so surely all the suppliers obtain it from the same sources anyway and the claims are a ruse to dupe people into thinking they are eco friendly. :/

Think of it this way Ron. The pipes and wires are "Just Eat", the gas/electric is Mac Donalds/KFC/ Greggs/Starbucks etc.

• Think of it this way Ron. The pipes and wires are "Just Eat", the gas/electric is Mac Donalds/KFC/ Greggs/Starbucks etc.

The difference being you have a choice that you don't buy from "just eat" and cook your own meals, you can hardly do that with gas and electric can you so that was kind of a moronic analogy to make. :D 8o

A better analogy would be the energy companies are like Just eat, Deliveroo or uber eats or whatever and they are supplying a product from the same source at different prices.

Edited once, last by Ron Manager (November 24, 2021 at 7:45 AM).

• The difference being you have a choice that you don't buy from "just eat" and cook your own meals, you can hardly do that with gas and electric can you so that was kind of a moronic analogy to make.

That has nothing to do with what I said. You were assuming delivery systems (Pipes and Wires) meant all the suppliers were buying from the same people.

A better analogy would be the energy companies are like Just eat, Deliveroo or uber eats or whatever and they are supplying a product from the same source at different prices.

Not at all.

Energy companies are lie Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons. They all supply similar products, they all use vans to deliver them, but they don't all buy them from the same supplier .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!