Where will this energy crisis end?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You do coding, Nora? Big respect from me. :thumbup:

I tried to teach myself some years ago. To put it bluntly, I am absolutely hopeless at it. But then I am also hopeless at maths. If there was a Noble Prize for being useless at maths and arithmetic, I'd win, no contest.

I dabble at it it. It's not my forté so to speak. I do anything multimedia related. I have a love hate relationship with computers and technology.

It's cold today. I wonder how many people have the heating on. A good day to stay under the blankets in bed or collect some firewood, chop down a tree and have a bonfire and save on heating bills. This is where I can see the energy crisis leading to. People will end up turning back to means of making their own heating which means wood, coal, peat etc. We could even start to burn our own rubbish and save of dustbin men recycling etc costs etc, basically skipping the middle man and paying bills. We could even collect and dry out old coffee granules and turn them into bricks for burning. The Nescafe factory has been doing this for years and don't pay heating bills. They use the husks from the beans and roasting process to power itself and the factory. Completely self sufficient. The only reason we have environmental issues from energy is because we have created a middle man who we can feed our money to and prop up business.

• Yes but as I explained, just because DHL deliver all your parcels does not mean they are all made by the same company.

Its possible the energy companies are lying to us, but that isn't your claim is it?

Of course electricity and gas are generated by different companies and also distributed by different companies, but what we get piped into our homes is the same stuff that our neighbours get, regardless of who the supplier is. The only difference is the name of the supplier on the bill and the price.

• As for the Gas we buy it from Europe who in turn are buying it from Russia. Russia holds all the major gas supplies. Just wait until the Siberian ice starts to melt and they start to collect all the methane. Next time you turn your gas hob on it might smell like a fart. LOL Our North Sea gas rigs are minimal and we have mostly exhausted all the supplies.

• Of course electricity and gas are generated by different companies and also distributed by different companies, but what we get piped into our homes is the same stuff that our neighbours get, regardless of who the supplier is. The only difference is the name of the supplier on the bill and the price.

Exactly what I have been saying but apparently I'm the only one who is wrong for saying it, even though its the fact of the matter. 🤣

• Exactly what I have been saying but apparently I'm the only one who is wrong for saying it, even though its the fact of the matter. 🤣

I have been in agreement with you all along Ron

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Of course electricity and gas are generated by different companies and also distributed by different companies, but what we get piped into our homes is the same stuff that our neighbours get, regardless of who the supplier is. The only difference is the name of the supplier on the bill and the price.

World of difference. I get to choose how my energy is generated and how much I want to pay for it. The company I choose allocates that much energy to me. It doesn't matter who's energy I take out, the company of my choice gets the money and produces the energy I pay for.

• It's cold today. I wonder how many people have the heating on. A good day to stay under the blankets in bed or collect some firewood, chop down a tree and have a bonfire and save on heating bills. This is where I can see the energy crisis leading to. People will end up turning back to means of making their own heating which means wood, coal, peat etc. We could even start to burn our own rubbish and save of dustbin men recycling etc costs etc, basically skipping the middle man and paying bills.

Yeah, apart from all that smoke we would fill the skies with if we all did this. You remember Smog

smog-56a48c5c5f9b58b7d0d78109.jpgw

Imagine it nowadays with twice as many people in the country.

• Yeah, apart from all that smoke we would fill the skies with if we all did this. You remember Smog

Argh....'The smell of Napalm in the morning'. 8) I actually really love the smell of coal fires it's almost as nice as the smell of Gunpowder in the air or burning Bitumen tar at the side of the road.

• Argh....'The smell of Napalm in the morning'. 8) I actually really love the smell of coal fires it's almost as nice as the smell of Gunpowder in the air or burning Bitumen tar at the side of the road.

Tell you one thing I hate, people who burn their garden waste on summer evenings when you have all your windows open.

• An interesting thought that goes against my very argument. If I specifically contracted to get my electricity from renewable sources how come the hikes in gas prices are effecting my bills?

• An interesting thought that goes against my very argument. If I specifically contracted to get my electricity from renewable sources how come the hikes in gas prices are effecting my bills?

…because green energy is a scam?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!