Tories illegal Christmas party.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • So, real evidence that there was a Tory Christmas party. And Boris is so up himself he still thinks he can blag his way through this.

I voted for this Baffoon, sucked in by the glorious promises.

He must resign and I want an election.

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• I wasn't sucked in.

Many of his own MPs warned about him before he became PM, but what other choice did we have if we wanted Brexit to happen?

Although I would never paint everyone with the same brush, many of these ex-public schoolboys lack a moral backbone and its one of the reasons why this country is in such a mess as they're mainly the ones running things.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I wasn't sucked in.

Many of his own MPs warned about him before he became PM, but what other choice did we have if we wanted Brexit to happen?

Although I would never paint everyone with the same brush, many of these ex-public schoolboys lack a moral backbone and its one of the reasons why this country is in such a mess as they're mainly the ones running things.

I didn't even want Brexit. I genuinely thought Boris had some soft deal that sorted NI and kept the trade deals going.

• Oh well, you were sucked in then! ^^ But to be fair to him, it was made clear at the time we would be leaving the customs union etc, so it was always going to be a hard Brexit with him at the helm.

• Downing Street party: No 10 staff joked about party amid lockdown restrictions
    The video leaked to ITV comes after days of questions about the event that took place last year.
    www.bbc.co.uk

These people are utter c**ts. People were denied access to sick family members last Christmas, yet this bunch were partying without a worry in the world.

Normally I hate all those lefty liberal human rights people, but I hope some of them step in here and try and bring a case against the government. What that case would be, I don't know, but we cannot have paralell law in this country where laws apply to some and not others. And the Others work to some different system entirely.

• Zany

Changed the title of the thread from “Christmas party.” to “Tories illegal Christmas party.”.
  • But to be fair to him, it was made clear at the time we would be leaving the customs union

Oh yes, I heard the words. But the fact that Boris quickly got approval from the EU implied things were sorted.

Personally I thought we would see continued parity in standards (after all they were already our standards) and that would be the basis of the semi open border. To be honest I think the EU thought the same.

Now your gonna have to move these posts out of this thread as well ;)

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59572149

These people are utter c**ts. People were denied access to sick family members last Christmas, yet this bunch were partying without a worry in the world.

Normally I hate all those lefty liberal human rights people, but I hope some of them step in here and try and bring a case against the government. What that case would be, I don't know, but we cannot have paralell law in this country where laws apply to some and not others. And the Others work to some different system entirely.

This is not a good look, for sure.

I don't think the video proves anything by itself - it is clearly a spoof and they were mucking about (in bad taste).

But by the PM saying no rules were broken, he may well be right if, as the article claims, the Covid rules really did not apply to no 10.

• But by the PM saying no rules were broken, he may well be right if, as the article claims, the Covid rules really did not apply to no 10.

I have no faith left.

• FFS. what a load of spin. The alleged party was a year ago. The Marxists are scraping the bottom of the barrel in their attempt to gain political support. Aided of course by the Lefty BBC.

Instead of digging up history, people should be concentrating on the here and now and the future.

• FFS. what a load of spin. The alleged party was a year ago. The Marxists are scraping the bottom of the barrel in their attempt to gain political support. Aided of course by the Lefty BBC.

Instead of digging up history, people should be concentrating on the here and now and the future.

Exactly nothing better to do some people, you can bet there were a few secret parties held by quite a few politicians of all parties, they just haven't been found out about yet, and you can guarantee a few members of the public also didn't follow the covid guidelines to the letter either. ;)

• This is not a good look, for sure.

I don't think the video proves anything by itself - it is clearly a spoof and they were mucking about (in bad taste).

But by the PM saying no rules were broken, he may well be right if, as the article claims, the Covid rules really did not apply to no 10.

No 10 is part of this country and has to obey the same rules as everyone else and I'm afraid I don't agree that the video doesn't prove anything. They were doing a dummy press conference and it's clear that there was a party and they were laughing when they came to the question of what Boris would think of the party, they didn't have a answer to that.

It's because thousands of people are not Here and Now and the fact that the government prevented dying people being with relatives, which is why this is such a big issue.

Can you not see that?

LOOK!!! Over there, an Aardvark. Nothing to see here.

Ain't gonna work Mike

• The Christmas party is not so bad. We all know they are bunch of manipulative bullshitters as are the majority of MP's and just make stuff up as they go along and most of the time it's off the back of the media once they have planted the seed. What I find worse is the mockery about it. I just seen a clip of Reece Mogg and when he was questioned about it he joked that they all kept social distance at this party and quote "we all stayed at least 2 inches apart from each other".

What will happen now is that some junior minister will be made to take the fall and be forced to resign over it or something to take the heat off Boris and we and the press will move onto the next big thing in question at the time. Maybe new rules brought in after Christmas or something once they have pushed out messages of increases in cases and another push for boosters. By which time fear will be back in place and people will have forgotten, well....or not forgotten but no longer care about all this and will be more concerned about the here and now at the time. The majority of humans are very narrow minded.

If the people in this country had any real backbone we would be out on the streets rioting over this instead of looking to the media for direction or the usual English way of moaning about it like we do the weather. At the very least there should very large gatherings the size of the poll tax demonstrations outside the houses of Parliament voicing for Boris to resign. People seem to have forgotten about all the previous charges against them over the dodgy deals, care homes and the rest of it along with an inquiry which is a joke in itself and there should be criminal charges brought against them for theft and a manslaughter. In comparison to that a party is nothing.

• The Christmas party is not so bad. We all know they are bunch of manipulative bullshitters as are the majority of MP's and just make stuff up as they go along and most of the time it's off the back of the media once they have planted the seed. What I find worse is the mockery about it. I just seen a clip of Reece Mogg and when he was questioned about it he joked that they all kept social distance at this party and quote "we all stayed at least 2 inches apart from each other".

And he was going on about using imperial measurements too. What a f**king idiot. If I find that clip, I will post it here, but here's not funny. Not funny at all.

But where I disagree with you here Norra is that you say the majority of MPs are like this. They're not. The majority of them are decent, hard working people, it's just that the scum, lierally, rises to the top.

What will happen now is that some junior minister will be made to take the fall and be forced to resign over it or something to take the heat off Boris and we and the press will move onto the next big thing in question at the time. Maybe new rules brought in after Christmas or something once they have pushed out messages of increases in cases and another push for boosters. By which time fear will be back in place and people will have forgotten, well....or not forgotten but no longer care about all this and will be more concerned about the here and now at the time. The majority of humans are very narrow minded.

And this is why these things like this party, Mogg's antics are so dangerous, is because some people will now ignore whatever rules the government may brrin in, risking us all.

If the people in this country had any real backbone we would be out on the streets rioting over this instead of looking to the media for direction or the usual English way of moaning about it like we do the weather. At the very least there should very large gatherings the size of the poll tax demonstrations outside the houses of Parliament voicing for Boris to resign. People seem to have forgotten about all the previous charges against them over the dodgy deals, care homes and the rest of it along with an inquiry which is a joke in itself and there should be criminal charges brought against them for theft and a manslaughter. In comparison to that a party is nothing.

I think as a people we are very passive, at least these days despite all the terrible stories about the horrible youth of today, they are very tame compared to their counterparts in say the 70s. But I do think if this kind of crap continues Norra, along with all the PC crap, wokery shit etc and the serious examples you mention, then yes, people will start to riot in the end.

• And he was going on about using imperial measurements too. What a f**king idiot. If I find that clip, I will post it here, but here's not funny. Not funny at all.

It was shown on channel 5's Jeremy Vine this morning. I shall do a search around and see if I can find it.

• I found it. I misunderstood he was actually referring to the crowd there not the Christmas party. It just goes to show how things can so easily be misinterpreted when selective (almost like editing) clips are quickly shown by the media in context to what they are talking about at the time. Media manipulation at it's best.

Jacob Rees-Mogg caught on video joking about No 10 Christmas party fiasco
    The cabinet minister joked about potential police investigations to crowd at think thank
    www.independent.co.uk

• What will happen now is that some junior minister will be made to take the fall and be forced to resign over it or something to take the heat off Boris and we and the press will move onto the next big thing in question at the time. Maybe new rules brought in after Christmas or something once they have pushed out messages of increases in cases and another push for boosters. By which time fear will be back in place and people will have forgotten, well....or not forgotten but no longer care about all this and will be more concerned about the here and now at the time. The majority of humans are very narrow minded.

Taking us neatly back to the importance of that Democracy you were so glad to see Boris usurp to get Brexit through.

We get to add up all the lies and mistakes and vote whether we like what we see or want change.

Saying, the first vote went my way so I don't want anymore is just as big an aberration of democracy as any other vote stealing policy.

• Seems this was a staff party at #10 some of whome are likely to be Labour voters so not a Tory party per-se.

Still no excuse and the goings on are to be investigated by the civil service chief Sir Simon Case.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Seems this was a staff party at #10 some of whome are likely to be Labour voters so not a Tory party per-se.

Still no excuse and the goings on are to be investigated by the civil service chief Sir Simon Case.

Those that attended the party should be sanctioned. Boris for lying about it should resign. I do not believe anything he says now. Nobody in his position would talk to the media about this without finding out what happened first. He lied and hoped there would be no evidence. That makes him stupid as well as crooked.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!