Does modern advertising work.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Modern advertising has to include gay men, lesbians, Asian people, black people, and disabled people. Somehow they do not have to include Oriental people yet, but watch this space

I've noticed that as well. White hetrosexual females and males are being marginalised to the extent that the advertisers don't use them because the WOKE Cancel Movement will boycott their products. ---- It's Blackmail

• I've noticed that as well. White hetrosexual females and males are being marginalised to the extent that the advertisers don't use them because the WOKE Cancel Movement will boycott their products. ---- It's Blackmail

What crap. Loads of adverts have white heterosexual males and females. I suggest you Go Compare ^^

Isn't it strange that the endless cologne adverts feature beautiful females and masculine men. They don't seem to be getting cancelled while appealing to their given audience.

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• Advertising on TV has now really started to intrude into program space what with all the sponsored by introductions at the beginning, end and during of the programs and product placement in some too. How soon will it be before we just have wall to wall advert channels, but I guess we have that already with the shopping channels that are out there.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• TBHO Any advert that is "Save <insert any threatened species> and give X£ a month etc and get an "exciting" pack and a cuddly toy just completely fails.

I care, just not that much. :rolleyes:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• TBHO Any advert that is "Save <insert any threatened species> and give X£ a month etc and get an "exciting" pack and a cuddly toy just completely fails.

Yes the guilt tripping they do for some charities becomes really beyond a joke at times.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• What crap. Loads of adverts have white heterosexual males and females. I suggest you Go Compare ^^

I would agree that there are still plenty of white heterosexual people, but the minorities as mention are totally disproportional

• I don’t know why you guys watch commercials at all. I avoid them like the plague.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Equally do "celebrity" endorsements of products work, does anyone really fall for the idea that some attention seeking celeb uses a product or they are just paid thousands to add there name or image to a product?

Well it don't work with me I get that its just a money-spinner for them as well as getting them more attention.

• Advertising on TV has now really started to intrude into program space what with all the sponsored by introductions at the beginning, end and during of the programs and product placement in some too. How soon will it be before we just have wall to wall advert channels, but I guess we have that already with the shopping channels that are out there.

I think its unlikely, what you are seeing is the natural result of the fast forward button. Where people skip one type of advert they are finding something different.

I care to, but I'm fed up with the ones jumping on the band wagon. There's one that really pushes my buttons. Stop global warming by sponsoring an Orangutan.

Reason: Orangutans live in trees, trees capture carbon.

Oh please, come on.

Sigh.

• I would agree that there are still plenty of white heterosexual people, but the minorities as mention are totally disproportional

As I said earlier its more about who the marketers are targeting than what is PC. Those adverts cost too much to make to worry to much about being "correct"

• I don’t know why you guys watch commercials at all. I avoid them like the plague.

You raise a good point, despite almost everyone saying they don't watch adverts we are surprisingly aware of them. :/

• With an overwhelming negative experience

Insiders will tell you that for almost any advert. 12% like it 12% hate it 76% don't remember it. ;)

• I think its unlikely, what you are seeing is the natural result of the fast forward button. Where people skip one type of advert they are finding something different.

As TV has become dumbed down for morons so has advertising, and that is due to society becoming gradually moronic due to the infestation of social media, instead of thought provoking drama and documentaries we get mind dumbing realty shows about twatish attention seekers with nothing better to do, nobodys wanting to become somebody's. Problem is they have nothing to offer apart from being attention seeking morons.

• As TV has become dumbed down for morons so has advertising, and that is due to society becoming gradually moronic due to the infestation of social media, instead of thought provoking drama and documentaries we get mind dumbing realty shows about twatish attention seekers with nothing better to do, nobodys wanting to become somebody's. Problem is they have nothing to offer apart from being attention seeking morons.

And dreadful fly on the was docusoaps following bin men or motorway maintenance. I often marvel that out of the huge choice we now have over hundreds of channels and networks, we still struggle to find anything worth watching.

• And dreadful fly on the was docusoaps following bin men or motorway maintenance. I often marvel that out of the huge choice we now have over hundreds of channels and networks, we still struggle to find anything worth watching.

The Bruce Springsteen song "57 channels and nothing on" sums up modern TV perfectly. 🤣

• I've just had a look at the Freeview schedule for tonight . Out of all those channels there is absolutely nothing worth me giving up my time to watch. :(

I will no doubt be watching on-line channels tonight again. The choice is more varied and interesting. :)

• Pimping Orangutans Iv'e hard it all now. 'right turn Clyde'. Iv'e noticed the BBC iPlayer has started advertisements but they offer skip button.

Really? I haven't noticed that yet. Is it a sign that the licence fee is going?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!