Tories illegal Christmas party.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You would think that johnson would take covid seriously seeing as how he nearly died from it himself. it seems to me that he wants to put the country into lockdown but he darent because it is on top of christmas and the restaurant and pub trades need the money. if they lose their christmas sales for a second year in a row they will all go bust. so he is putting business first and people second. I dont know if this variant of the virus is dangerous or not but i prefer to take the view that it is, just in case. have jabs, wear a mask, socially distance and wash hands frequently. that kept me and mine in one piece so far. it works so thats what i do. if i am in overkill and doing more than i need to then thats alright by me.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• You would think that johnson would take covid seriously seeing as how he nearly died from it himself.

He can't. His mind is not wired like that.

I don't know if you have ever visited any of the elite schools. I never seen Eton, but I have visited Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, MIT and Brown universities and they all have a thing in common, at least to me, they like to encourage selfishness, or free thinking as some of them call it.

I don't which one it was, but one of the places I visited, their motto over the front door was (in Latin) was "Chaos is good" and when I visited harvard, they were hanging dolls of accountants, librarians, bankers, lawyers etc front the side gate with the labels of "conformist" written on them. Bit odd as many of them will become lawyers, accountants etc.

I'm not saying that everyone who goes to these elite schools has warped values, but many of them do. They get sent off to boading school when they are still little children and it's "dog eats dog" survival of the fittest, so things like generosity and humility are totally alien concepts to people like Boris.

• it seems to me that he wants to put the country into lockdown but he darent because it is on top of christmas and the restaurant and pub trades need the money. if they lose their christmas sales for a second year in a row they will all go bust. so he is putting business first and people second. I dont know if this variant of the virus is dangerous or not but i prefer to take the view that it is, just in case. have jabs, wear a mask, socially distance and wash hands frequently. that kept me and mine in one piece so far. it works so thats what i do. if i am in overkill and doing more than i need to then thats alright by me.

Most people take that view and as you say we don't know whether this variant is dangerous or not yet.

As for Boris, it's not business' he's thinking about, but losing an election if he puts the country under Lockdown over Christmas again. Not that he'll be here when the next election comes around...

• Boris was another member of the infamous Bullington club, along with Cameron, who's claims to fame was wild parties and smashing up restaurants to name a few so essentiallly toffs behaving badly, a hard habit to grow out of I expect.

• Yep. They're brought up to believe that the rules that the rest of us have to abide by, don't apply to them. And they're right, they don't. They do what they want.

• I dont know if this variant of the virus is dangerous or not but i prefer to take the view that it is, just in case. have jabs, wear a mask, socially distance and wash hands frequently. that kept me and mine in one piece so far. it works so thats what i do. if i am in overkill and doing more than i need to then thats alright by me.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, but seriously, if we are going to face new variants once or twice a year for decade after decade, would you still advocate this? Seriously?

We could be taking all these measures for no reason. The vaccination programme was supposed to stop all this. I expect no less.

• All politicians lie regardless of party, ahem Tony Blair remember him he wasn't tory, its just par for the course, if I got upset everytime a poloticion lied I wouldn't have time for anything else, oh and don't forget nick clegg and his lie about tuition fees and his faux apology fooled no one.

What was Blairs lie? . Clegg was a fool not a liar, he thought he could hold the Tories to a gentlemen's agreement.

• You would think that johnson would take covid seriously seeing as how he nearly died from it himself. it seems to me that he wants to put the country into lockdown but he darent because it is on top of christmas and the restaurant and pub trades need the money. if

Actually the country is effectively in a lockdown right now created by the fear and scare tactics. No need for Boris to officially do anything so can't be blamed when businesses go bust and he also does not officially have to give them any handouts like furlough. The man's a fat lazy coward and does not want to deal with anything if he can help it. Businesses are dead this Christmas period as more folk shop online and / or putting themselves into self isolation because they are scared to go out.

I think it's even worse than what it was last year before we had the 2 week circuit breaker. Some of those smaller business make more money in December than they do for say 6 months of the year during normal circumstances, especially the hospitality industry. This is the best time of year for pubs and Christmas parties etc. I bet even the Turkey sales are down this year as more people decide to stay at home and not spend Christmas day with the extended family. Then throw into the mix that more people have less money to spend due to loss of jobs, not being paid during previous lockdowns, the increase in gas bills, food and the rest of it etc etc so people are tightening the purse strings. The one industry that is booming is foodbanks.

• https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/…den-in-may-2020

Ok folks, what do we think of this? It's been on the news tonight.

There is no denying all these people are work colleagues and they are outside which is better than being inside, but it's hard for No 10 to state that it's a work meeting, when clearly all the people are in seperate groups, so not having a meeting with each other at all and there is of course cheese and wine. A common theme....

Looks like a social gathering to me.

100 invited to Downing Street garden lockdown drinks
    The Met Police have contacted the government over a gathering said to have been attended by the PM.
    www.bbc.co.uk

So, five days after the "cheese and wine" event, that was not a party according to Boris, there was a party as everyone had to bring their own booze according to the email from Boris's assistant.

Lets see how Boris gets on at PMQs today.

• I'm fed up hearing about so called parties dug up from over a year ago. Parliament should be concentrating on the here and now and addressing issues that are impacting on this nation of ours. Issues like fuel prices, the NHS, Illegal immigration, crime , etc.

There are too many challenges around today and in the future, digging up the past will solve nothing.

The Voice of Reason

• I agree it's in the past why keep worrying about Somthing that has already been done, look to the future and sort out what actually needs doing now, it's all just a distraction, no doubt Labour will keep on about it because they have nothing new to add.

• f if this were a trivial issue, I would agree with you fellas, but what you must understand is that many people died alone because relatives were not allowed to see them and many elderly people did not see relatives for several months, even longer.

Likewise, many funerals and weddings had to be changed dramatically to comply with government rules, the same rules, the government did not comply with.

That's why it matters.

Lots of specualtion that all these leaks about parties is coming from Dominic Cummings. He sounds like a A1 C**t to me.

• Likewise, many funerals and weddings had to be changed dramatically to comply with government rules, the same rules, the government did not comply with.

I couldn't go in person to my uncle's funeral in Suffolk because of the lockdown while the hypocrites were partying. That's why it matters to me. :cursing:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Sorry to hear that Heero.

My uncle died alone and it took almost two months of him gasping for breath everyday too, before he evetually did die from covid and of course, didn't go to the funeral either due to the restrictions.

I have no sympathy for Boris and nor will the conservative MPs, if they do badly in the local eletions in May. Watch for daggers then.

• It's that which will get him in the end. This is a direct insult to all those who have lost family members and they wont forget when it comes to the next election. I doubt he will be made to resign or anything with come from the inquiry. This guy is like Teflon and the press will move onto something else next week. I would rather see serious criminal investigations into a bunch of them for corruption and fraud rather than some silly party.

• I don't care if Boris resigns, He's an urban wishy washy liberal and won't be missed He needs to be replaced by a proper Conservative who will put the UK first.

The Voice of Reason

• It's that which will get him in the end. This is a direct insult to all those who have lost family members and they wont forget when it comes to the next election. I doubt he will be made to resign or anything with come from the inquiry. This guy is like Teflon and the press will move onto something else next week. I would rather see serious criminal investigations into a bunch of them for corruption and fraud rather than some silly party.

I completely understand the grief of people who could not say goodbye to loved ones. However, that was the measure advocated by the scientists who wanted a total lockdown.

That is completely separate from the issue of whether there were any parties going on at Downing Street, which currently stands as a disputed allegation.

Let’s wait for the inquiry’s findings, shall we, before passing judgement?

• I agree it's in the past why keep worrying about Somthing that has already been done, look to the future and sort out what actually needs doing now, it's all just a distraction, no doubt Labour will keep on about it because they have nothing new to add.

The allegations against prince andrew are also in the past. should they be forgotten too? Do you think that in future politicians who break the rules that they put on the people and dont follow themselves should be prosecuted in advance? Yes thats it. whenever boris johnson makes a rule he should be punished before he has done anything wrong because we cant go prosecuting things that hes done can we/

I notice on this forum that it is ontly the wrongdoing of tories that should be overlooked. If starmer had done this you lot would be all over it and demanding his head.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!