Women’s rights to abortion in the US may be under threat

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • For too long abortion has been seen as just yet another way to avoid giving birth. It's legalized taking of a life. Many may see the killing of unborn human babies as not important, but the unborn baby has a right to life. There are many ways to stop conception and the sensible approach is to take the necessary precautions before indulging in sex.

The American states which abolished abortion are right IMHO. Even though it goes against the will of president Biden, who as most people suspect has become confused in his old age.

The Voice of Reason

• For too long abortion has been seen as just yet another way to avoid giving birth. It's legalized taking of a life. Many may see the killing of unborn human babies as not important, but the unborn baby has a right to life. There are many ways to stop conception and the sensible approach is to take the necessary precautions before indulging in sex.

The American states which abolished abortion are right IMHO. Even though it goes against the will of president Biden, who as most people suspect has become confused in his old age.

That's easy to say, Mike, but as they say, 'There's many a slip'.

I agree with you that abortion is something to be avoided as far as possible, and that the attitude towards getting such a procedure is far too casual in some cases. All this talk about it being 'the woman's body' is very shallow indeed - what about the child's body?

However, it is not an easy topic because in many cases of abortion, the woman's story is tragic, and the decision to undergo the procedure is an extremely difficult one. I am sanguine about abortions in the first weeks because although it is a life being disposed of, it is not aware of anything at that stage. However, once the unborn child has awareness and can feel pain, I think an abortion at that time is nothing short of murder.

This is not an easy issue to tackle and the law on this needs to be carefully thought out. Pandering to the zealots on either side is not the way to do it.

• At what point is it a life. To me life begins with the first breath. If you consider what exists at the early stage when abortion takes place then you may as well stop eating chicken eggs because it's a life of a chicken.

• That would be a very convenient way of looking at it, but it's not true.

It seems very odd to me that you can kill a baby by carrying out an abortion and leaving it on a slab to die, but if you kill it a few weeks later, after it has been born, then suddenly it becomes murder.

• The woman should be the one who decides if she wants an abortion or not , especially in the case of rape, or if there is risk to her life , or if the child is likely to be severely handicapped

• I think abortion should only be in the case of rape, the foetus is badly deformed or the mother's health be at risk and then only in the first 12 weeks or so.

There are other forms of birth control readily available.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Even with the good contraception we have available today the world is over populated , if the woman wants an abortions it should be done as early as possible

• There are women queuing up for fertility treatment and also to adopt babies. There are not enough to supply the need. ---- Instead of pregnant women killing their unborn babies, a solution to everybody's challenges is for the baby to be born and immediately arrangements made for the baby to be placed in a loving adoptive home. Everybody wins. But more so the baby who is given the best gift of all ---- LIFE ...

The Voice of Reason

• It is not our decision to make its the woman who has to make it

I don’t agree. There are two lives to be taken into account once the baby is viable.

As to what the law should be, that’s another question.

• There's something I am becoming increasingly aware about. IIRC it was Mike that first hinted about it in threads about the rise of attacks on woman not only physically but looked down upon sociologically, treated like 2nd class citizens. I don't know who but It appears to me that some group somewhere is stirring the pot and is causing a rise in woman's lib. More division in society that's all we need. :whistling: I don't know who it is, maybe it's coming from the WOKE movement or maybe higher up politically. Something else is going on here at a deeper level and abortion is being used to cause uproar and more division. Don't forget there's was also that whole 'body autonomy' argument over COVID and vaccines too. If this abortion thing is allowed then that is a step in a direction where we have those in power having control over our 'own' bodies.

Personally I think we should be extremely wary of anything that either comes from the US or is news in the US and should not let it influence us and the rest of the world or we are in danger is turning into a US controlled world. Just look how BLM negatively impacted us and took hold. I don't think people want to live in a US style world....the most fucked up county in the world!!! Lets not bring ourselves down to the their level where the majority of citizens have been indoctrinated into being so dumbed down they go around shooting each other. Maybe that's why they want more kids.....to make up for the loss in numbers where they shoot each other.

• The woman should be the one who decides if she wants an abortion or not , especially in the case of rape, or if there is risk to her life , or if the child is likely to be severely handicapped

For those circumstances I agree Fred, but not for convenience.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!