Army officer returns to UK after solo South Pole trek

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • This story is starting to really bug me now. Not the fact she walked to the South Pole, well done to her I say. What I dislike is how the news keeps repeating first woman of colour. FFS she's mixed race and more White than Black and going by her name I think she has some Indian in her genetics. She's not any more coloured than Harry the bitches other half. Besides what difference does it make as to what colour she is. How is that relevant to the story.

South Pole explorer returns to UK after solo trek - BBC News
    She is thought to be the first woman of colour to complete a solo expedition across Antarctica.
    www.bbc.co.uk

What may happen now is that the poor girl could end up getting the backlash from the media shit stirring and receive racist abuse online etc. They are making an issue out of a non issue just to push an agenda and drill these terms into peoples head. It's like torture. White noise constantly repeated and it's not only the BBC as I just heard GMTV use the term. IMO this is main stream media racism borderline racist abuse if they don't consider the possible consequences of their actions that could prevail from their wording and the way they portray this story.

• It was a marvelous achievement. Well done that lass. A task that few could complete.

The Wokenistas and LW racist lunatics are jumping on the fact that she has darker skin.. So what.. She is a real person, her skin colour is totally irrelevant.

• This story is starting to really bug me now. Not the fact she walked to the South Pole, well done to her I say. What I dislike is how the news keeps repeating first woman of colour. FFS she's mixed race and more White than Black and going by her name I think she has some Indian in her genetics. She's not any more coloured than Harry the bitches other half. Besides what difference does it make as to what colour she is. How is that relevant to the story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-…d-derbyshire-59992823.amp

What may happen now is that the poor girl could end up getting the backlash from the media shit stirring and receive racist abuse online etc. They are making an issue out of a non issue just to push an agenda and drill these terms into peoples head. It's like torture. White noise constantly repeated and it's not only the BBC as I just heard GMTV use the term. IMO this is main stream media racism borderline racist abuse if they don't consider the possible consequences of their actions that could prevail from their wording and the way they portray this story.

Is there anything or anybody you have a good word for?

You seem to condemn everybody except the people who would abuse her. Do you think that attacking somebody who has made a notable achievement just because they see her on the tv is acceptable? should somebody who makes an achievement not be put on tv because they may be trolled? That would be giving in to trolls. Would you welcome it happening to her because it would prove you right? How about you go and walk to the south pole. Take your time.

I bet if she had of been white it wouldn't even have made the news.

Ranulph fiennes. sorry, SIR ranulph feinnes, has been pretty well publicised.

Ranulph Feinnes Wiki

Check out the link and see his list of achievements, awards and books that he has written then tell me he has never had any publicity. Oh and he is a white man. Just in case you are the only person on the planet who has never heard of him.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• This story is starting to really bug me now. Not the fact she walked to the South Pole, well done to her I say. What I dislike is how the news keeps repeating first woman of colour.

I agree, Norra. She is first and foremost a woman. We should stop obsessing about the colour of anyone’s skin. The BBC should be setting an example and leave skin colour out of it.

Well done to her, though!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• You seem to condemn everybody except the people who would abuse her. Do you think that attacking somebody who has made a notable achievement just because they see her on the tv is acceptable? should somebody who makes an achievement not be put on tv because they may be trolled? That would be giving in to trolls. Would you welcome it happening to her because it would prove you right? How about you go and walk to the south pole. Take your time.

To be fair, Norra was criticising the BBC’s obsession with her colour. She wasn’t criticising the lady herself.

• What has the colour of her skin got to do with what she achieved, why was it relevant to mention it in the news report?

Because it's the BBC, silly Ron for not knowing that..... :whistling: :P

Anything which is to do with black people, asian people especially Muslims, gay people although they have been pushed out in favour of transgender people and of course their favourite, the Irish, will always get top billing.

• Because it's the BBC, silly Ron for not knowing that..... :whistling: :P

Anything which is to do with black people, asian people especially Muslims, gay people although they have been pushed out in favour of transgender people and of course their favourite, the Irish, will always get top billing.

Cause and effect. Brexit encouraged all the racists in britain to come out from under their stones and the last six years have seen a rise in racist propaganda, racist attacks and racist attitudes. Black people are constantly being degraded by white british who are encouraged by the language of brexit. It therefore provokes a reaction in the opposite direction. non-racists go out of their way to encourage and support black people. We have been forced to take sides.

The days of british tolerance are gone. now we are either for or against coloured people or muslims or just plain ordinary foreigners. anyone who isnt a member of the white british tribe is an object for hate no matter how the racists try to tell us they dont care about the colour of a persons skin. they say that it isnt important that it was a black person who did this feat. Well, the fact that a black person is getting positive comments from the media clearly angers them . why would they get that way if it wasnt important? The fact is that they resent any achievement by a black person and dont want it reported because that contradicts their belief that black people are inferior.

Britain is broken. our politics are polarised. there is no middle ground. you are either for black people or against them. you are either a humanitarian or a racist. you are either against europe or for it. there is no in between. no middle ground. And it all started with brexit. before then we had a relatively happy, tolerant society. sure there was some racism and some friction but nothing like we have now. the moment that vote came in all the racists crawled out from under their stones. it enabled them. it encouraged them. . and we are where we are today because of it.

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• [Sigh…]

Brexit is not about racism, despite efforts by remainers to marginalise those who wanted to leave the EU by attributing that slur to our cause.

You can say it again and again (and no doubt you will) but it does not make it so.

• Because it's the BBC, silly Ron for not knowing that..... :whistling: :P

It wasn't just the BBC in this case.

• To be fair, Norra was criticising the BBC’s obsession with her colour. She wasn’t criticising the lady herself.

I think It'sThatGirlAgain has misread my post. Indeed I have nothing but admiration for what Preet Chandi has achieved and she should feel immensely proud of herself. What I don't like is how the media are now putting her in a position where it's likely that the media have riled up the racists and she may receive the backlash from it. There's your cause and effect. Surly the media have a duty of care instead of fuelling a bad situation. It feels like they are working for the government and they want to cause disruption and abuse so the gov can then impose more pressure on the social media companies or more likely to happen is they turn around and say we need to give up our privacy / anonymity only that then puts everyone in danger from stalkers, hackers, identity fraudsters, criminal abuse etc.

• I don’t think it is the intention of woke people to rile the racists, but the fact that their fawning over minorities does just that, and they don’t see it.

What the media should be doing is treating everyone equally. Instead, they are encouraging everyone to judge others by their skin colour, and that is wrong.

• [Sigh…]

Brexit is not about racism, despite efforts by remainers to marginalise those who wanted to leave the EU by attributing that slur to our cause.

You can say it again and again (and no doubt you will) but it does not make it so.

Its the typical response of some that if a discussion about Brexit and/or controlling immigration starts they scream racist in the hope it will deter those that disagree with them will shut up, another word they like to use is "Nazi".

• I disagree that the woke use Nazi as an attack on others. The woke are more akin to Nazis as they try to impose on others how one should behave and think. It's like a religion forcing the belief of a God on others.

• I disagree that the woke use Nazi as an attack on others.

You seem to have forgotten about a certain Jenny who used to frequent these forum, she was very fond of hurling the word Nazi at anyone who disagreed with her, and when she got pulled up on it by the moderators she cried victim and that's why she left with her tail between her legs.

• In my experience they never stop suggesting everyone and his aunty is a nazi. They invoke Godwin's law every chance they get and when they aren't doing that then we're all just racists as a cover term. And we are also extremists, apparently. And filled with hatred. They don't need to know who or what you really are and they never ask you (because they don't care). They just hurl insults and abuse every opportunity that presents itself. Many are plants that seed themselves on as many forums as they can in order to gaslight as many as they can, or chase off anyone who dissents from their creed. They often succeed at this as they are also excellent bullshitters.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• You seem to have forgotten about a certain Jenny who used to frequent these forum, she was very fond of hurling the word Nazi at anyone who disagreed with her, and when she got pulled up on it by the moderators she cried victim and that's why she left with her tail between her legs.

And of course has not returned in a different guise ;) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!