Corbyn considering to set up a new political party to rival Labour

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • See :- Quotes copied from today's news.

"Jeremy Corbyn could establish political party to rival Labour in blow to Sir Keir Starmer"

"Ex-Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, 72, could upgrade his Peace & Justice Project Charity into a political party under plans to run on the ticket at the next election, the Telegraph claims. It is claimed Mr Corbyn is contemplating the move after privately accepting he will not be reinstated as a Labour MP, despite representing the party in the Commons".

I would suggest that there is already an existing party into which he could slot in very easily. It's called the Communist Party. No need to create a new party.

• I would suggest that there is already an existing party into which he could slot in very easily. It's called the Communist Party. No need to create a new party.

The other choice would be Monster Raving Loony Party. :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end for Jeremy Corbyn. It will be interesting to see if he even retains his seat at the next election.

🎶Oh, Jeremy Corbyn…🎶

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• We're having this new party and leaving as an Independent thing a lot where I am too. It seems to be a trend of some sort that indicates the old order isn't delivering and there is no new order.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• The thing is that with our electoral system, going it alone normally means getting forgotten. Corbyn has a chance of election this time around, possibly, depending on the degree of support he can gather from the far left in his constituency, but he will be practically a lone voice in the Commons if he does make it there.

With al the popular support Farage built up, he found it difficult to break through the two party system. Thank God we don't have PR, we'd have all sorts of lunatics standing for election, and a proportion of them would get a voice. They could even be kingmakers in a close coalition.

• This is what happens where I am, so I share your concerns.

I am always amazed at the way voters turn to Labour because they don't like the discipline and economic independence of alternatives. I think they just like whining, personally, and as soon as Starmer takes office they will be at his throat too. Politics is dead, really, and no one has come up with a suitable system to administer a state without dividing the people into warring factions. All political candidates seem to do is promise to give people things. As it's their money, this seems ridiculous but the masses don't think about this. They become like children wanting more pocket money, or peasants changing allegiances to various lords. The fact that society consists of many individuals in a diversity that can only be kept together effectively by a system that benefits as well as advances most of them and that keeps invaders out and strengthens but does not overheat the economy is way out of the average voter's cerebral ball park. They have often killed their own people to put some tinpot dictator in power and lived to regret it for decades.

Which is why I find politics divisive rather than anything else and I have come to the conclusion that it is this very divisiveness that has kept politics and its wealthy elites going for so long. Democracy is a joke in this regard. You don't get what you want, you get what you are willing to buy into. As long as the masses are kept in hostile resistance to factions among themselves, politicians can grow fat. If hats appear above parapets, the heads under these can easily be chopped off without much damage done to the powers that be. The idea is that they have done this to defend the people. The people become afraid and simply continue suffering the control of a few scary, often violent, overlords. Nothing is learned from history although history provides so many examples of how to agree to your own oppression.

Alas 8)

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• You have seen passed the illusion as many others have then. The problem is where do we go from here and how do we get rid of the system and what replaces it so there is not any more chaos than what we have now. We need a civil war to break it down. The roundheads are no longer suitable. How does one go about breaking a political system or is this already happening from within the house itself with self combustion. Many people are at boiling point now and we are only a stones throw away from riots like in some parts of Europe, Australia or even Kazakhstan. It's going to be interesting come April when the NHS becomes such a mess as 1000's lose their job. This may then force a lockdown as it collapses and people will react.

I think the big tech companies are trying to break things but their control is also about money and ripping off the pawns and it's mostly the US trying to indoctrinate and overtake the UK via social media and other tech to benefit them not us but it's more a social a destruction which then affects the political. Maybe we just have to wait until the next big financial crash because ultimately it's all about money and greed or maybe nature itself will deal with us. Whatever happens it's not going to be pleasant but what is important is the end result that comes through the other side.

Sometimes I wish I got into religion and led that life. It would be so much easier to seperate oneself from society and live a more simple and happier life and not be influenced by all this crap.

• Most people have become cynical about politics, but until someone comes up with a better way of doing things that would actually work, we should leave things as they are and just try to reform the bits that need reforming.

Democracy must be better that dictatorship or totalitarianism.

As for religion, that won't get you anywhere. We have seen enough cruelty and war from that being dominant in the past.

• Democracy is all an illusion. Do we have the option to opt out of paying taxes or abiding to their rules...no. So it's more a Dictatorship or modern day enslavement. I didn't sign any contract with them to agree to their terms when I was born.

• I think we are witnessing the beginning of the end for Jeremy Corbyn. It will be interesting to see if he even retains his seat at the next election.

🎶Oh, Jeremy Corbyn…🎶

I think there are enough nut jobs out there who would be interested, so I'm not sure about that OB.

• Most people have become cynical about politics, but until someone comes up with a better way of doing things that would actually work, we should leave things as they are and just try to reform the bits that need reforming.

Democracy must be better that dictatorship or totalitarianism.

How very true OB. Here in Scotland we are suffering from just that. Nasty Nicoliar's policies of hate and spite is destroying decency and social cohesion. Our weird Electoral system to the Scottish assembly is so stupid that it allows the horrors of a one party state and a self appointed dictator akin to the old ussr.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!