Macron invites Britain to Join "new" EU

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Emmanuel Macron invites Britain to join 'political European community' outside of the EU
    The French President has called for a new group that maintains 'European core values'
    www.gbnews.uk

Danger Will Robinson. Danger!!

Just when you think we're clear, we may get sucked in again.

Macron has come up with this "brillant" idea of suggesting that Euopean countries such as the UK and Ukraine which are not members of the EU, should be part of a wider European political unity.

Didn't we just come out of such a thing?

After Putin's slaughter in Ukraine, Macron says that all of Europe must be united in some kind of way and I guess I can see the sense of that, but this seems like a backdoor way to get us back in the EU. He's even talking about changing the core EU treaties to become more flexible, although other EU countries have already poured cold water on that. Of course, Cameron asked the EU for this same flexability before our referendum.

I can see remainers jumping on this and asking for a referendum.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I waited years and years patiently for the Referendum to cast my vote to get out of the EU , which bit of been there done that did not like it it did not want it, we were taken into to the EU without even being asked by PM Major, Macron can Bog Off :cursing:

• We should tell him we'll stick with NATO, thanks!

That will happen anyway. Thay's what guarantees our security.

I waited years and years patiently for the Referendum to cast my vote to get out of the EU , which bit of been there done that did not like it it did not want it, we were taken into to the EU without even being asked by PM Major, Macron can Bog Off :cursing:

I think a lot of people in the country will take the same view, Fred.

The UK should tell Macron politely to Go Away or words to that effect. It's the most stupid idea Macron has ever had.

I'm not sure what the idea is.

Either, try to get us back into the EU via some backdoor, or have some new organisation seperate from the EU. I am sure Brussels wouldn't be keen on that.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!