National rail strike on the cards

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I think it is widely acknowledged that the PM was responsible for fast tracking the vaccine and ensuring that it was distributed to our population first.

Acknowledged by whom ? The government put some of the money up but even you can’t give Johnson credit for actually developing the vaccine.

• You are clutching at straws , what a stilly thing to say sheer nonsense from your imagination again, the Government provided taxpayers money to pay for round the clock to fund 24/7 Scientific Researchers to produce a vaccine that would help fight the Virus.

Which they did which was rolled at fast as possible across the UK , we were way ahead of the EU Nations who were still arguing about what should be done

• Front page of today’s Daily Mail attacking the Labour Party over the strikes game me a good laugh, as if it’s their fault...

• Acknowledged by whom ? The government put some of the money up but even you can’t give Johnson credit for actually developing the vaccine.

You wouldn’t give BJ credit for anything, Truebrit. You’d choke first.

• My gawd some of you folk are a mirror image of what the media spread. Don't you ever use you brain to actually critically think and see beyond the government and media manipulation bullshit. No wonder this county is so fucked it's full of brain dead......sheaple for want of a better word. I'd like to think once all the old farts pop their clogs things may improve but watching Question Time and listening to the many ages of the general public we truly are fucked. What a screwed up species we have become. The human race doesn't deserve to survive on this planet.

There's good reason for these strikes and I hope the teachers and nurses follow suit. It's just a shame there are no unions for the many other trades and areas of employment. Currently the majority of the working class are having the piss taken out of them. Paid slavery is what it's basically like for the majority. And as for the elderly that have worked all their life and paid their taxes they are thrown on the compost heap when it comes to pensions, bus passes, TV licence and the rest of it.

• There is no need whatsoever for the strikes, Norra.

All the unions have to do is accept the modernisation of 1919 practices and let people who want voluntary redundancy to leave and they have achieved an elegant solution. A pay rise along the lines they are demanding and lower fares for the public, which in turn brings more of the public back to the railways.

How exactly is that bad for the workforce? Far from being brain dead, some of us can see how this dispute can be resolved for everyone’s benefit.

• Some of us remember back in the 60's 70's and 80's when Unions refused to allow modernization better more efficient machines, Spanish Practices, overmanning, we could not compete with cheaper imports , factories closed , jobs lost hand over fist

• Some of us remember back in the 60's 70's and 80's when Unions refused to allow modernization better more efficient machines, Spanish Practices, overmanning, we could not compete with cheaper imports , factories closed , jobs lost hand over fist

The RMT mindset is set in those days. They just refuse to change.

• Yes Dinosaurs I remember Red Robbo he basically handed UK Car Manufacturing to the far East on a plate , plus of course bad management producing crap cars that were out of date

• If we want to have a high wage, high skilled economy, the trade unions need to modernise themselves, adjust how they work and think, and start being more constructive in terms of the workers they represent.

Their Luddite approach to the modernisation of industry will only end up killing off their respective sectors in favour of other countries.

• Exactly I will keep it short that is what happened to my Dads Trade he worked in the Cotton Mills the looms in his Mill were made in the 1930's slow cumbersome and were limited in what type of cloth they could weave and width, they had been struggle to stay in business since the early 40's.

The owners wanted to being in new looms made in Switzerland they were light years ahead , faster,and more efficient the Union said no they were Luddites frightened of change , not so overseas new mills new up to date looms.

They wove the same cotton goods as my Dads Mill and many others but even with shipping cost on top of their lower production cost to the UK their cotton goods were much cheaper, the Mills started to close many thousands were made redundant, as were many who worked to supply the Mills with spare parts.

Time Lynch and far left mates woke up to what will happen to them unless they embrace changes , the Rail Companies are offering to retrain existing staff, they are not going down the road of Compulsory Redundancies but voluntary, it is not as if they are badly paid the more skilled you have learn the more you earn

• I do not wish to see Unions banned , but I do agree with proposals by the Transport Secretary in changes to strike legislation because of the behaviour on the Rail Unions, they are holding the travelling public to ransom effecting them badly.

Damaging our economy in the process which will mean it will take longer to reduce inflation and the impact that has on all of us, tickets are not cheap the wage demands if met will mean ticket prices will have to go up , some workers will not be able to afford to get to work hospital whatever.

My son lives in Hatfield which is only 12 miles or so outside of London he has an ancient 125cc Motor Cycle which he uses everyday to get to work , sadly last week it failed big time not worth repairing, last week he had no choice but to use the train to get into Central London.

5 days of traveling less than 30 miles cost him £164 plus a longer working day had to leave home at 6am and did not get home until about 8pm, he has now had to buy a new Motorcycle much cheaper then expensive unreliable trains and underground.

The two Dinosaurs who are leading the Train drivers strike are far hard left and as I have stated before this strike IMO has been engineered in an attempt to bring down the Government, here they are

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-11109501

• Formal talks to be held next week between Aslef and train companies
    It comes amid a 24-hour strike across the UK, which saw train drivers walk out over jobs, pay and conditions.
    www.lbc.co.uk

I think they should bring in ACAS. Maybe they could knock some sense into the unions and get them to see that they can have the money if they accept modernisation, which the companies say will not be paid for by compulsory redundancies.

• https://www.lbc.co.uk/business/48ae0…9fbcd9a6cce271/

I think they should bring in ACAS. Maybe they could knock some sense into the unions and get them to see that they can have the money if they accept modernisation, which the companies say will not be paid for by compulsory redundancies.

We are back to the 1970s OB the strikes were inevitable. The government have to take the blame for this 100%. They created these inflationary times so what did they expect? This is why Sunak should not be PM.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• If you had not noticed many nations are in the same trouble as we or even worse off due to the amount of money the Pandemic has cost us and them, Putin's War has put up energy prices right across the EU, we thankfully buy very little of his gas etc in fact I believe we no buy and of his gas now,

Strikes and unreasonable wage demands now will make it even harder and take longer to reduce inflation, which will hit the lower paid harder , the train drivers of course will be Ok ,

I'm all right Jack pull the ladder up film, springs to mind

• The government’s of Europe are collectively responsible as a result of their reckless energy policies. Trump warned them and the Germans in particular laughed in his face (literally).

Who’s laughing now?

We need to be smarter about who we let run our countries.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• We are back to the 1970s OB the strikes were inevitable. The government have to take the blame for this 100%. They created these inflationary times so what did they expect? This is why Sunak should not be PM.

Well, not really! Russia’s invasion of Ukraine caused the inflation by causing fuel and food shortages. You cannot, in all seriousness, blame the government for that!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!