Tories illegal Christmas party.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I completely understand the grief of people who could not say goodbye to loved ones. However, that was the measure advocated by the scientists who wanted a total lockdown.

That is completely separate from the issue of whether there were any parties going on at Downing Street, which currently stands as a disputed allegation.

Let’s wait for the inquiry’s findings, shall we, before passing judgement?

andif the result of the inquiry finds boris johnson did all the things hes accused of will you accetp it? No i dont think you will. you will say it is woke and the enquiry was just out to get him. you will never accept anything he does as being wrong it willl always be said that it is in the past and should be conveniently forgotten. but of course it is only tory rulebreaking that should be forgotten, everybody else who isnt your party must be punished.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• One could argue that the scientists where working for the government not that the gov really followed their advice....

We could name this image 'following the science'

1641314964388.png

At the end of the day the orders come from the government so they should be accountable for their actions. Sometimes I think your getting a backdoor deal from Boris. Are you on the books. LOL I just noticed that the phone on the table in front of Cummins is switched on. I wonder if he is recording this conversation. Is that a microphone icon and there's a little light on in the top left corner.

• it looks like the apple logo to me. there is a simple saying. advisers advise, ministers decide. dont blame the scientists. they did their job and gave advice. the buck stops with boris johnson. he wanted the job and he got it. now he has to take the responsibility for what he did the the power the people gave him. britain trusted boris johnson and he has misused it to line his mates pockets and drive the country into a horrible mess while he has a right old time.

• andif the result of the inquiry finds boris johnson did all the things hes accused of will you accetp it? No i dont think you will. you will say it is woke and the enquiry was just out to get him. you will never accept anything he does as being wrong it willl always be said that it is in the past and should be conveniently forgotten. but of course it is only tory rulebreaking that should be forgotten, everybody else who isnt your party must be punished.

All I am saying is that we should look at the facts first. All we know currently are the allegations.

In a country that prides itself on having a judicial system of innocent until proven guilty, it is a surprisingly controversial view to suggest that we wait to see all the evidence before rushing to judgement.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• it looks like the apple logo to me. there is a simple saying. advisers advise, ministers decide. dont blame the scientists. they did their job and gave advice. the buck stops with boris johnson. he wanted the job and he got it. now he has to take the responsibility for what he did the the power the people gave him. britain trusted boris johnson and he has misused it to line his mates pockets and drive the country into a horrible mess while he has a right old time.

H'mm. Can you imagine the uproar had Boris not followed the advice?

• The allegations against prince andrew are also in the past. should they be forgotten too? Do you think that in future politicians who break the rules that they put on the people and dont follow themselves should be prosecuted in advance? Yes thats it. whenever boris johnson makes a rule he should be punished before he has done anything wrong because we cant go prosecuting things that hes done can we/

I notice on this forum that it is ontly the wrongdoing of tories that should be overlooked. If starmer had done this you lot would be all over it and demanding his head.

Whose to say Labour and the other parties didn't do it they are just better at keeping it quiet, and also not in power so probably don't come under so much scrutiny, am I really that bothered what any politician does or doesn't do, well to be honest no, I have my own life to worry about also don't give a fuck about what prince Andrew has done or not done either.

• Whose to say Labour and the other parties didn't do it they are just better at keeping it quiet

They don't have a vengeful Cummings with a bag full of e-mails to spill.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• All I am saying is that we should look at the facts first. All we know currently are the allegations.

In a country that prides itself on having a judicial system of innocent until proven guilty, it is a surprisingly controversial view to suggest that we wait to see all the evidence before rushing to judgement.

But we have the evidence and besides Boris has "apologised" for the party.

• Interesting photo Norra, clearly taken in 2020. It looks like Whitty is laying into Boris, this was when Boris was in his "the virus is just a cold phase"....

Also interesting that apart from Boris and Whitty, all the others featured in that picture, lost their jobs.

• Boris has mishandled the issues of partying. He is now a bit toxic. The Conservative party is being damaged by Boris and could be beaten at the next General Election. ( Horrors of Horrors, Labour could sneak in and totally destroy Britain ) . Boris isnt a real Conservative he is a weak willed Liberal. This country needs strong Conservative leadership which Boris is incapable of providing. He should go now and let someone better from the Conservative party take the job of PM.

• But we have the evidence and besides Boris has "apologised" for the party.

We don’t have the background evidence, nor do we have good enough evidence that it was a party. That is just the allegation.

Boris has not denied he addressed the staff for 25 minutes in his garden.

• Boris has mishandled the issues of partying. He is now a bit toxic. The Conservative party is being damaged by Boris and could be beaten at the next General Election. ( Horrors of Horrors, Labour could sneak in and totally destroy Britain ) . Boris isnt a real Conservative he is a weak willed Liberal. This country needs strong Conservative leadership which Boris is incapable of providing. He should go now and let someone better from the Conservative party take the job of PM.

All this party leader/pm falling in and out of favour and changes of pm not decided by the voters at a general election nonsense goes on too often, and is just a distraction from what they are supposed to be doing if a pm has to go then the deputy pm should take over rather than waste time by letting them have a vote.

• lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All this party leader/pm falling in and out of favour and changes of pm not decided by the voters at a general election nonsense goes on too often, and is just a distraction from what they are supposed to be doing if a pm has to go then the deputy pm should take over rather than waste time by letting them have a vote.

The Tories are the masters of distraction.

If he has broken the ministerial code of conduct he should resign or be removed. anybody else who broke it would be taken out. there is no one law for him and a different law for everybody else. I suppose the ministerial code means nothing to you unless it is broken by somebody who is not a tory but as soon as your precious boris does it then it is just a distraction. No. It is not a distraction it is a very serious matter.

• This is brilliant and sums up the leadership of the country at this time. it first came out last year but its gettting a second life now because of the party scandals. It is performed by mitch benn who writes a regular column in the new european and it is now circulating widely around facebook and other social media sites, especially among student groups. It's going viral. Getting a LOT of hits. and it is entirely, absolutely 100% accurate.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thomas-work-event.jpg

• The Tories are the masters of distraction.

If he has broken the ministerial code of conduct he should resign or be removed. anybody else who broke it would be taken out. there is no one law for him and a different law for everybody else. I suppose the ministerial code means nothing to you unless it is broken by somebody who is not a tory but as soon as your precious boris does it then it is just a distraction. No. It is not a distraction it is a very serious matter.

I don't vote tory. and to me Boris is just another politician and if he goes will be just replaced with another politician, who people will get sick of in another six months or so, rinse and repeat ad infinitum. :rolleyes:

• rinse and repeat ad infinitum

This is the bigger issue and should be pressed by the media especially with all this Sue Gray rubbish. It's 'so called' democracy that is at threat here, it's a corrupt political system. She could act as judge oversight it but really there should 12 members of the public to act as jury. They work for the public so it should be the public that does the hiring and firing and elections don't count.

• Maybe what we need is a TV talent type show to decide who gets to PM, anyone can apply and they hold auditions where the contestants have to do a sing one week, a dance routine the next and some stand up comedy the next and members of the public have to phone into vote and the one who gets the most votes gets to be PM, they could do away with all the politicians and MPs let the country actually be run by civil servants with the PM just being a kind of figure head who has to do a weekly TV show to inform the public what's going on and also throw in a bit of entertainment. :D

• Labour leader Keir Starmer pictured drinking beer during lockdown
    SIR Keir Starmer was called a hypocrite over pictures of him drinking with colleagues during strict Covid rules. The Labour leader was seen through the window…
    www.thesun.co.uk

More hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!