Tories illegal Christmas party.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I shall just drop this here but it's well worth watching

"Who exactly does the met police work for ma'am? Our citizens, or Boris Johnson?"

(Location: New Scotland Yard. Sound on)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Boris Johnson and staff pictured with wine in Downing Street garden in May 2020
    Exclusive: photograph raises fresh questions for No 10 after denial of a social event at time of Covid restrictions
    www.theguardian.com

Ok folks, what do we think of this? It's been on the news tonight.

There is no denying all these people are work colleagues and they are outside which is better than being inside, but it's hard for No 10 to state that it's a work meeting, when clearly all the people are in seperate groups, so not having a meeting with each other at all and there is of course cheese and wine. A common theme....

Looks like a social gathering to me.

• https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/…den-in-may-2020

Ok folks, what do we think of this? It's been on the news tonight.

There is no denying all these people are work colleagues and they are outside which is better than being inside, but it's hard for No 10 to state that it's a work meeting, when clearly all the people are in seperate groups, so not having a meeting with each other at all and there is of course cheese and wine. A common theme....

Looks like a social gathering to me.

Anyone know what cheese they were eating? :/

• So business meetings are never held over food and drinks then is what you are saying. ;)

At the time face to face business meetings were banned, we had all ours over zoom. Certainly we would not be allowed to sit as close as the pictures show. In any case you ignore all the other photos which are clearly parties. I'm sure more will follow.

Just how long can the government keep pretending even to believers like yourself.

• Its not that I believe, I just couldn't give monkeys, got far more important things going on in my own life to worry about what a bunch of politicians are doing or not doing, I suspect they are/were all at regardless of political party, its just that the other parties are not in power so its not as newsworthy, I'm not one for pandering to the media.

• Its not that I believe, I just couldn't give monkeys, got far more important things going on in my own life to worry about what a bunch of politicians are doing or not doing, I suspect they are/were all at regardless of political party, its just that the other parties are not in power so its not as newsworthy, I'm not one for pandering to the media.

I suspect you would vote Tory regardless of anything they did. For me how I vote is based on many factors.

• You suspect wrong, I tend to vote for a person rather than a party, usually the ones who can be bothered to get off their arses and canvass opinion, but as I live it what is considered a tory safe seat and they could very much put a baboon up as a candidate, so no one bothers knocking on doors even before covid, I would love to vote monster raving loony party if they had a candidate here, would love them to win seat in parliament just for a laugh.

Edited once, last by Ron Manager (December 21, 2021 at 12:58 PM).

• I haven't voted in years as the system is fucked so there's no point. New labour was the last vote I ever made. There really is no point as a politician and party can make as many promises as they want and tell you they will do this that and the other and then do completely the opposite. Politician is just a fancy word for bullshit. The best thing we can do is keep buying goods from China and boost their economics and military growth so that one day they can put our politicians in their their place. By which stage we will have adopted most of the Chinese tech way of living so it won't make much difference anyway accept for entertainment purposes seeing justice served to our politicians as they get a taste of their own medicine.

• You suspect wrong, I tend to vote for a person rather than a party, usually the ones who can be bothered to get off their arses and canvass opinion, but as I live it what is considered a tory safe seat and they could very much put a baboon up as a candidate, so no one bothers knocking on doors even before covid, I would love to vote monster raving loony party if they had a candidate here, would love them to win seat in parliament just for a laugh.

Same here.

But that's more perplexing. If you're not a true blue Tory why doesn't their behaviour bother you? If a friend lied to you several times would you continue to trust him with your affairs?

• Would anyone actually like to give an opinion about those Guardian pics I posted here on Sunday? Anyone? No, okay, I thought it was quite a major story worthy of discussion, I obviously thought wrong. 8) :P

• Would anyone actually like to give an opinion about those Guardian pics I posted here on Sunday? Anyone? No, okay, I thought it was quite a major story worthy of discussion, I obviously thought wrong. 8) :P

I thought we were. IMO they are just more of the same we have already seen.

My opinion... Disgusting.

• The big difference, at least what I thought Zany, is that it features Boris himself.

All these problems about parties come from the top and we've seen it we've our own eyes, so rather a major story I thought.

• The big difference, at least what I thought Zany, is that it features Boris himself.

All these problems about parties come from the top and we've seen it we've our own eyes, so rather a major story I thought.

You make a good point. I guess I had assumed Boris was as involved before these pics emerged.

• The prime minister of this country is pictured with his future wife at a "business" "meeting" (except there are several groups and they are clearly not all having a meeting with each other) and having cheese and wine, on the very day that Hancock said such meetings were illegal.

If that wern't a call to arms to Steve Baker and co, I don't know what is.

• Same here.

But that's more perplexing. If you're not a true blue Tory why doesn't their behaviour bother you? If a friend lied to you several times would you continue to trust him with your affairs?

All politicians lie regardless of party, ahem Tony Blair remember him he wasn't tory, its just par for the course, if I got upset everytime a poloticion lied I wouldn't have time for anything else, oh and don't forget nick clegg and his lie about tuition fees and his faux apology fooled no one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!