Will Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol get triggered?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I don’t pretend to know too much about data protection but clearly it’s important to protect data particularly in the ever evolving online world.

I wouldn’t trust Nadine Dorries to do a decent job of keeping up.

How someone of such little intellect becomes a minister of state is beyond me .

Then again look who elevated her to the position

• Removing cookie banners is a giant leap forward ?

That’s just one of the benefits of getting rid of GDPR.

Can you not see the sense of stopping unnecessary requirements such as these? It’s legislation for legislation’s sake and creates obstacles for those who have the task of complying with it.

I don’t pretend to know too much about data protection but clearly it’s important to protect data particularly in the ever evolving online world.

As I said earlier, we had perfectly good data protection legislation before this monster of a law came in.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• My script blocker (noscript) stops most cookies in their tracks including this site. It also stops capture etc. I don't even get warnings as those are also disabled.

Same here I block all annoyances including ad's, trackers, etags, banners, social media links etc. People like us are generally a lot safer for it but for the likes of the common and gullible members of the public they require to be informed. Most folk don't even understand what cookies are or their purpose. Just as most folk don't understand certificate authorities and cyphers so blindly rely on the little lock icon in their address bar and don't even consider mixed content page resources with weaker security.

The best thing about GDPR is the fact that we can request to any company what data they have held on us without having to pay a fee via the freedom of Information act which is only within the UK anyway. Plus companies are legally obliged to remove any data they have on you after so long or at your request. The cookie banners can be nefarious and be used to attach trackers so not always as helpful as they are made out to be but then that is also beyond the knowledge of most folk anyway so they do serve a genuine purpose of teaching people as they are forced to accept what data is held on them. It's down to them whether they read it or not just like terms and conditions. Just as all email newsletters should be an 'opt in' so should cookies.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!