Tories illegal Christmas party.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Boris Johnson just doesn't seem to take life seriously at all. Absolutely fine to be 'Jack the Lad' out on the streets, but not when you hold the fate of the country in your hand.

He and his colleagues have shown their contempt for the voters who put them in office.

So many of us want the Tories to stay in power....but only if they can find themselves a credible leader.

Will people really vote for Labour in the next election? Has everyone forgotten the mess they left behind last time they were in control?

• Just watched Starmer squirming on TV this morning about the photo of his Boozy meeting with party members in a Labour office. Two faced or what?. He came over as particularly shifty. He continually refused to answer questions being put to him by the interviewer and bumbled on and on about other people. I suspect he was clutching at straws and out of his depth.

He has absolutely no chance of gaining public confidence and Labour has no chance of winning the next GE if Starmer is at the helm.

Boris is in deep s**t but the Conservatives will find a way to redeem themselves. Boris or no Boris.

• Absolutely, but of course he wasn't the one making the rules.

I think the thing that has really pissed off a lot of people this week was after PMQs, it was reported that Boris was heard saying in the Westminster canteen that he thinks its riduclous that people are making a fuss about these parties.

That shows, as if we didn't already know, that he couldn't care less.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Boris Johnson just doesn't seem to take life seriously at all. Absolutely fine to be 'Jack the Lad' out on the streets, but not when you hold the fate of the country in your hand.

Many of the Conservative MPs warned about this before he became leader. Obviously they knew him better than us and said he was lazy, wasn't interested in the small print and had a too laid back attitude.

They were proven right. Perhaps next time, they might make a decent choice. Here's hoping.

• extract from paper article.

"It seems the Gray report is already written, and ho hum, nothing to see here.

wendy chamberlain raised concerns in the Commons today about a report in The Times that Ms Grays investigation would not conclude Boris Johnson had breached the ministerial code, nor would it find evidence of criminality to refer the issue to the police.

The newspaper also reported that Ms Gray was considering censuring Mr Johnson for a lack of judgement, as well as being critical of the culture at Downing Street, but the decision on whether the Prime Minister broke the ministerial code would conveniently not be within her remit.

The revelations have prompted deep concern among MPs, who have questioned how the contents of the report have been leaked prior to it being published."

newspaper article

So the decision that nothing at all happened has already been taken but it wont be released for a number of days yet. this will be so they can leak it and prepare everybody for a whitewash. boris johnson gets off and walks away from it. We can expect sue grey to get her damehood in the next honours.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• Absolutely, but of course he wasn't the one making the rules.

Wait a minute you are beginning to sound like a leftie! =O

Also didn't hear Starmer speaking out against the rules so maybe he did agree with them even if he didn't make them, but I supposed that's just a case of agree with the rules but don't follow them as they don't apply to you. :/

• As soon as all the MPs starting drilling the mention of inquiry and her name into peoples heads I knew it was a farce. The Taliban have more honour than our MP's. At least they stand by their principles. The fact they call each other honourable is joke. Rather than calling them politicians I think the public and the media needs to get into the habit of calling them servants and remind them who they work for.

Say no to politicians say yes to servants. The one benefit that has come from all this is that it has brought to the forefront that the system needs changing and not just another party who will behave exactly the same because the system allows them to do so.

FGLz1-LHX0-AMj-QDq.jpg

• Or is this misinformation? Given the investigation is on-going, I have my doubts as to the credibility of this report.

As to whether the PM has breached the Ministerial Code, I think that should be clear from the facts in the report.

We are all jumping the gun here - nobody knows exactly what happened - we are putting bits and pieces together and drawing our conclusions.

Innocent until proven guilty.

• I for one am fed up hearing about last year's Partygate.. There's more important issues affecting our country just now. Time for parliament to knuckle down and get on with the day job of running our economy and security.

• No, because it's important Mike.

Those who make the rules need to abide by them too, otherwise we just have anarchy.

Wait a minute you are beginning to sound like a leftie! =O

Also didn't hear Starmer speaking out against the rules so maybe he did agree with them even if he didn't make them, but I supposed that's just a case of agree with the rules but don't follow them as they don't apply to you. :/

I think Starmer is bang out of order Ron, but that's a different magnitude to the prime minister of this country breaking the rules, repeatedly, the very ones he created.

• I for one am fed up hearing about last year's Partygate.. There's more important issues affecting our country just now. Time for parliament to knuckle down and get on with the day job of running our economy and security.

I agree and if Boris is forced to resign we then have the added distraction of them finding somone to replace him and however long that will take. 🙄

• Cummings claims Boris 'lied to Parliament' over lockdown-busting No10 party
    DOMINIC Cummings tonight accused Boris Johnson of lying to Parliament over the party-gate affair. The rogue Brexit guru said he warned the PM directly that a…
    www.thesun.co.uk

Cummings claims he has photos too. Personally, if it were me, I would send all these narcissist, arrogant wankers off to Siberia and be rid of them.

I think any future prime minister will want to choose his/her advisers very carefully and most definately stay away from misfits and oddballs like Cummings.

• I agree and if Boris is forced to resign we then have the added distraction of them finding somone to replace him and however long that will take. 🙄

But would you prefer a proven liar to stay on as PM, Ron?

There's two options here, get rid of him or keep him.

• But would you prefer a proven liar to stay on as PM, Ron?

Sorry, Horizon, but whilst I don’t condone the breaking of any rules by those in authority, I think it is far more important to deal with the pandemic, settling Brexit and implementing the rest of the manifesto.

We are being dragged into this trivia by the Opposition, who have failed to engage the public with their policies, or lack of them. They have nothing to offer and so indulge in mud slinging. To considerable effect this time, it would seem.

I would also point out again that the Gray report on this has not yet been published. We are treating mere allegations as though they are the undisputed truth. I have no reason to believe the poison being spouted by Cummings and I don’t exactly trust Labour either.

So I will look at the report when it comes out before I come to a judgement.

PS - Was he not a 'proven liar' when he was elected? What's new, if so?

• But would you prefer a proven liar to stay on as PM, Ron?

What would be wrong with the deputy pm taking over until the next general election if they must get rid of Boris, as far as I'm concerned a pm should only be chosen by the voters not by members of a political party.

• On the Gray report, she reports to Boris OB. He pays her wages. Do you really believe if she finds him guilty of misconduct, she will state that, explicitly? I think not. And besides, the facts are already known and Boris has "apologised" for them and then made a moan about it in the Westminster canteen. That's how sorry he was.

We are not being dragged into this by Starmer et all. They've nothing to do with this, apart from their own misconduct on breaking the rules, but they are not driving this. Even, Cummings (spit) is not driving this either. He can stir the pot, but he can only stir if there is something to be mixed.

This all stems from Boris. Full stop. The conservative MPs knew what he was like before he became PM and many warned against him, as did I on the Brexit threads, but what choice did we all have with the mess that was Mrs May and her Brexit plans? We got Boris, he's partially got Brexit done, the largest bit, on financial services, is still up in the air, but legally we are seperated from the EU now and now is the time for this country to be separated from Boris too.

You cannot, to address your first point, have someone leading this country who is a proven liar, you just can't. And lazy. And disorganised. And, and....

• What would be wrong with the deputy pm taking over until the next general election if they must get rid of Boris, as far as I'm concerned a pm should only be chosen by the voters not by members of a political party.

I wouldn't want Raab in charge, but in answer to your point, I'm not aware of anything legally that would prevent that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!