Tories illegal Christmas party.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Posting on a forum where someone has taken up residence as a troll who constantly suggests "all" of the rest of the membership are miscreants is, frankly, untenable. With time, someone like this only gets more obnoxious and those of us who have more than one brain cell can't be bothered with its inane shenanigans.

• Poloticions are not celebrities, they like to think they are, but they are not. 🙄

You are right. Politicians are not celebrities. politicians make laws that everybody has to follow or they are prosecuted. celebrities dont make laws.

celebrities - and non celebrities - get prosecuted if they break the law. Politicians lie about it and try to weasel their way out of it and when they get found out lying their mates try playing it all down saying that this is old news and there are more important things to be getting on with.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• You are right. Politicians are not celebrities. politicians make laws that everybody has to follow or they are prosecuted. celebrities dont make laws.

celebrities - and non celebrities - get prosecuted if they break the law. Politicians lie about it and try to weasel their way out of it and when they get found out lying their mates try playing it all down saying that this is old news and there are more important things to be getting on with.

Unfortunately, politics does get bogged down in unnecessary trivia at times. It is the price of democracy.

This wouldn’t be permitted in China or Russia, would it? You’d soon be a non-person!

• Unfortunately, politics does get bogged down in unnecessary trivia at times. It is the price of democracy.

This wouldn’t be permitted in China or Russia, would it? You’d soon be a non-person!

But we are not in china or russia. We are in uk and there is a very serious issue of trust involved in all these revelations.

The prime minister has been proven, not alleged, PROVEN to have lied to parliament time after time after time. He has been sacked from at least two jobs for lying. He is known the world over for the serial pathological liar that he is and yet those who follow him shrug and say ignore it. its just boris being boris. well that wont do. this will not be swept under the carpet so he canjust carry on doing as he likes and lying to people while others obey his laws and suffer appalling financial, personal and emotional hardships.

yesterday the minister for tackling corruption in the house of lords resigned because he is unable to do his job. he is trying to follow up on 4.2 billion pounds of fraud from companies who took money to tackle covid. that is 4.2 billion pounds of taxpayers money. How many schools would that build? how many hospitals would it supply and staff? and it is a fraction of the mount it costs to run the bbc on tv licence payers money, but the tories are going after that remorselessly.

these things are in the public interest and have to be pursued. of course tories want this swept under the carpet because it damages their election chances. But the ordinary people who are not russians or chinese or communists of any kind want answers and they want those responsible held to account. the people have lost trust in boris johnson and his gang of self profiting fraudsters.

Now I have made a responsible comment here about the subject matter. watch the usual gang of three troll me and call me by false names and use insulting language. and you will let them go ahead and do it.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

Edited 2 times, last by It'sThatGirlAgain (January 25, 2022 at 7:08 AM).

• But we are not in china or russia. We are in uk and there is a very serious issue of trust involved in all these revelations.

The prime minister has been proven, not alleged, PROVEN to have lied to parliament time after time after time. He has been sacked from at least two jobs for lying. He is known the world over for the serial pathological liar that he is and yet those who follow him shrug and say ignore it. its just boris being boris. well that wont do. this will not be swept under the carpet so he canjust carry on doing as he likes and lying to people while others obey his laws and suffer appalling financial, personal and emotional hardships.

yesterday the minister for tackling corruption in the house of lords resigned because he is unable to do his job. he is trying to follow up on 4.2 billion pounds of fraud from companies who took money to tackle covid. that is 4.2 billion pounds of taxpayers money. How many schools would that build? how many hospitals would it supply and staff? and it is a fraction of the mount it costs to run the bbc on tv licence payers money, but the tories are going after that remorselessly.

these things are in the public interest and have to be pursued. of course tories want this swept under the carpet because it damages their election chances. But the ordinary people who are not russians or chinese or communists of any kind want answers and they want those responsible held to account. the people have lost trust in boris johnson and his gang of self profiting fraudsters.

Now I have made a responsible comment here about the subject matter. watch the usual gang of three troll me and call me by false names and use insulting language. and you will let them go ahead and do it.

It's your view, IT Girl and you are free to express it. But you don't really expect everyone to agree with it, do you?

I have seen no 'proof' that BJ has lied to parliament, and if it had been 'proven' that he did, it would be a resigning matter. Clearly, you are referring to the 'parties', and it doesn't look good, but these are allegations, not evidence. Hold fire on that for a few days and let's see what comes out of Sue Gray's report. I think you may find that this didn't happen as portrayed.

The fraud issue is worrying, but again, we don't know the full story here. Was this just another person who wants BJ out and is jumping on the bandwagon or did the Treasury tell him to write off billions of pounds? It's yet another allegation, and one that needs some light shone on it.

There's a difference between allegations and facts, and we should all be careful not to confuse the two.

• Looks like if you wanted a illegal birthday party, the place to go was the heart of government.

Whilst #10 may have been able to pass off the other outdoor meetings as work related. Boris' birthday bash, even if he was only there for 10 minutes, was a flagrant breaking of the law as it stood at the time. Had the police come upon a similar gathering at any other address the attendee's would all have been handed spot fines of £100.

If Ms Gray doesn't slam Boris, then that will be her reputation in tatters too.

I'm sure a Baroness title will compensate. :rolleyes:

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Partygate is just a legacy side show organised by the Marxists to try and undermine the UK and the institution of Westminster. Time to move on and concentrate on the here and now. There are many Real issues requiring the attention of parliament.

The Voice of Reason

• Whilst #10 may have been able to pass off the other outdoor meetings as work related. Boris' birthday bash, even if he was only there for 10 minutes, was a flagrant breaking of the law as it stood at the time. Had the police come upon a similar gathering at any other address the attendee's would all have been handed spot fines of £100.

The Met boss was just getting grilled on this a second ago on BBC News and the question posed to her was that aren't the police meant to enforce the rules on everyone otherwise the police would lose the trust of the public. Her basic reply was that they are now investigating the parties, but she made the point that the police at Downing St are armed and are there to do a specific job on protection.

I'm sure a Baroness title will compensate.

Now the BBC are reporting that the Gray report may now be delayed as the police are now investigating.

• I wonder what is being held to be leaked after the creative writing by Sue Gray after it has been approved and sighed off by her boss Boris. I'm sure Cummins has a lot more dirt to leak at his will at targeted times. I hope he is watching his back or has given the data and instructions onto a third party to finish the job off in case he suddenly dies of a mysterious accident. This is the kind of scenario where Wikileaks really proved it's worth.

• Well, Cummings met Gray yesterday, so if he is still holding back info after that meeting, he would be in trouble, so I would assume what's out there is it.

• Police WILL investigate Downing Street parties during lockdown in devastating blow to Boris Johnson
    POLICE will investigate “a number” of Downing Street parties which took place during lockdown, Met chief Dame Cressida Dick has announced. Boris Johnson’s…
    www.thesun.co.uk

Cummins has a lot more dirt to leak at his will at targeted times. I hope he is watching his back or has given the data and instructions onto a third party to finish the job off in case he suddenly dies of a mysterious accident.

Dr Kelly. hint hint.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• What the media are not saying (because they're thick...) is that in light of the Met investigation into the parties, the Sue Gray report is now totally irrelevant.

If Boris is dragged out of No10 in handcuffs in a few weeks, I will cheer the house down. And it will send a message to those politicans who come in the future, to behave and abide by the rules they themselves make.

That would be a Very good day for democracy and our country.

• This is a way of cancelling out the Gray report and now the Police could take up to a year to investigate by which time they are hoping we have all forgot and the media have moved on or the Police will do as before and say they have found no evidence of any criminal activity. The Dick is another one of BJ's mistresses. We are now a country with a government as corrupt as some south American countries. The gov own Sue Gray and the Cabinet office owns the Met Police. Boris and the Dick went to the same Oxford college...they are mates.

The gov are above the law because they are the law and there is no oversight for a corrupt government in this country. The police are not independent and it's not as if the Queen can do anything. The gov are at the highest level in this country and rule so they can do as they please unless us the people do something and voting is not the way. We need a coup like Egypt had a few years back to oust them. If there was enough people we could easily storm Parliament and kick them all out like Cromwell did to the Royals years ago.

This situation is why the US has the right to bare arms. What do we have apart from bodies. We have no oversight in this country to protect us from corruption in government. The parties are small time compared to everything else throughout this pandemic. They have literally murdered people in care homes and have stolen 100's of 1000's of pounds worth of tax payers money.

• Met seeks limits to Sue Gray No 10 parties report
    Scotland Yard wants "minimal reference" to be made to alleged incidents the force is currently investigating.
    www.bbc.co.uk

As I said on Tuesday:

What the media are not saying (because they're thick...) is that in light of the Met investigation into the parties, the Sue Gray report is now totally irrelevant.

Perhaps the Gray Report may come out one day, who knows, but a criminal investigation was always going to take priority.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!