The new Dr Who is Ncuti Gatwa. Who???

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Ncuti Gatwa: BBC names actor as next Doctor Who star
    The star of Netflix's Sex Education will replace Jodie Whittaker in the BBC science fiction show.
    www.bbc.co.uk

I know this is a media topic, but "feel" this is the more appropriate place for this topic.... ;)

As one of the BBC's most popular and exportable dramas, you'd think they would hire someone that people actually know, but I guess not. Is this just another example of the BBC's woke strategy?

Has anyone atually ever heard of Ncuti Gatwa?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I think that the show needs re-branding for this. I should be transformed from Dr Who to Dr Who? (see what I did)

Honestly, I think this almost falls under cultural appropriation. Just imagine a show where the principle character had been black for over 50 years then becoming white. Riots i the street time methinks.

But its OK to go the other way round.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It's not because he's black that's the problem, it's that he's a unknown black actor. If it was Lenny Henry or somebody everyone knows, then fine, but this is just diversity for diversity's sake.

• Has anyone atually ever heard of Ncuti Gatwa?

Never heard of him. But I gave up on Dr Who many years ago when they put that Billy Piper in it.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• That’s about the time I gave up on it.

Nothing to do with Billie Piper, I just think I grew out of it.

• My kids used to watch it, they liked it. I just checked it every so often to make sure that there was no iffy content.. They grew out of it so it's never been on our TV for many many decades. . It's a kiddies programme so no interest for adults. This new actor is an unknown so the show is going to continue it's downward spiral into oblivion

• It's not because he's black that's the problem, it's that he's a unknown black actor. If it was Lenny Henry or somebody everyone knows, then fine, but this is just diversity for diversity's sake.

Not fine under any circumstances H. If it wouldn't be fine the other way round it isn't fine this way either. This isn't racism, this is fundamentally changing the story and the half century of pre-conceptions that have got the story to where it is. There is plenty of TV space and time to fill with new black characters and stories in their own shows if the need for a black time traveller is now seen as important. No doubt this won't be a black time traveller who simply acts as a Dr Who, this will be laden with black cultural references and anti-white man snipes just as the Jodie Whittaker take over was filled with woke storylines and feminist references that were oozing from the screen each week.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Haven't watched this crap since Tom Baker days. It lost the plot a long time ago and now it seems it's turned into a complete cock up. The prick can't even match his hair and eyebrows and has teeth like a mule that has walked out the vets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!