The Squarial returns

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Return of the Squarial - RXTV info
    The squarial, made famous by satellite operator BSB in the early 1990s is making a comeback, with a new generation of square dishes set to return to rooftops.
    rxtvinfo.com

Very good news for those in rural locations as they will now be abe to access Elon Musk's new broadband service.

Anyone else seen the Starlink satellites? I was fascinated the first time I saw them and a bit like buses in my area, they seem to move in groups of two or three of them at the same time.

• Was that using Musk's service Zany?

Yes, there are so many areas without broadband at present, I’m surprised that it’s taken so long!

So I am, but things are changing and this helps to raise competition against BT and VM.

• It may be of interest but the squarial design is not specific to any type of transmission and a suitable version can be used instead of a sky dish.

Technically it's called a "Kooman Array antenna" and can be either vertical or horizontally polarised.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!