When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Yes :)

If you got it from the images on my profile, they are all my work. I used to have a folder album of work on here when I first joined. Some digital, some traditional media.

I was looking through them, that particular one stood out to me as absolutely stunning. The lighting is at another level.

• Yes :)

If you got it from the images on my profile, they are all my work. I used to have a folder album of work on here when I first joined. Some digital, some traditional media.

They're still there. :thumbup:

You didn't actually create a album of your pics (which we can easily remedy if you wish) but they're all still there in all their glory. :)

• Do you want another album created or the pics deleted? They deserve better than just floating.

Edit: thinking about it, if I create it, the album will be under my name, so probably better to do it yourself, if you wish. Just click on Gallery and then on create album at the top of the page. You should be able to move your pics to the album once its done, or that bit I can easily do.

• I think it's called iridescence or incandescence that kind of colourisation in the light on your bird feather image. It's the same effect with Peacock or Kingfisher feathers. Almost like the colours in Haematite if the light catches it at the right angle. I think it's the refraction of light bending that catches light from elsewhere if the surface material is susceptible to it with lots of shiny diffusion and no reflection, like oil or petrol in water.

• =O Too complicated for me. I just love the way things look. But on a serious note, isn't Nature incredible? So intelligent. So in tune with itself. So unaware of being fabulous. I pick up and collect a lot of feathers and whatnot, left behind. Tiny skulls, seeds, bits of interesting twig, etc. I once had a few dry strelitzia leaves in a pot in my studio. They were amazing.

• I think nature is incredible and so delicately precious. One of the things I loved about lockdown was seeing nature regrow including the wildlife. The clean air from the lack of aeroplanes was also very nice along with the reduction of polluted haze. I'd love another 6 month lockdown but then I am not the most sociable person at the best of times. I'd rather spend my time with dogs than people.

• Nature does what is necessary. If something is pleasing to the human eye that is entirely coincidental to the organisms needs. A spider's web is beautiful in its geometry, especially when drops of dew are hanging off the strands like a string of pearls. But the spider doesn't know that. all it cares about is catching a fly to eat.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• Nature does what is necessary. If something is pleasing to the human eye that is entirely coincidental to the organisms needs. A spider's web is beautiful in its geometry, especially when drops of dew are hanging off the strands like a string of pearls. But the spider doesn't know that. all it cares about is catching a fly to eat.

How much of what we see in nature is beautiful to us because of subliminal needs it represents. Is it unexpected that everyone finds water beautiful, or trees? Why we like living things?

They all represent survival and safety.

Same with a chocolate box cottage with a thick oak door, little windows and wisp of smoke from the chimney. :)

• For me Nature operates without malice. It just is. Its beauty and its ferociousness and benevolence are aesthetic and some say academic and others say personal, but for me, Nature is the matrix I exist in. It has no hatred of me and equally no love for me. It is a stunning spectacle, possibly in any dimension as I don't see it not being everywhere in some form. I have been bonded to it since childhood. I am not bonded to concrete, massive steel structures, industrial culture or human hordes.

Just the way I am. To each their own.

• For me Nature operates without malice. It just is. Its beauty and its ferociousness and benevolence are aesthetic and some say academic and others say personal, but for me, Nature is the matrix I exist in. It has no hatred of me and equally no love for me. It is a stunning spectacle, possibly in any dimension as I don't see it not being everywhere in some form. I have been bonded to it since childhood. I am not bonded to concrete, massive steel structures, industrial culture or human hordes.

Just the way I am. To each their own.

Yet concrete is just a bunch of rocks hanging out together ;)

• And to think there is a whole new world living inside of us and when the bacteria inside us living their life and building their homes, living their life, they may look up at the inside of their world and see what we call Space. To Quote Carl Sagan 'we are only a Blue dot'.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!