Tory MP Sir David Amess stabbed during constituency surgery

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Breaking:

Tory MP Sir David Amess, 69, STABBED multiple times during constituency surgery as armed cops swoop
    TORY MP Sir David Amess has today been stabbed multiple times at a constituency surgery in a church in Essex. Armed cops swooped on the church in Leigh-on-Sea…
    www.thesun.co.uk

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Update: Unfortunately Sir David has died. RIP.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Why are MPs not given any security at their surgeries?

We need a complete review of security in this country, and we need more police (who are decent and with principles) on our street.

Sir David was a truly decent MP who will be missed by many. What a waste.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I thought the GPs where only doing phone consultations.

Maybe the gov may reconsider their immigration process now along with giving people citizenship instead of talking the talk and not walking the walk with their games of smoke and mirrors. I hate to say but I would not be surprised if these kind of attacks are only going to increase. Just think how many Afghans now may also have a grudge over the leaving loads of them behind. It would be easy for one of them here that previously worked for the UK military as an interpreter or whatever to go rogue over here with a grudge over leaving family members behind or something. Their Muslim, Somalis are Muslim and they all share the same Mosks here.

We should be thankful it wasn't an innocent member of the public and they managed to get straight to the source of the problems that started a war. If they can't get to the MP's because they have to much security then these people will get to them through attacking innocent members of the public as we support the MP's and don't do enough to stop them doing things their shouldn't be doing because it's obvious they are endangering us as they are with the immigration scenario, so I guess in these terrorists mind we the public are guilty by proxy. This particular MP may not have had anything to do with the decision making to go to war but he's part of the establishment.

The problem now is that the MP's are going to cover their own backs and tighten their personal security at our expense 'literally' and not just financially, so the next attack could be a vehicle running over people or random knife attack or something again. I wonder if this MP was targetted or if it was just random.

The article says he was not known to Mi5 which is no surprise really. They have a big enough army over here to create networks of those without a record or any previous activity to not raise any suspicion. They are integrated into, or is that infiltrated, society here now. It could be anyone and they can't monitor everyone. It could the guy down the local car wash in the supermarket car park or the guy on minimum wage cleaning hospital toilets for an agency.

The really sad thing is that it's going to effect the genuine decent immigrants. A family has just moved in a few doors down from me. A wife, father and a screaming kid. I think the kid has autism as she get picked up by a special needs type school bus and think the dad works as a taxi or uber driver. he's said hello and I've said hello back when we have passed. They seem friendly enough. Even the wife said hello one morning, well I think she did but her face was half covered so it was a bit of a mumble or maybe she was nervously unsure. It can't be easy for them settling down over here as they are all mostly tarred the same because of the bad ones but how are we to know for sure. That's the point it could be anyone. Personally I just use my own judgment to vibe people out and access them. We can't rely on security services so we all have to be security services and as for the regular police dog poo is of more value than them.

• In my view, there should be a couple of security guys on the door for these GP surgeries. It’s crazy to expect MPs to meet with all sorts in their constituencies with no security.

By the way, the problem is not all down to immigrants - we have plenty of crazies of our own (eg the Jo Cox murderer).

• Yep home grown terrorists who also have a grudge to bare over the governments handling of things. If someone is locked up unjustifiably for a mr meaner like being a drug addict which should be treated as an illness, not locking folk up for possession. it's not that difficult for them to hold a grudge and can be converted while inside. Along with the drug problems and people being made homeless and /or losing their benefits and the rest of it. Easy targets for befriending and grooming. That's another tactic these terrorist groups are using and as society gets worse for people the more people will get groomed and converted all because their life is shit and have been hard done by. All they have to do is hang around outside the signing on place, offer them some work on the side to earn some cash in hand or swap work in exchange for some weed or whatever and over time befriend and groom them. Then there's the online gaming platforms where youngsters are groomed and fed promises of this that and the other. It's not rocket science is it and we not dealing with conventional army.

• Why are MPs not given any security at their surgeries?

Because the conversations between MPs and their constituents are meant to be confidential.

• That doesn’t prevent a couple of bouncers guarding the doors.

• MP security ideas destroy the concept of serving their constituents. MPs should be approachable and any face to face discussions confidential.

Unfortunately there are evil terrorists already resident here, not just Islamic, but , IRA sympathisers, loony Left rioters ETC. It would be impossible to protect MPs every minute of the day.

A knee jerk reaction to this murder is counter productive and could result in copy cat crimes against other MPs.

The media could help by ceasing to vilify politicians and stirring up hatred, be it against individuals or political parties.

• The excuses will be made for the arsewipe that did it, the stories of woe and how bad his life was and whatever, yeah like no one else has a hard life, not everyone that does feels the need to go around blaming every other fucker and murdering people, no excuse for what he did and Same goes for any other terrorist scumbag. So all the handwringing apologists can shut the fuck up, trying to justify what he did with excuses makes them no better than him.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• The best way for the MP's to protect themselves is to take a look closer to home and their own actions rather than blaming everyone else. We should never have picked a fight and entered wars in the Middle East. Play with fire and you get burnt. Then following that we should never have accepted Muslim immigrants unless they want to strictly abide by our culture and beliefs right down to the clothes they wear. Mosques should not be allowed to be built here and Islam completely eradicated from this country because instead of practising in the Middle East they have now basically swapped countries and the terrorists are here now and they are not only recruiting amongst themselves but they are grooming vulnerable westerners.

Not all Muslims are terrorists but if they don't sort the terrorists out themselves as they most likely know who they are as part of the congregation and their communities so they are just as bad as them for providing the resources for the terrorists to practise their traditional beliefs. It's not enough that they condemn the terrorist activities and voice that. They behave more like sympathizers for not sorting out their own mess. They didn't do it in the Middle East and they are not doing it here. They want the West to do their dirty work for them which is what has brought us trouble in the first place. It's no good being a peaceful religion if you not prepared to eradicate those that threaten it.

• Most Muslims in this country are decent people. You can’t tar everyone with the same brush.

There are some pretty nasty Christians in this world, too.

• The man who was responsible for the murder was yet another who was under surveillance by the police. Apparently, there are thousands of them, and we are blithely opening the door to more. Priti Patel seems to be the only one who is aware of the dangers of allowing 'migrants' (I refuse to call them asylum seekers or refugees) loose into the country.

When is our government going to face up to reality and recognise that Islam sees Westerners at the enemy and intend to destroy us. Whether or not you like Trump, he got it right when he said, 'Islam is the greatest threat to world peace.'

• When is our government going to face up to reality and recognise that Islam sees Westerners at the enemy and intend to destroy us.

I think you meant ‘Islamic extremists’, Suzie.

• It is also true that the Old Testament of the Bible has a similar message for those who worship other gods. Deuteronomy 17 instructs followers to ‘stone them until they die’, but that does not make all Christians violent.

And what about Psalm 137 … ‘Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks’?

Anyone who justifies violence by reference to religion has a screw loose in my opinion. Why so many people believe that stuff even today I really don’t understand.

• A lot of nutters hide behind religion to try to justify their actions.

Religion is fine if you are allowed to challenge the beliefs of its followers, but Islam's reaction to its beliefs being challenged is violence to try and oppress. Which is not helped by it being a protected religion and any one who dares to challenge it are instantly labelled as being islamaphobic and criminalised.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Priti Patel seems to be the only one who is aware of the dangers of allowing 'migrants'

Don't be fooled by her. She portrays that view to get people on side but her actions say otherwise. Did she do anything about that border patrol boat that picked up immigrants and brought them back to the UK a few days after her great speech about how we would no longer do that. She's another one that talks the talk but does not walk the walk. It's all more blundering lies and deception, same as Boris. Trump was an arsehole but he was right about many things including the trade with China.

As I understand it, Mohammed told his followers to destroy all non-believers.

I'm not sure about that. The problem is that there are so many different interpretations of the Quran and Muslim practices and beliefs but I'm pretty sure other Muslims will recognise the more extreme ones within their communities so we need them to work with us more and grass them up rather than protect them and simply mouth off after every incident saying that they condemn the actions to make themselves look good. It's like a sheep in wolves clothing or maybe they are just the outer skin on the onion. A layered security that protects the inner sanctum.

I don't think we can blame our security services either as they have way to many on their watch list to keep an eye on and that takes serious manpower just to keep one person under 24h surveillance. What's the odds they are underfunded and understaffed. Maybe it's time we put the army on the streets like we did in Northern Ireland but I don't think that will go down well with the general public. We used to have the army on the streets of London during higher risk times of the IRA around Chelsea barracks and places like that and other potential targets IIRC around the time they where bombing McDonald's. And like I said before dog shit is of more value than our police. Their not exactly tough like the RUC and they drive around in rainbow noddy cars instead of armoured Land Rovers.

The UK is now the new Kabul because we were stupid enough to start a war with them, blow their homes up and then rehome them here instead and we still continue to let more in. At the the end of the day when someone is being bullied that person is going to snap one day or patiently wait and attack when you least expect it, but all the politicians where interested in was money. They have dug their own grave and as usual it's us innocent members of the public who are going to suffer the consequences of their actions one way or another.

To top it off how screwed up out political system is there is a high chance that Dominic Cummins is a double agent working for the Russians. The Russians are also making large donations to the Conservative party. I shall post more on this later in another thread. Until we clean up the corruption in our political system nothing will change. While we're at it we need to clean up our media brainwashing too. We're seeing it again now with protection for MPs which will put the general public more at risk instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!