Should babies be allowed at Westminster?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I don't know if you have heard Stella Creasy speak today OB, but what she has said is that she already has one kid in the creche, but you can't breast feed a tiny baby if she is in one place and the baby is in another.

Babies must be with their mothers, I don't think many would disagree with that, it's just how to accomate that and being a MP too.

I agree. I breast fed my baby and I cant see why people, mostly men in my experience, have such major issues with a mother doing what comes naturally to all mammals, which after all is what we are. I wasn't to bothered about anybody looking a me either. It's a breast, for goodness sake. Have you never seen one before? Horizon is right, babies must be their mothers and being a mother and an MP is easily accommodated if men stop being so prissy about the sight of a tit.

• I agree. I breast fed my baby and I cant see why people, mostly men in my experience, have such major issues with a mother doing what comes naturally to all mammals, which after all is what we are. I wasn't to bothered about anybody looking a me either. It's a breast, for goodness sake. Have you never seen one before? Horizon is right, babies must be their mothers and being a mother and an MP is easily accommodated if men stop being so prissy about the sight of a tit.

It’s also nature’s way that men are the hunter gatherers whilst the woman have babies and look after children. You cannot hunter gather and look after children simultaneously.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It's a breast, for goodness sake. Have you never seen one before? Horizon is right, babies must be their mothers and being a mother and an MP is easily accommodated if men stop being so prissy about the sight of a tit.

Yes Babies should be with their mothers BUT not at their place of work. It is distracting for the mother and screaming babies do not make for a relaxed work environment. Most people don't care if a woman whips out a tit discretely to feed a baby. But take exception to the mother changing a minging shitty nappy in full view of everybody As witnessed on a train to Manchester recently. Disgusting...

• Here’s the detailed analysis of Stella Creasy and antics

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The argument is that MP's don't get Maternity leave but Parliament does provide chile care facilities which is more than most places of work. As had been said it's about making a statement. They should not be there as babies are a distraction to the job at hand. Plain and simple. Take unpaid leave if needs be. They get paid enough. They could even afford childcare of their own and express some milk if needs be so there is no excuse.

• Yes Babies should be with their mothers BUT not at their place of work. It is distracting for the mother and screaming babies do not make for a relaxed work environment. Most people don't care if a woman whips out a tit discretely to feed a baby. But take exception to the mother changing a minging shitty nappy in full view of everybody As witnessed on a train to Manchester recently. Disgusting...

I had to laugh at the thought of parliament being a relaxed work environment with all the yah boo stuff going on. Its more likely to be distressing for the baby having to sit though that cacophony. I don't think anybody would be able to change a nappy on those benches anyway. thats a different matter altogether. when baby is hungry he will let you know and besides that, work isn't supposed to be a place where you go to relax unles syour jacob rees mogg and can fall asleep on the benches. ^^

• It’s also nature’s way that men are the hunter gatherers whilst the woman have babies and look after children. You cannot hunter gather and look after children simultaneously.

we dont live in caves any more. Men dont have to go hunting with pointy sticks and bring home a dead dinosaur for food. Society has moved on.

it makes me laugh. when my friend got divorced her ex husband was full of "oh, they are my children too. I have rights too." but when it comes to work men dont want their kids anywhere near the place. whenever i have said anything about this anywhere it is always the men who object the most. other women understand and empathise but men want none of it. they are only your children when you want them otherwise they have to be kept at home with little wifey out of the way. We have had to adapt and men have to accept that.

• And when Labour all of a sudden start talking about extending the rights of working mothers, will we all look back on this and say, so that's what it was all about.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I agree. I breast fed my baby and I cant see why people, mostly men in my experience, have such major issues with a mother doing what comes naturally to all mammals, which after all is what we are. I wasn't to bothered about anybody looking a me either. It's a breast, for goodness sake. Have you never seen one before? Horizon is right, babies must be their mothers and being a mother and an MP is easily accommodated if men stop being so prissy about the sight of a tit.

The objection here is more that babies make a lot of noise and you really don't need such distractions in a debating chamber.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!