Those MP's are a disgrace to parliament

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • By all accounts that three were already well lubricated before they got on the plane. SNP and Labour are claiming that this is some kind of put up job to deflect criticism of the Torys over Patersongate.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• mike murphy Just a note on embeds, but if you want a news link to embed on this site, it must be placed on a line on its own. If you want me to edit your post to do this, let me know.

• Wow..turned up pissed for a remembrance day. I guess everyone will remember them being pissed. :P I think they are in the wrong and should show some respect, but the funny thing is it's not about showing respect for those that died, but more about showing respect for others around you here and now and very much alive and attending the remembrance day. It's about how we look upon them rather than how the dead feel about them. The dead are members of the armed forces and their drug of choice is alcohol. When they get leave they are out getting pissed and getting into punch up's until the MP's (police) or Mod Plod break them up. So if anything the dead will be having a laugh about it and saying good on you...cheers....bottoms up.

If we truly had any respect for these people at all we would never have sent them into a war to fight the Politicians battle in the first place. Even the fact they are made to feel like their are serving the Queen (or king) is joke when it's politicians that send them into battle. The fact that Politicians use remembrance day as a form of publicity for themselves either by laying wreaths or turning up pissed is disgusting. They should not be allowed to attend these memorial services the murdering bastards and it's something that should not be made a big deal about on TV. It should be something that is done quietly in private amongst the individual divisions or units themselves who have personally lost someone at war.

'Politicians do not fight wars they send others in to do their dirty work'. Maybe that should be the slogan written around the circumference of every wreath. Why don't we also lay wreaths for the Germans and others alongside ours at the cenotaph. Are we still at war. Where's the respect. Even the guys that visit the enemy that they fought against after the war have a mutual respect and admiration for each other. Remembrance day is not something that should involve Politicians.

• And today on the news it looks like Bojo has bought himself some more publicity over the state of his hair for remembrance day. It's a complete piss take how we have all those Politicians lined up around the cenotaph with their wreaths and all cameras on them. Send them all out onto the frontline somewhere like Iraq with a lack of personal protection and having to buy their own boots. Then get some numpty in the Ministry of Defence back home to give the order to send them all onto a suicide mission.

• Me neither. I have friends right across the political spectrum and even the Tories are now saying he's an embarrassment. Usually they are very loyal and defensive, but I think even they have had enough now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!