Amazon stopping Visa credit payments

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Amazon to stop accepting Visa credit cards in UK
    The online giant says high Visa fees mean it won't process credit card transactions from 19 January.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Coming just before Black Friday, this is a bit like Amazon letting off a nuclear bomb, but are they right to do this?

Amazon state that Visa charge too much to process payments made using their credit cards and they're hardly the first retailer to say this, however Amazon have long held plans to launch their own payment methods and so could this just be a sneaky way to get rid of a competitor?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Its not just Amazon, my bank has suggested that they will stop using visa too, switching to Mastercard instead. so something is afoot for sure.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I think they will all go the same way, to be honest. Both my debit and credit cards are now Mastercard.

• I'm with HSBC and they just give you what they give you. I don't think there is a choice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!