Local elections 2022 - Not the result either party wanted

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Cabinet will rally round Boris Johnson after local elections test
    The Tories lost the flagship Wandsworth Council to Labour having controlled it since 1978. They also lost Southampton to Labour and West Oxfordshire and…
    www.dailymail.co.uk

Elections 2022: A night of jubilation and disaster? Not quite
    What do the Conservative losses and Labour gains so far tell us about the state of UK politics?
    www.bbc.co.uk

Early indications are that there is no overall winner here.

Normally in mid term elections, the incumbent government would be expected to do badly. The Conservatives have lost some key London seats like Westminster and Wandsworth, but seem to be retaining their Red Wall seats.

Where does this result leave us?

It's not a knock out blow against Boris over PartyGate, nor is this result a resounding endorsement of Keir Starmer, far from it.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Thank You.

It is not as bad as I expected , no real surprises in London Labour have good support in London , plus of course Labour kept mentioning the cost of living inflation and energy prices ,I think that may have taken some voters eye off the ball away from local issues which is what Local Elections are about

• Heard nothing about the Scottish Local Elections. -- They didn't start counting the votes until 09.00 hrs this morning.. I'm suspecting not much change. The Natz will still hold their place but with a reduced majority. The rest -- Who Knows. Typical of a One Party Marxist State.

• Waiting for Northern Ireland too. It will be these places which give more "interesting" results rather than those held in England.

Thank You.

It is not as bad as I expected , no real surprises in London Labour have good support in London , plus of course Labour kept mentioning the cost of living inflation and energy prices ,I think that may have taken some voters eye off the ball away from local issues which is what Local Elections are about

London is full of immigrants and mostly support Labour, so no surprise that almost the entire city supports Labour now.

• I've just spent a load of money on new plants for my garden, so I guess I'm staying for now. :(

• Waiting for Northern Ireland too. It will be these places which give more "interesting" results rather than those held in England.

London is full of immigrants and mostly support Labour, so no surprise that almost the entire city supports Labour now.

Exactly! That’s why the Labour Party supports multiculturalism and mass immigration.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!