When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Should Boris go? 7

1. Yes (3) 43%
    2. No (2) 29%
    3. Not sure (1) 14%
    4. Don't care (1) 14%

Boris has taken the UK out of the EU, so credit to him on that, but his laid back attitude to the pandemic, at least in its early days, was terrible and it cost many lives including almost his own.

We recently had a budget that Gordon Brown would've been proud of, in fact Brown would've considered it far too lefty and we've had broken promise, after promise from this prime minister including this week on the levelling up agenda.

Boris can be a good leader when he wants, no doubt about that and he took us out of that mess that Mrs May created, but now that Boris has all the power, he doesn't know what to do with it. With Cummings long gone (who actually had genuine plans for reforms) isn't it about time we said goodbye to Boris and let him go and spread his seed some more, or whatever else he wants to do?

I say he needs to go and the sooner the better. What say you?

Who should replace him if you think he should go?

• I would say the new leader has to already be in the top tier of government either a minister or secretary already. We need someone who is immune to wokery and doesn’t have a busy body wife.

I have two suggestions

1) Liz Truss - she has been brilliant in getting trade deals done. She has moved on from that now but she is tough and sensible and a proper Tory. I like her.

2) Keme Badenach - Another brilliant female completely unfazed by being an anti woke, black female Tory. She talks huge amounts of sense and is the perfect antidote to Labour.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I've not heard of that second person, so can't comment there, but I'm not sure about Liz Truss. I would need to see more of her, to make a decision.

Dare I say, I always did like Amber Rudd (duck..), yes I know she is a remainer, but the way she peformed in the leader's debates on tv was very impressive.

For pure conservative, it would have to be someone like Steve Baker, but how much of a leader he could be is completely unknown. I really don't want any of these public schoolboys like Rees-Mogg et all, they just enjoy playing games and are not really serious about anything. Baker's knowledge on pretty much anything is immense.

So, someone like Baker but who can lead. Like it or loathe it and I loathe it, the position is as much about theatrics as anything else. Blair proved that. So, we need a performer but with a real genuine moral backbone to them.

• I've not heard of that second person, so can't comment there, but I'm not sure about Liz Truss. I would need to see more of her, to make a decision.

Dare I say, I always did like Amber Rudd (duck..), yes I know she is a remainer, but the way she peformed in the leader's debates on tv was very impressive.

For pure conservative, it would have to be someone like Steve Baker, but how much of a leader he could be is completely unknown. I really don't want any of these public schoolboys like Rees-Mogg et all, they just enjoy playing games and are not really serious about anything. Baker's knowledge on pretty much anything is immense.

So, someone like Baker but who can lead. Like it or loathe it and I loathe it, the position is as much about theatrics as anything else. Blair proved that. So, we need a performer but with a real genuine moral backbone to them.

I don’t think you can come off the backbench to be the leader. You new to have experience running a department least.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Here a bit of Keme

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• More Keme one of my favourites this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting.

She is too young and inexperienced at the moment, but for the future, yes. That's the first time I've heard a black politican say that the BLM movement doesn't represent them.

• Interesting.

She is too young and inexperienced at the moment, but for the future, yes. That's the first time I've heard a black politican say that the BLM movement doesn't represent them.

She is Equalities Minister currently and is driving woke Labour insane because they can’t really touch her yet she is dead against their BS. She conducts herself superbly and is dedicated and professional. Yes she needs more experience agreed, but right now she could run rings around Boris.

• We need a leader with the same attitude as the Hungarian...someone who puts the interests of the country first...a true patriot. Sadly, there just doesn't seem to be anyone at the moment. This is the problem, Boris has no opposition. Yes, he should step down but who will replace him? They are all so weak. The only one with any backbone is Priti Patel, but she's another one who is all talk and no action.

• Completely agree Suzie. The problem is so much bigger than Boris and he will just get replaced with another self obsessed politician that only looks out for themself and their own parties interests.

We need complete political reform of the system. We also need someone to oversee their actions and keep them all in line which is supposedly the job of the Queen and why she has to sign off everything they do. Similar to the US Congress. She still owns all the land including any land your purchased property may sit on. This is how they manage to forcefully evict anyone if they want to build a railway or something.

The problem is the Queens power is more a figurehead than actual real power because of the the way the civil war worked out and the agreements made. She's a sleeping partner and just signs things off no questions asked or refusals. Every Wednesday she has a meeting with the PM to discuss matters though I suspect it's a more of a cup of tea and chin-wag. The Lords where put in place to supposedly oversee them but they are just like an old boys club, mates of mates with privileges. If the Royals had any real backbone they could use the knights of the realm and her own personal regiments but it's mostly all turned into ceremonial bollox and nostalgia along with being a tourist attraction.

• Boris has taken the UK out of the EU, so credit to him on that, but his laid back attitude to the pandemic, at least in its early days, was terrible and it cost many lives including almost his own.

We recently had a budget that Gordon Brown would've been proud of, in fact Brown would've considered it far too lefty and we've had broken promise, after promise from this prime minister including this week on the levelling up agenda.

Boris can be a good leader when he wants, no doubt about that and he took us out of that mess that Mrs May created, but now that Boris has all the power, he doesn't know what to do with it. With Cummings long gone, who actually had genuine plans for reforms, isn't it about time we said goodbye to Boris and let him go and spread his seed some more, or whatever else he wants to do?

I say he needs to go and the sooner the better. What say you?

Who should replace him if you think he should go?

I don’t think he should go, at least for the time being. He remains electorally popular despite everything, and while that remains the same, he should be relatively safe.

I know that his buffoonery is annoying and I wish he’d tone it down, because this can be embarrassing at times and such behaviour is not becoming of a leader of a prosperous country like ours.

He will be judged on his record, his policies and his handling of the economy.

I would not be so quick to judge him on the Covid issue. The scientists themselves were giving mixed messages at the beginning, and there was a belief amongst them, as expressed by Prof Whitty in those early days, that the virus should be allowed to pass through the population to build up immunity. A lockdown did not seem an attractive proposition because the scientists knew that without a vaccine, it was not possible to stop the virus. It was pretty obvious that the virus would strike again when the lockdown was lifted.

A review of the government’s handling of the pandemic is due to start next year, by which time the death rate on the continent will almost certainly surpass ours as the next wave strikes over the winter.

Yes, he has got us through Brexit, which people won’t forget, but the real test is to ensure that he follows through by taking advantage of the opportunities that arise from taking this step.

The spending commitments he has made will worry some, but remember that this is spending to invest and modernise, providing us with better opportunities to open up the north, which will lead to a boost to the economy as well as tackling poverty in that area.

Boris needs more time to prove himself given that Covid threw the government’s agenda up in the air. A lot needs to happen over the next couple of years for the benefits to be seen by the population, so he should stay for now and we’ll see what he’s made of.

• I agree with Norra about the House of Lords. It's the last bastion of Cronyism. It used to be called the House of Tony's Cronys.

It needs to be disbanded ASAP.

I have little faith in Boris, who is too much of a wimp and too Woke. There are others in the Conservative party who would provide better and stronger leadership.

The Voice of Reason

• I agree with Norra about the House of Lords. It's the last bastion of Cronyism. It used to be called the House of Tony's Cronys.

It needs to be disbanded ASAP.

I have little faith in Boris, who is too much of a wimp and too Woke. There are others in the Conservative party who would provide better and stronger leadership.

Reformed rather than disbanded altogether, Mike. We do need a safety net.

• Boris failure to deal with illegal immigrants crossing the channel is his worst. 24.000 illegal arrivals ----- only 5 returned ----- disgusting incompetence. :(

The Voice of Reason

• Boris failure to deal with illegal immigrants crossing the channel is his worst. 24.000 illegal arrivals ----- only 5 returned ----- disgusting incompetence. :(

Add not dealing with BLM and the statue wreckers as well. Arresting those defending our cultural landmarks whilst tiptoeing around the criminals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!